Poll: Are you generally HAPPY with the direction of WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Right, Hand of Sacrifice and Hammer of Wrath were totally useless...as were apparently all the talents in the movement tier for Ret.
    Some was useful but lots wasn't. I didn't say all was useless I said most.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    The game is a mess in pretty much every aspect at the moment, I've seen nothing in Legion that has convinced me the game will turn around.

For Me:
    Vanilla: 10/10
    TBC: 9/10
    WOTLK: 9/10
    Cata: 7/10
    MOP: 7/10
    WoD: 4.5/10
    For me it goes:

TBC: 10/10
    WoD: 8/10
    WoTLK: 7/10
    Mop: 1/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Some was useful but lots wasn't. I didn't say all was useless I said most.
    Yeah, and you're simply wrong about that. Most were useful, few useless abilities were pruned with Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yup same old game really. Loved it for 12 years. Bad expansions don't change this for me. I wanted to see more focus on five man content for years and we finally get it so full speed ahead to legion!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

MoP was far from the worst in wows days, wod showed that, mop had a great patch cycle and the balancing was actually really well done, i was also a fan of the lore during mop, way more so than wod, i actually stayed subd for all of mop, and only subd to wod for 3 months~

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Meh 50/50

Not looking forward to insane catchup mechanics and then the mysterious content drought boogey man that somehow nobody can see the connection. WoD was so bad for me, literally catchup gear 24/7 and zerg everything, even HFC within 3 months.
    Catchup gear 24/7, zerg everything even HFC within 3 months. If you played this game 2-5 hrs a day, for 3 months, for 15 bucks a month, and then compare it to everything else available in the world for that price, you got a crazy deal. To say it was so bad for you is a pretty funny statement. That means you realized it wasn't good for you, let's say a month or two in, about 160-300 hrs of gameplay, then decided to finish it off for 320-600 hrs of gameplay for 45 bucks, and then say it was a bad experience.

People usually adapt faster to realizing bad decisions.

I paid 60 bucks for Mass effect 3, for 26 hrs of gameplay, maybe 30-33 with DLC. I'd say if I used your rating scale, this would have been the most atrocious time and investment in the universe for me.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-08-01 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, and you're simply wrong about that. Most were useful, few useless abilities were pruned with Legion.
    Umm ok.

So you would be happy if paladins kept the same rotation from Vanilla to Legion? Ever heard of changing the playstyle so shit isn't stale.

As a ret I enjoy the current rotation even tho I wish Holy Power would go away. Different strokes for different fokes I guess, but no alot of the ability's was useless.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I quit a lil before mop, killed normal DW, and came back 3 months before Legion. Came back because of Legion. And it seems it will be awsome. Just dont like the focus they are giving to our toons, like beeing the Leader of KoTSH, Deathlord and other. But it is ok.

I can't say I am. There are certain aspects that have improved a lot for the better, like updated mechanics in quests and dungeon/raid encounters. But the game feels to instanced, where at this point you don't have the feeling that your part of a huge world. I don't expect Blizzard to go back to the open world RPG style of the game that I loved back in vanilla, TBC and WotLK unless they either make legacy servers or a whole new game. The game todays is way to heavily focussed towards raiding and other end-game features, while the journey to max level is close to non-existant.

Quote Originally Posted by grondik View Post
    3 reasons.

Farahlon is a garrison mission for the followers.
    Dance studio is a garrison mission for the followers.
    Path of the Titans is a garrison mission for the followers.
    That doesn't even.make my top 20 list of WoD short comings. Legion will look better then it might have just because it followed WoD so the bar is as low as it has been.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi, some directions could've been handled better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I said yes but after long thinking. My gut was telling me "meh" ..but finally I just said yes when I consider the whole game from classic thru today...for my experience the fun over the years outweighs the bad points of the game.

