Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Laugh ... When do they then start kicking holy paladins for using crusader strike? It reduce the CD of holy shock which is a great ability to use to increase healing ...
    Also judgment to also increase healing - both dps spells.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I know that healers heal and don't do dps. You're one of those people who started playing because you liked the movie so it's ok if you haven't learnt everything about the game yet but you'll have to learn this eventually or other people will get mad at you.
    Obvious troll is obvious. I literally linked the ability.

Also my MMOC account is older than yours.

Atonement

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    do you not understand how the new disc works, doing damage means hes healing also, apart from a few spells mainly to throw atonement buff on players, a disc should spam his damage spells as much as possible.

Thats exactly correct you don't have a clue, the only time a disc should not be doing damage is to apply atonement buff on players, each person that has atonement on them gets healed through the priest doing damage, if 10 ppl have atonement they all get healed equally, if 5 ppl have atonement the same happens, otherwise the only other way to heal would be to spam Shadow Mend a single target heal that applies atonement. Shield has a long ass cd now so its mainly just a tank cd, and the other heals disc have are not very effective at healing mostly just to apply the atonement buff around or something to use when moving.
    Excuse me for not having played the disc priest as much as you do. Clearly you're superior here...

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Excuse me for not having played the disc priest as much as you do. Clearly you're superior here...
    It is not about being Superior. It is not about how long a person has played Disc. It is about Disc has changed drastically. Those changes been in for months now. People in this thread STATED those changes, either people are stupid or like to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    Must be a bug,
    Not a bug, it was changed to do that because what use to happen was tanks would get in some dungeon they didn't want to do and beg to be kicked so they could instantly queue again.

I would say that's completely accurate. You failed to educate yourself about class changes, but didn't hesitate for a second to blather on about it in a forum post. The funny thing is you don't even realize you did it to yourself. Or can't accept that you did. Either way pretty comical.

I had this happen to me after one pull way back last year ish, I suggested to the DK that he could mind control the spell caster at the start of the instance in the Old Kingdom, to use it as a pet, I got kicked from the dungeon for saying that and was stuck with deserter... Safe to say I was pretty bloody annoyed, made a post on the forums about it and proceeded to get told that it was my fault and then spent the rest of my thread trying to defend myself..

Great community, but yeah apparently it's to combat people asking to be kicked because they don't like the dungeon or going afk at the start to troll people... A solution to target afk's and trolls that partially enables trolls, doesn't combat AFK's and punishes genuine players.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

stop doing dps lol.
    This game's playerbase is unbelievably pathetic.

Sorry this happened to you. No clue about the debuff, is this new?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    . No clue about the debuff, is this new?
    happening since wrath.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    stop doing dps lol.
    This game's playerbase is unbelievably pathetic.

Sorry this happened to you. No clue about the debuff, is this new?
    Ooooh the irony.

Please do read up on Disc, you know.. Considering you're advertising guides and discussions "about all things" in Legion in your sig. Really doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your cause

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    I would say that's completely accurate. You failed to educate yourself about class changes, but didn't hesitate for a second to blather on about it in a forum post. The funny thing is you don't even realize you did it to yourself. Or can't accept that you did. Either way pretty comical.
    I agree.

You cant blather on about shit acting like a knowitall and then after you get corrected excuse yourself with not knowing and acting like the one who called you out is rude.

You fucked up. Deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    I enjoy you! Never change!

7+ Year Old Account
    this has nothing to do with superiority or how long/much anyone has played the spec.
    disc got immense changes, they turned it from being just a better and faster holy spec with shields into a dmg/healing hybrid.
    disc priest HAVE to deal dps to heal.
    if you want to to participate in a fucking discussion make sure you know what the topic is about and get your facts straight before you open your goddamn mouth and only bullshit comes out of it.

Formerly known as Arafal

I heard that healers are not doing the heals they used to, I have only come acrossed holy priests that complain about how their heals suck. I am not sure about disc, so I can't really say anything.

The kick was unnecessary because [insert reason for dying] so they blamed the heals.

As a blood dk tank, I always pull 3-4 groups and do 80-90% of the group's damage because I am geared (speaking TW & heroic) and I keep aggro on every single mob. Sometimes i'll just get kicked because I am doing the majority of the group's damage or that they just can't handle a fast paced run.

Basically I got kicked for performing 2 roles, tank and dps while the dps were doing 10-20% of my dps.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-31 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    So I've just been kicked from a Timewalking dungeon for being a discipline priest "stop doing dps" they said.

Now I've got 30 min debuff.

That can't be right?
    It's been like that, since WotLK, and there have been dozens of threads about the same..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    this has nothing to do with superiority or how long/much anyone has played the spec.
    disc got immense changes, they turned it from being just a better and faster holy spec with shields into a dmg/healing hybrid.
    disc priest HAVE to deal dps to heal.
    if you want to to participate in a fucking discussion make sure you know what the topic is about and get your facts straight before you open your goddamn mouth and only bullshit comes out of it.
    I'm glad you've proven that when you open yours, only nice things come out! Keep it up!

i have maybe logged on a few times and killed a handful of raid bosses so barely even played it, but still even just playing it a little you should be able to understand that disc has changed, it's healing primarily comes from doing damage and managing the atonement buff on players. Spend 5 mins just looking over you class and you should have the very basics of how it plays, then i comes down doing what it takes to master it.

Disc priests have had atonement for a long time so anyone who has played it should at least understand it provided healing, its just now atonement is now the core in disc healing.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2016-07-31 at 08:33 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Well for the most part yes but this doesn't apply to timewalking dungeons where one person can easily make your group an awful experience with a lot of wipes.
    True enough. I was thinking of Heroics.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You should be kicked for trying to DPS as a healer.
    Oh goody Jaylock is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    If I haven't got a clue then a priest must be real shit if he has to spam dps to heal in 5 MAN DUNGEON.
    That's how Disc heals now. Thru DPS. Their actual healing spells, with the exception of Shadow Mend, do very little healing and mainly serve to apply Atonement buffs onto party members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    /sigh.....

The Penitent and Penance. Shadowmend. Plea. Power Word: Radiance.
    The Penitent is inferior to Castigation. Shadow Mend is expensive and single-target (it's really designed solely for tank healing). Plea and Power Word: Radiance do almost no healing, because their purpose is to apply Atonement so that your damage can be converted into healing for those targets.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama