Poll: Which race is least appealing lorewise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's a contest between Gnomes and playable Pandaren. They're pretty much worthless lorewise in more or less the same way.

However, Pandaren as a race have at least Pandaria and all its lore and people, Gnomes lack even that.
    If that's your criteria then your HORDE BIAS is showing once again, because after Vol'jin's death (arguably, prior to it too) Darkspears fit the bill.

Deleted
    I was torn between Gnomes and Tauren but I had to go with Tauren. Sure they have Hamuul Runetotem and Sunwalker Dezco, but they are really the dullest race out there. The two most boring ones are gnome and tauren and "technocractic midgets that evolved from robots" beats "nomadic tribe of cow people" any day.

As for the top: I almost exclusively play Worgen and Pandaren. They are the best.

Deleted
    They need to expand on the idea for gnomes by

Build weapons of mass destruction, such as that gas that destroyed their civilization, use it on the Legion.
    Expand their mecha industry, we are talking gundams operated by gnomes.
    Expand their overall industry, explain the positive and negative effects of capitalism and mass production of weapons and armor
    Give the gnomes a lucrative contract issued by King Andiun to supply and manufacturing all armor and weapons for the alliance.
    Let Mimiron visit Gnomeregan and give instructions how to improve current designs, and give Mekkatorque the plans for the VOLTRON

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post

Build weapons of mass destruction, such as that gas that destroyed their civilization, use it on the Legion.
    Expand their overall industry, explain the positive and negative effects of capitalism and mass production of weapons and armor
    Give the gnomes a lucrative contract issued by King Andiun to supply and manufacturing all armor and weapons for the alliance.
    Let Mimiron visit Gnomeregan and give instructions how to improve current designs, and give Mekkatorque the plans for the VOLTRON
    Or just create a gnome character that does stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If that's your criteria then your HORDE BIAS is showing once again, because after Vol'jin's death (arguably, prior to it too) Darkspears fit the bill.
    Well, several Alliance players are still quite salty about doing quests for them during the whole 5.3. That alone raises them to the heavens compared to Gnomes, who I never met as Horde player, or Pandaren who honestly I never met as well...even the Horde ones.

Furthermore, my infallible and unquestionable judgement seems quite sustained by vox populi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well, several Alliance players are still quite salty about doing quests for them during the whole 5.3. That alone raises them to the heavens compared to Gnomes, who I never met as Horde player, or Pandaren who honestly I never met as well...even the Horde ones.
    Hmm, good point about the salt, did not think of-out-of game variables. So the most that popped into my mind when considering them in-game was almost getting wiped out by Garrosh begging the Loas for Thrall to swoop in and save them in his glorious moment of hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    So the most that popped into my mind when considering them in-game was almost getting wiped out by Garrosh begging the Loas for Thrall to swoop in and save them in his glorious moment of hypocrisy.
    And even then, seeing lv 8 Troll rogues owning lv 80 Kor'kron lolchosen troops was ridiculously fun.

Besides, Garrosh didn't try to wipe anything out back then, he merely imposed a martial law to keep them in check, exploiting the confusion caused by Vol'jin's disappearance. They decided to raise up against them only when Thrall came and did his mess.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

And even then, seeing lv 8 Troll rogues owning lv 80 Kor'kron lolchosen troops was ridiculously fun.

Besides, Garrosh didn't try to wipe anything out back then, he merely imposed a martial law to keep them in check, exploiting the confusion caused by Vol'jin's disappearance. They decided to raise up against them only when Thrall came and did his mess.
    I think you could see some Trolls in cages ready to be roasted around Razor Hill and gates of Orgrimmar even before that. Not 100% sure though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you could see some Trolls in cages ready to be roasted around Razor Hill and gates of Orgrimmar even before that. Not 100% sure though.
    I was talking about the 5.1 events, I imagined you referred to that when you mentioned Thrall's "glorious moment of hypocrisy". Garrosh started to actively persecute trolls in the 5.3, acting like a rabid dog after learning that Vol'jin was still quite alive.

I was talking about the 5.1 events, I imagined you referred to that when you mentioned Thrall's "glorious moment of hypocrisy". Garrosh started to actively persecute trolls in the 5.3, acting like a rabid dog after learning that Vol'jin was still quite alive.
    Oh, right, my bad. Conflated Thrall's bullshit rescue from 5.1 with the Kor'kron later attack on Sen'jin in 5.3. Well, that's how memorable Darkspears are and how distinct their events are, I guess :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, right, my bad. Conflated Thrall's bullshit rescue from 5.1 with the Kor'kron later attack on Sen'jin in 5.3. Well, that's how memorable Darkspears are and how distinct their events are, I guess :3
    Cut off these excuses, you clearly slacked to attend the Go'ellish weekly sermon and now you can't even distinguish his herculean feats.

Cut off these excuses, you clearly slacked to attend the Go'ellish weekly sermon and now you can't even distinguish his herculean feats.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen. They're just werewolves, that's lame.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post

Sooo... you basically want them to be goblins?

While I feel the pandaren don't fit well with the rest of Warcraft, they're still fleshed out by a whole continent's worth of good lore. Gnomes are a stable race of the Warcraft mythos and the technological mind of the Alliance, but they're so.. ridiculous. So giddy and heehee all the time, like a race of Santa's helpers. Playing one destroys my immersion far more effectively than a pandaren could. Seeing gnomes in a battlefield gives the image of a human toddler pretend-playing a warrior. I can accept them as comic reliefs and background characters, but never as important lore characters. It's good that many of the Alliance's warmachines are piloted by dwarves instead.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    wow... people hate gnomes... i voted on them as a joke... i dident think it would be this bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wow... people hate gnomes... i voted on them as a joke... i dident think it would be this bad...
    The question isn't "Which race do you hate the most?" because I'm sure the answers would be much different (mostly humans, pandas and elves winning).

Its all about lore, of which gnomes get absolutely zilch of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The question isn't "Which race do you hate the most?" because I'm sure the answers would be much different (mostly humans, pandas and elves winning).

Its all about lore, of which gnomes get absolutely zilch of.
    You forgot orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    In lore terms they have literally nothing in comparison to every other race. They are by far the most neglected race in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    You forgot orcs.
    Just the WoD bandwagon effect. After Legion people will be begging for more Orcs!