Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I don't understand how people play a team based game by playing whatever they want and doing whatever they want and have fun. You do realize you're pissing off 5 other people right?
    Because doing what they want is doing what they want, nor what you want. That in its very essence is fun. Right now QP is the only place you can actually use a whole bunch of the heroes, particularly snipers, because they're just not viable for comp. The kinds of people I might be actually pissing off in QP by doing so aren't the kind of people I mind pissing off, frankly. I doubt if I am pissing off 5 people anyway, most people can handle the occasional loss.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-07-25 at 03:06 AM.

Because here is the reality: you don't know shit about that person behind the keyboard.

Maybe that person switches 90% of the time and gets tired of getting pigeonholed into the same old roles every time and decides they want to play what they want.

Maybe that person had a shit day and wants to enjoy a drink and a game and doesn't care if they win or lose and just wants to have fun. And to be honest, I don't blame them.

Maybe that person wanted to practice a certain hero to play in ranked.

Maybe that person paid $50 for a game and does't give a shit what you think about which hero they play.

Seriously, you folks need to get over yourselves. It's a game. People play it for fun. Everyone's definition of fun is different. I'm not paying $50 so YOU can have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    I'm not paying $50 so YOU can have fun.
    My sentiment exactly. If I wanna play Ana on a map where Lucio would be a better choice, I will. I bought the damn thing and I'm gonna play what I want. The crybabies can enjoy their chat squelsh.

If this was a complaint about people 'trollpicking' in ranked then I'd be on board. But quickplay? Man you guys gotta get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    A team game merely means you're playing in a group, not that you're obligated to compromise your preferred play style.
    Sorry, but yours is a shitty way to look at things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped caring when people started blaming the support for losses, deaths and not enough resurrects. It is like being in an MMO. I honestly give no fucks anymore, I'll play what I want when I want.

So ya I'll switch to another class if I'm support and left playing cat and mouse with Genji and Tracer with no help.

Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    I mean you can cry about this as much as you want, the big majority of players that play competitive use quick play as their training ground for heroes they are not good at. That is just it by definition now. If you want to play seriously you play competitive if you want to just play around you go quick play. Even blizzard commented something like this in one of the dev interviews iirc.

I don't even get what this whole thread is about really. this seems to be obvious to pretty much 90% of the people in the thread and then there are the 10% that go QQ because people don't do what they want in quickplay. This is like crying on a zombie deathmatch rpg modded Counterstrike server that people are not playing seriously
    You don't get what its about? Its a shitty attitude to have. The OP doesn't like having poor teammates who seemingly don't give a shit.

Your comparisons are way way way way way far off.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people refuse to switch, I troll mei them for the entirety of the game(s) until the assholes leave.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The OP doesn't like having poor teammates who seemingly don't give a shit.
    Too bad. His attitude is 'Play what I want or I'm going to be a crybaby about it'

It's not like I willingly joined a team he's coaching. He just happened to be put in the same game with me. If he wants me to play Lucio when I want to play Roadhog, he can kindly go fuck himself. I'll play whatever I want, as long as it's not an extremely retarded comp.

He has no right to tell me what to do and it's this controlling tryhard 'win or die' crybaby attitude that turns communities so bitter. Look at LoL - someone on your team gives first blood and you play crybaby roulette. Will you get an afk? A troll? A feeder? A flamer? Who knows? Spin the wheel!

10+ Year Old Account
    I get especially triggered when i have more than one hanzo on my team. Like I get so close to just leaving. It's that bad. I don't get everyone's obsession with this hero.

eh, I'm the worst widowmaker ever, but she's all I play in casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You don't get what its about? Its a shitty attitude to have. The OP doesn't like having poor teammates who seemingly don't give a shit.

Your comparisons are way way way way way far off.
    if the OP doesn't like having "poor teammates who don't give a shit" then the OP is free to play competitive mode instead but unfortunately he will find plenty of "poor teammates" there too... xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    If people refuse to switch, I troll mei them for the entirety of the game(s) until the assholes leave.
    So because their switching causes you to lose in your opinion, you think you make it better by guaranteeing a loss by completely throwing the game away with your own actions? Are you bit slow on the intake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    So because their switching causes you to lose in your opinion, you think you make it better by guaranteeing a loss by completely throwing the game away with your own actions? Are you bit slow on the intake?
    When 2+ people play bastion on Hanamura offense, it's an automatic win? Go back into your kiddie pool, you're trying to go with someone who you are clearly not close enough to compete with.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Go back into your kiddie pool
    Because trolling before the game has even got into full-swing is totally the mature and non-childlike thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    if the OP doesn't like having "poor teammates who don't give a shit" then the OP is free to play competitive mode instead but unfortunately he will find plenty of "poor teammates" there too... xD
    competitive mode is in some cases worse because people understand that picking hero A, B or C doesn't work and will generally be ineffective but they convinced themselves to play that character and they usually waste time for at least 2 mins.

''Dude this character won't work here on attack''
    Dude: No it's good I'm really good with this
    2 mins later
    Dude switched from Widowmaker to Soldier

That's 2 mins of having playing with a handicap on a ranked match, much much worse then playing unranked and doing shit.
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-08-03 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Because trolling before the game has even got into full-swing is totally the mature and non-childlike thing to do
    Did you even read anything or did you just decide to take a crap and post that as your reply?

Deleted
    Did you even read anything or did you just decide to take a crap and post that as your reply?
    Can't respond, huh? Well that's okay, I'll just wait until you come up with a good excuse for your behaviour.

Oh and by the way, I understood your argument, but that doesn't make it any less shit. You guarantee a loss because you think you're going to lose anyway. Most people would just leave and look for another game, but you strive to be extra trash.

Nothing wrong with trolling troll picks. If that's how you wanna play, lets play.

Deleted
    I personally dislike people who play the game just for giggles not caring at all if they win in quickmatch and making it their mission to loose.

I don't mind fucking around, just make sure everybody in your team agrees to it so you don't fuck somebodies game up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    As stated in the title, this is the sentence I hate the most when playing unranked because my friends are not online for ranked games.

How is it possible to have fun in a competitive game where you get raped in a game?
    I mean, I don't have problems with losing. As long as the game was really nice. But if you get completely wrecked by the other team because of your bad setup, how can you enjoy a game?

Typical scenario: Low level Genji getting counterpicked, does no damage at all and dies the whole time pretty fast. Not even trying to counterpick the enemy though. How are you able to enjoy this game when you get nothing done?
    Not only for your own mentality, but you also destroy the game experience of others in this game.
    He is trying to get better at a character he is bad with, he is already punished by him being counterpicked, so he should drop his attempt at getting better before playing competitive at all? No, unranked is exactly for that - it's to practice and to have fun. I'll spam D'Va in unranked like a madman if i'll every get back to them, regardless of our team comp and regardless of enemy team coump. It's the character i have the most fun with and i'll be bashing my head against the wall even when all 6 enemy players somehow "counter" me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.