Thread: #wowbrokenarrow

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    What exactly was hard about Wrath MM? Only thing I remember is just casting Chimera, then Aimed (or Multi if 3 targets were alive), fill the rest with Steady Shots. You macroed Kill Command and Silencing Shot to other shots. Your cooldown Rapid Fire changed nothing. If you had to move a bit you used Arcane Shot. Your AoE was Volley. There was no resource management and there were no spec specific procs.
    Your rotation was different depending on the bosses/mobs health , 100%-80% was one rotation, 80%-25% was another then you had the execute range around 25%. This was MM and not the other specs, survival was pretty basic and so was BM.

Also Hunters will never be in a bad spot compared to BC, which they were really meh in dmg tell sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    survival is now vastly different to MM and very unique.

and MM just isn't hilariously overpowered with every ability on the move and almost every ability instant, you got nerfed? no MM didn't get nerfed it got balanced, it's ranged not a 40 yard melee class like it's been in HFC.
    The performance of any spec or class in the prepatch is irrelavent. BM is beating MM on the meters, and overall consensus, for people who are actually in the Beta. Not everyone sees that because they are bombarded with rant posts from people who don't actually know where the class stands for the expansion.

I encourgage anyone who wants to get some valid information about Hunters in Legion, I strongly suggest you checkout sites like Eyes of the Beast and avoid and/or ignore the very vocal, but uninformed, crowd that is acting like the sky is falling. Sure MM is putting up stupid high numbers in the prepatch, but that's because its basically a pure AoE spec with one single target focus dump.

Add to that the shortened fight times from the HFC nerf, and a bursty and nearly all AoE class is going to put up high numbers. Seriously, go look at some Warcraft Logs, there are boss pulls, even on Mythic, lasting less than 20 seconds. As MM is all burst, it's going to benefit from that immensely.

MM will also run into problems in any encounter where targets are stacked, but certain targets need to not be DPS'd to avoid things like pushing phases. A fight like Iron Maidens would be a great example of that, where you had to get 3 stacked targets each down to a certain HP level without pushing any of the targets past that level before all 3 were at that same point.

Right now I pretty much refuse to play MM/BM, it's stupidly boring. Not only is the damage rotation itself boring, but there are no traps or "fun" spells. Survival is pretty fun though, and I can do some good damage with it and at least it has some fun abilities I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    What exactly was hard about Wrath MM? Only thing I remember is just casting Chimera, then Aimed (or Multi if 3 targets were alive), fill the rest with Steady Shots. You macroed Kill Command and Silencing Shot to other shots. Your cooldown Rapid Fire changed nothing. If you had to move a bit you used Arcane Shot. Your AoE was Volley. There was no resource management and there were no spec specific procs.
    You know, "not simple" doesn't automatically translate to "hard". Honestly, most classes/specs have rotations/priorities that can be called "easy". People are talking relatively: Wrath MM had a more complex rotation than other iterations of MM. That doesn't mean it was a complex rotation (it wasn't), it was just more involved than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    I'm gonna agree with this person. I see BM as a Beginner spec, lets you pay more attention to whats going on, MM is fine, just needs a change of mindset, & I actually really like SV.

We're Hunters. We adapt. It's gonna be this way for, what, 2 years. Don't like it? Try something else.
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again here (hell, you guys are no stranger to regurgitating old arguments either):

How much self-loathing to you have to have as a consumer to waive of all negative change to the product with "oh, I can adapt to this". Sure you can. That doesn't mean the changes aren't shitty and harmful to the product and should never have been made in the first place.

Hunters are ranged. They're in the same category as mage, warlock, priest, etc. This means that they will be balanced in the same way. Ranged has been stronger than melee for a long time now. In MoP they started giving ranged as much mobility as the melee, removing the last edge melee had over ranged. This continued in WoD with hunters, for instance, being almost entirely mobile. They were ranged melee, which is one of the main reasons they were so incredibly popular. In Legion Blizzard is clearly trying to put ranged and melee in line. They have therefore significantly scaled down on mobility for the ranged classes. Most of them have almost 0 left. Hunters have a fair amount and fire mages are almost 100% mobile. Fire mages also do top damage, have a lot of synnergy, and plays like a melee. There's a reason why fire mages will be the nr 1 DPS spec on launch. It plays like a melee ranged with all the benefits. But for all other ranged classes? No more free dinners. No more playing melee at range. Blizzard won't do anything about this as it's part of the design plan. How fire mages slipped through the cracks I have no idea but there's going to be a ton of them.

And that's the nr 1 complaint I see. No more mobility. Really it's only 1 ability for MM that makes you have to stop. But still, it's an important one. So I get it. All I'm saying is there's a reason for this change and it won't be reverted.