Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Demon Hunters ... for real ?! -.-

I really don't want to be the fiom caller here or the dick to point it our, but there is something bugging me.

DH can wield every one-handed weapon, even daggers but they got exklusive warglaives for themselfes ... whats the point? Flavor? Rogue discrimination?

Edit: okay everything beside one-handed maces

I was waiting since start of WotLK for a new glaive to wield, and now DH get everything and even that? My question is just: Why?

Sry if this is a whine thread but as I said it bugs me a lot (and no I dont want to play a DH, at least not as my main)

7+ Year Old Account
    ... There is like a billion of these threads O.o They made a new weapen type and they wanted it to be used, so DH got both artifact weapens as glaives. Just deal with it and next expansion, there will be more weapen choice.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

There is a little something called lore. Warglaives are traditionally demon hunter weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    There is a little something called lore. Warglaives are traditionally demon hunter weapons.
    So we should take the warglaives of azzinoth away from Warriors, Rogues, Death Knights, and Monks?

The real complaint here is that time went into these weapons that we might want to use but are limited to using on only one class. So being demon hunters are almost instantly going to be using the artifact weapons and short of T-Mog the development time feels wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    So we should take the warglaives of azzinoth away from Warriors, Rogues, Death Knights, and Monks?

The real complaint here is that time went into these weapons that we might want to use but are limited to using on only one class. So being demon hunters are almost instantly going to be using the artifact weapons and short of T-Mog the development time feels wasted.
    Most of the artifact skins will be "wasted" too. But as long as there is enough things to do, as long as they don't cut a raid tier because they stretched their resources too thin, why would be angry about the toys of other players?

p.s.
    But even i don't understand why the warglaives for DH had to be exclusive either.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Well there were three options:

First: they make warglaives in general 1 handed swords ultimately glaives in wow arnt even real glaives anyway so realism isnt considered here.
    Second: they make warglaives their own type of weapon and allow anyone who can use 1 handed swords able to use warglaives that way everyone is still included.
    Third: make warglaives their own weapon type preventing other classes to use them to add a certain exclusiveness to them.

Really just depends on how much you pride your own opinion instead of blinding claiming blizzard is always right in their decisions.

They want an incentive for people to play the new class since it's the main selling point of the expansion. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Deleted
    In legion that might be okay, but not in Future expansions. Artifact weapons aside its stupid (in my opindion) whats the lore/flavor behind a DH with daggers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    In legion that might be okay, but not in Future expansions. Artifact weapons aside its stupid (in my opindion) whats the lore/flavor behind a DH with daggers?
    I suggest u go read the illidan novel before making uneducated assumptions, the main character in the book uses daggers, while other dh use a plethora of other weapons

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably won't be using them anyway. You have to consider weapon speed, and the transmog limitations.

He stabs demons with the daggers?
    You would in fact need a very very strong lore to restrict any kind of combatant to a single kind of weapon.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Yeah, they can use daggers. Doesn't mean they will be viable though. And probably won't be.

Deleted
    Is this a return to the old "hunter" weapon claims? If so that will be hilarious.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know Lore?.. DH where not always DH maybe a DH was a rogue before? its not like they got born with eyes taken out by newborns themselfe and decide with an age of 20 minutes to be a DH

I... don't get the problem? Different classes have access to different weapons. Warriors can equip literally any weapon in the game other than wands (and now glaives, I guess) so what's the issue?

I don't get why they can use daggers.

Then again, why would anyone want to use daggers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    What about warriors and staffs? I don't see many warriors in HFC swinging a staff around but they can use them.

Willing to bet my dad's fake teeth next expansion warriors and rogues are both going to be able to wield glaives. Maybe even DK's and monks, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Willing to bet my dad's fake teeth next expansion warriors and rogues are both going to be able to wield glaives. Maybe even DK's and monks, who knows?
    i could definitely see monks with glaives, the rest though im not too sure. rogues wouldnt want an arm length fist weapon, that doesnt fit their M-O. Warriors bash theyre weapons and use their full force to do damage, glaives to me are an eloquent sweeping weapon. Dk's same as warriors. BUT THOSE MONKS....
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i could definitely see monks with glaives, the rest though im not too sure. rogues wouldnt want an arm length fist weapon, that doesnt fit their M-O. Warriors bash theyre weapons and use their full force to do damage, glaives to me are an eloquent sweeping weapon. Dk's same as warriors. BUT THOSE MONKS....
    They justified rogues using axes as them being the types who would pick up any weapon and use it. So yes, rogues would be more likely to wield them than monks even.