I'm not happy with some specific changes, but in general I am happy with the general direction. I think the game at large is improving. I'm especially impressed with how good balance is these days (not counting pre-patch time and PvP), you can literally play any spec you want.
    I can usually deal with the things I'm not happy about when the positive things are offsetting the negative things.

Yes. WoD could have been great, but it just wasn't maintained as well as it could have been. I'm really curious what actually happened with the production of WoD. If someone told me that a developer accidentally deleted ALL of it and they had to piece together things from scratch...I'd believe it. It seemed like the amount of things cut was far greater than any xpac so far.

I've generally been happy with WoW and I've been playing on and off since closed beta classic. Things change, and after all my time played, that's a good thing. Extremely excited for Legion
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Not happy.

-Fill a bar quests have returned, yuk
    -old nelf and belf models were removed from the game
    -rng in professions for epic items sucks imo
    -the music I've heard so far does not amaze me that much, some of it is even only rearrangement of old themes
    -the same flying bs
    -interface options dumbing down
    -removal of buffs such as shaman shields
    -stunts like alteration of max camera distance for no real reason whatsoever imo
    -forcing new animations on old models

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People hating MoP still after WoD, just makes me sigh

Anyways, my answer to the thread is Yes, and also No. Yes is to the World, Dungeon and Raid Content. I think it all looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing Mythic+and think that it could be great fun and engaging content.

On the hand, I'm concerned about how simple and limited some specs and classes are in Legion in terms of what they can and cannot do. I don't agree with the design of talents for this Expansion where you have to choose between Single Target and AoE, especially with the Tome cost from a profession meaning you cannot easily change talents compared to WoD and let's face it, most people will just pick them and forget. I preferred the Ability changing ones from WoD, such as Warrior Charges, Paladin Movement, DK CC for example.
    Also, I'm concerned about how much RNG is now in the game. The reliance on RNG for Sockets, Titanforged (720 LFR HFC gear, seriously?) and tertiary stats. Also with Class abilities such as Roll the Bones deciding on how well a Spec performs. This will also be the case for PVP Gear (RNG Box).

So yes, mixed. Happy with the World and Environment. Concerned about how we interact with it, what it gives and the RNG that goes along with it. Pretty much Character Progression I guess.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    For me it goes:

TBC: 10/10
    WoTLK: 7/10
    Mop: 1/10
    WoD: 8/10
    Same WotLK was more like a 9, as the LK was a most-kill moment.
    *high five*

Deleted
    No i cannot stand the way blizzard is taking the game and the rediculously over the top complete change of the way the game plays, classes feel almost unrecocnisable, the combat is over the top animations with silly flashy numbers, and there is no way to restore my original character model, my character looks like some fucking disney character bouncing about as it runs with an annoying look on its face i just cant bring myself to play anymore. i couldnt stand pandas and now every fucking race runs like one, fuck off blizzard and yopur disgusting decisions, this game is going to die, fast after a few months of legion. cya wow was a good run you had

I loved Wrath, I loved Cata (except for DS, everything else was awesome}, I loved Mop and I hated WoD.

WoD had content from all other expansions, it was just extremely sub par and not worth doing at all, and it wasnt even fun. It had the most boring world bosses ive ever seen, 2 raid tiers tried to make the expac shorter and didnt, and it had the worst content patch if you can even call it that in WoWs history. Theres many other reasons to hate WoD, but those are my main ones.

Legion seems to be heading in the opposite direction, which is a really really good thing. 3 raid tiers, supposedly a big content patch with some sort of big dungeon and other content patches spread out throughout the expansion (if they live up to their word there}, world quests actually getting you out there and doing things, and its your choice what you do, world bosses that are actually fun and awesome, and some roam around the zone so they can kill you while leveling which is cool. Theres a lot of things that show they learned there lesson, but again, only time will tell.

No, I was happy with direction of development back in WotLK. Since Cata Blizzard have been going to wrong direction.To much catering to short term players to gain immediate profit, while killing the game in a long term.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.