Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Best dps specs for mythic+?

Which DPS classes are performing well in Mythic+ dungeons in Beta so far? I plan to be pretty competetive in this, as I usually boost challenge modes. I do however really like the concept of challenging 5 man content, so this really appeals to me. I'm currently maining a rogue, but I suspect they won't accelerate that much in mythic+ since assas aoe sucks, and outlaws single target sucks. They don't have a good middle ground. So what's your suggestions?

switch specs as needed. Its free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Not really the point of the thread...

What about artifact?

It is entirely the point of the thread. OP wants to know whats good. He described two good specs which happen to be the class he is using. respecs are free. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What about artifact?
    He can level 2 artifacts. Not a problem. He wont be "maxed" for about 2 weeks after someone who concentrates on one one artifact but then he will have a maxed artifact and an artifact with all the good stuff. Or are you saying the OP isn't good enough and he needs to be carried by a piece of gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

He can level 2 artifacts. Not a problem. He wont be "maxed" for about 2 weeks after someone who concentrates on one one artifact but then he will have a maxed artifact and an artifact with all the good stuff. Or are you saying the OP isn't good enough and he needs to be carried by a piece of gear.
    This makes zero sense as mythic+ scales up endlessly so no matter how good you are, with a better artifact you can go always higher up.

Your estimation of missing two weeks in MS artifact progress through maintaining the OS level at the same level is not correct. The last traits cost millions of AP and even with the speedups there will need to be a choice between going (almost all) out on one spec or splitting AP between two specs, thus hurting the MS.

Having 1 spec specialize in aoe and 1 spec specialize in singletarget is ideal, really (using your rogue example). When you have stuff like tyrannical bosses you ram on the ST, when you have avenging/teeming trash you can aoe (presuming the tank can handle them)

@Summer you can keep an alt spec maybe 3-4 traits behind and it will not really hurt your mains AP at all. Outside of breakpoints this gap is very minor to overall performance and will not deny timers really. Your main issue is covering 6-9-12 relic slots constantly.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-08-01 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    if your talking about absolute best speccs in both aoe and singletarget, people wont bring a rogue currently, unholy/fire/BM/enhance are just too good at both aoe and single target atm, if someone brings a rogue it'll be solely for singletarget since outlaw aoe is still worse than alot of other dps speccs

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as "best". Numbers are in flux and any dps spec will be perfectly viable for Mythic+. As to which specs will end up being declared "too op" because they manage leaderboards, it's too early to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Not really how it goes in practice though.

Won't take long before the community declares that only 5 specific classes and specs are viable for mythic+ and refuse to invite anyone else.
    Then you're playing with the wrong people if you're with people that base their decisions on the Top50 of leaderboards that has nothing to do with their level at all.
    Will some specs have advantages for certain situations? Very likely. All will be viable however, and the rest is up to you as a player to perform.
    Basing decisions on what one possibly fears the community will start rumours or uninformed opinions about is a bad way to go.

"I better play DK because people on Twitch are praising it in Beta" is a horrible way to make your decision, for example.

It is entirely the point of the thread. OP wants to know whats good. He described two good specs which happen to be the class he is using. respecs are free. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

The game is about gear though. You won't max your artifact in two weeks unless playing WoW is all you ever do, all day long.

From my experience the only safe card right now is DK, all specs are viable and u will prolly want 1 in the grp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Then you're playing with the wrong people if you're with people that base their decisions on the Top50 of leaderboards that has nothing to do with their level at all.
    Will some specs have advantages for certain situations? Very likely. All will be viable however, and the rest is up to you as a player to perform.
    Basing decisions on what one possibly fears the community will start rumours or uninformed opinions about is a bad way to go.

"I better play DK because people on Twitch are praising it in Beta" is a horrible way to make your decision, for example.
    Yes, you are correct, however, after the initial burst of people wanting/needing mythics, it will, and I mean it 100% will, diverge into "Your not a rogue/mage/dk, we can't take you" situation. Which is how CM's worked out after the initial burst of people.

If you don't see this, you have never played wow with anyone outside of your bubble. I am not saying its correct, and necessary, just that it is what happens.
    Last edited by dyzz; 2016-08-01 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh that's the best way to play WoW. Inside a bubble of friends
    This is true haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Many affixes severely penalize trying to CC and burst AoE trash (as is currently done in CMs). Go Assassination
    What?

There is no affix that penalizes burst AoE. Some affixes even force AoE. Burst AoE and CC is probably more important in Mythic+ than CMs because of the affixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Yes, you are correct, however, after the initial burst of people wanting/needing mythics, it will, and I mean it 100% will, diverge into "Your not a rogue/mage/dk, we can't take you" situation. Which is how CM's worked out after the initial burst of people.

If you don't see this, you have never played wow with anyone outside of your bubble. I am not saying its correct, and necessary, just that it is what happens.
    I am perfectly aware of this. I am simply saying this is nothing one should ever base one's decision on.

Deleted
    We've done a lot of testing in this particular area and the composition we found to be most appealing to us was Blood DK / UH DK / Havoc DH / Fire mage / Resto Shaman. But you can easily slot things like a hunter in there, we felt pretty comfy running that instead of the DH. The only reason why we valued the UH DK higher was the combat res from someone else than the tank, should the tank get squished for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    We've done a lot of testing in this particular area and the composition we found to be most appealing to us was Blood DK / UH DK / Havoc DH / Fire mage / Resto Shaman. But you can easily slot things like a hunter in there, we felt pretty comfy running that instead of the DH. The only reason why we valued the UH DK higher was the combat res from someone else than the tank, should the tank get squished for some reason.
    Did you also test out WW? Seeing as they have high burst AoE as well as an AoE stun they seem to be quite strong for mythic+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    Did you also test out WW? Seeing as they have high burst AoE as well as an AoE stun they seem to be quite strong for mythic+
    The problem with that was the fact that appart from me having played BM quite a lot in the past no one had any experience with the class so we ruled it out on that basis. But you're absolutely right, on paper at least it looks solid enough to replace any of the others. I can't speak for class synergy though, as previously mentioned, it's unknown territory.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I am perfectly aware of this. I am simply saying this is nothing one should ever base one's decision on.
    If you tend to rely on pugs for content you most certainly should consider your specs perceived viability when deciding what to play. It shouldn't be the only factor, but it's certainly important. There's no point playing an enhancement and wanting to do mythic 5mans if they're dirt shit and it takes 40 minutes to get a group at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."