Deleted

Keyboard - k70 vs rapidfire vs other

Thinking of getting a keyboard. Unsure whether to buy the k70 cherry red or the corsair rapidfire. Either of these 2 or settle for a cheap membrane keyboard.

Look into CM Storm Quickfire TK/Rapid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Look into CM Storm Quickfire TK/Rapid.
    Looking for something with the numpad keys + ideally a wrist rest

Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    Looking for something with the numpad keys + ideally a wrist rest
    K70 is a good choice then. Stay away from Rapidfire version.

I just bought
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/34957010?ref=myacct

And I love it, best Keyboard&Mouse I ever got.

Edit: Just noticed u wanted something with a wrist rest. You can buy that on the side if u wanted but if u want it bundled then ya go with something else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    Thinking of getting a keyboard. Unsure whether to buy the k70 cherry red or the corsair rapidfire. Either of these 2 or settle for a cheap membrane keyboard.
    I've just bought the K70 RGB with Red switches and its great although a little expensive (£150), swapped to it from a Razer Deathstalker which is a membrane keyboard.

I have added some o-rings to my K70 to stop the keys from bottoming out on the back plate which reduces the overall noise of the keyboard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The TK part means ten key(the numpad). You can buy a wrist rest. TK-less means it has no numpad.
    Tbh TK is not a proper full size keyboard. Most people prefer smaller keyboard that's why I suggested it but I guess OP is different.

Stay away from Rapidfire version.
    Any reason why?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Any reason why?
    Uses a new type of switches which are similar to MX Red but with substantially lower actuation distance but with the same actuation force. Very weird combination for gaming but should be good for typing (especially if you dont like feedback). Also, these switches are so new that there is not much experience with them constructively. Cherry claims their lifespan to be the same as MX Red, but we never know.

Uses a new type of switches which are similar to MX Red but with substantially lower actuation distance but with the same actuation force. Very weird combination for gaming but should be good for typing (especially if you dont like feedback). Also, these switches are so new that there is not much experience with them constructively. Cherry claims their lifespan to be the same as MX Red, but we never know.
    Thanks for the info. I just watched a quick video about them as well, and I'm glad I didn't buy it especially because of the awful fonts and key cap size it has.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"