Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think Legion being free, or at least severely discounted for anyone who bought WoD would be reasonable. Having paid 50$ for what amounted to barely half of an expansion just feels shitty.
    I don't think you understand economics or business. If they sold WoD for half-price, or gave Legion for free, they would bankrupt themselves. The sub fee wouldn't be enough to break even the cost of development, because the sub fee goes to other things live server upkeep and maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I wont buy Legion, and i will not subscribe.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?
    sooooo...you don't want to pay for legion......or subscribe anymore......yet you want to play the game for free? even though you disagree with their 'shitty choices'?

wot

My 2nd account has been unsubbed since July 21 of last year, I kind of thought you automatically got a free week after a year but evidently not. I really just want to get the mog appearances off of it, only need a day for that but I can't just pay for a day so...
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    My 2nd account has been unsubbed since July 21 of last year, I kind of thought you automatically got a free week after a year but evidently not. I really just want to get the mog appearances off of it, only need a day for that but I can't just pay for a day so...
    Open a ticket and inquire about it, sometimes they give out a few days when asked. Had a friend that was going to decide between activating an old account or using a RAF. The old account had been inactive over a year and they gave him a few days on the old account to help him decide.

They do give free play time to accounts that havent played in a long time whenever a new patch comes out

just stop, this isnt about fanboys or haters anymore
    their business model is on its last leg

how much money have we pilled into this game over the years?
    Im not giving them one more fucking dime

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    just stop, this isnt about fanboys or haters anymore
    their business model is on its last leg

how much money have we pilled into this game over the years?
    Im not giving them one more fucking dime
    Last leg? Rofl okay. I'm sure Blizz is doomed if you never come back.

You DO realize that the subs might be down but they are making more money than indicated because of the amount of tokens that they sell right? Each game time token someone buys for gold means they pocketed an extra 5 bucks from a player who paid 20 dollars for it as opposed to game time from Blizz for 15 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Last leg? Rofl okay. I'm sure Blizz is doomed if you never come back.

You DO realize that the subs might be down but they are making more money than indicated because of the amount of tokens that they sell right? Each game time token someone buys for gold means they pocketed an extra 5 bucks from a player who paid 20 dollars for it as opposed to game time from Blizz for 15 bucks.
    you do realize this entire market is dead right?
    its not an opinion...its dead. wow is a subscription based holdout but its days are numbered
    it will limp on forever, but its still a dead business model

they're under 5 million now, thats all we know.
    they went dark on sub numbers because they knew what was happening.

its not an opinion...its dead. wow is a subscription based holdout but its days are numbered

LOL okay Doom and Gloom guy. I can tell you what won't be under 5 mil subs. Legion's Launch. Blizzard is making plenty of money from all sorts of things they can keep WoW going for many a year. I don't give a damn if you play it or not, with that attitude I hope you stay gone from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying out the Legion pre patch and trust me there's nothing to be excited about. At least in my opinion. After 3 months the subs will drop and eventually Blizzard will be forced to remove subscriptions all together. I'm trying it now to see the Ret Paladin changes and haha no. I have less abilities and just hit buttons to do damage. What little Utility I had is gone. Very boring rotation. If the spec I want to play is bad then the expansion will be bad. Not for $50 and especially not for $15 per month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    really. is this your answer? 7 days every 2 1/2 years, a gift for 10+ years customers which is just the smallest of fractions you could get, a free mop upgrade while everyone is playing wod already anyways and stuff you have to beg for via ticket. i like how you came to the conclusion that i haven't played for long though. nice try.
    You didn't read right, or I didn't word it right. The free MoP upgrade was IN MoP.

As well, they are a company, they don't have to present you anything but the product. Yet they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, this business model seem to hold longer than the others, so not sure about it being dead.
    The market isn't dead either, there's just WAY too many versions of MMORPG's.

We don't know where their sub numbers are at.
    They didn't even have to tell you the sub numbers, though. That was a service.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'm trying out the Legion pre patch and trust me there's nothing to be excited about. At least in my opinion. After 3 months the subs will drop and eventually Blizzard will be forced to remove subscriptions all together. I'm trying it now to see the Ret Paladin changes and haha no. I have less abilities and just hit buttons to do damage. What little Utility I had is gone. Very boring rotation. If the spec I want to play is bad then the expansion will be bad. Not for $50 and especially not for $15 per month.
    I love the doom and gloom "3 months and game is dead" shit. That stuff cracks me up. I love your final assessment though. Ret Pally = Bad thus Legion = Bad.

Yes some of the specs have some fairly boring reworks (ret pally, balance druid) but some of the specs they did quite well (Ele shammy). It does not matter if you love it or hate it, I've already noticed quite the uptick in players returning to the game as have many others. I think there will be plenty for people to do to keep them busy for longer than 3 months.

Deleted
    Why? In a week you can't possibly experience everything there is about an expansion and saving €3.2 over your monthly subscription is nothing anyone should be excited about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the doom and gloom "3 months and game is dead" shit. That stuff cracks me up.
    Mostly because once people get through the initial leveling and LFR content, they will quit the game. Unless in 3 months there's going to be a sizable content patch?
    Yes some of the specs have some fairly boring reworks (ret pally, balance druid) but some of the specs they did quite well (Ele shammy).
    Lots of people play this game for only 1 spec. If that spec isn't fun or it's broken, then they'll leave once they experience the content.
    It does not matter if you love it or hate it, I've already noticed quite the uptick in players returning to the game as have many others.
    That's normal with the release of a new expansion. Much more so because classes had massive changes, so like me they're trying to get a feel of these changes.
    I think there will be plenty for people to do to keep them busy for longer than 3 months.
    The Broken Isles seem really small compared to other expansions. Sure there's probably going to be useless quests like upgrade your legendary weapon but come back next week "hero" cause our quest designs are awesome. Throw in random loot drop chance for extra pissing off. Just enough to take 3 months to max upgrade the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think Legion being free, or at least severely discounted for anyone who bought WoD would be reasonable. Having paid 50$ for what amounted to barely half of an expansion just feels shitty.
    Agreed. There's no way in hell they didn't roll the cost of the "Free" boost into the price, because WoD was hands down the expansion with the least amount of content. Even if the price had been $40, it would have still felt like a rip off.

Legion bought and activated no less than a month after the launch of WoD deserves a discounted ticket price on Legion or in the least another free character boost beyond the 90 WoD had and the 100 that Legion comes with.

That aside, I don't think a "Try it before you buy it" is a bad thing, hell they're doing it with all the classes now. They're offering trials on characters before you boost them, I don't see how a trial on Legion is any different. Hell, even half of the introductory quest line should be enough to tell if you're going to enjoy it or not.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am with the opinion that having the ability to play until lvl 20 for free is already enough of a "demo" to lure new players into coming to the game, no need for 1 week

10+ Year Old Account
    lol who are you honey? if yuo can't "invest" then bye
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

do you have to have an active account to try out on the PTR if that is still up?

You should try buying game time with gold. No need to invest.

I did and I stand by what I am saying. I've used many codes to do transfers and when I use them they show up as the same 0.00 cost. That does not mean you got free character transfers from GMs. Your screenshot proves nothing.
    They do indeed give away free services as a gesture of being grateful to their players. I put in a ticket once about an item being ninjaed from me. I was told they could not give me the item, but they would give me any service they offered, such as realm transfer, faction change, race change, store mount, store pet etc. I ended up taking a free store pet.