Poll: Metal

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    The trouble with the word techno is that it means different things on different continents since there were several electronic music scenes that developed entirely independently at the same time around the world. They used similar-ish words, but didn't all use them in the same way.
    I think it's sorta American thing to call all electronic music techno, well, recently they came up with EDM term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    damn, that's like listening to the painfully drawn-out, unironic deathrattle of someone who hasn't yet realized their soul left their body long ago
    Didn't know you made your own music

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    To all the people saying that they outgrew it or something similar.... Do you even know how diverse the genre is? Metal didn't stop in '82 with "Number of the Beast" people, it evolved, ascended and even transcended. It's such a gigantic genre,- give it a go again, I'm fairly sure you'll find something you like, there's basically something for everyone. Especially if they search for it.

Which goes for most musical genres obviously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    hardstyle all the way!
    Zatox, DaTweekaz and Code Black is what blasts out of my speakers these months

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I think it's sorta American thing to call all electronic music techno, well, recently they came up with EDM term.
    My millennial cousin was like 'do you listen to EDM?' I was like wtf is edm... oh you mean house, garage, techno, dubstep, hardcore est.

It's like saying do you like 3 piece bands? Meaning anything with a drum-set and a couple of guitars...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    EDM is used to describe a genre in germany. Which is Funny, because i LOVE techno, but i hate EDM.

I can't stand metal or its subgenres, I prefer rap, hip-hop, and EDM.

Metall is like AIDS, for the ears.
    I've never seen what I consider a "normal" person listen to it.
    To my impression it's mainly angsty teenagers with boundry issues, said kids girlfriends trying and failing horribly to fit in, emo-kids (ugh) or overly tattoed, burly and balding 30+ men.
    Oh, and bikers, like those faggots on the noisy ass harley's etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont really like metal but i dont hate it.
    everyone i know who plays wow is a metal fan tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Metall is like AIDS, for the ears.
    I've never seen what I consider a "normal" person listen to it.
    To my impression it's mainly angsty teenagers with boundry issues, said kids girlfriends trying and failing horribly to fit in, emo-kids (ugh) or overly tattoed, burly and balding 30+ men.
    Oh, and bikers, like those faggots on the noisy ass harley's etc.
    This is kinda funny, coming from a guy living in Norway. Since, you know, black metal is the bigget cultural export of Norway.

Oh also, some neat assumptions you have there kiddo.

Lately, I've been listening to some shitty chillstep / trap mixes while playing WoW.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    I can't stand metal or its subgenres, I prefer rap, hip-hop, and EDM.
    Pretty sure you'd enjoy nu metal, rap metal of 90's industrial metal then.

Half the people at metal festivals are nerds and half the nerds play WoW so yea, I guess.

ever since i started playing wow i had metal music in the background and most of wow's sounds turned down, so when people say this zone or that zone has amazing music i haven't a clue what it is, same with any of the voice acting. i have my own soundtrack running in the background instead

Deleted
    I'm not a fan, I prefer my music to not sound like a toilet flushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little closer to grunge/late 80s rock like Alice in Chains, but yeah I kick it up sometimes.

Usually though, and I know this may sound strange to some, I do prefer simply listening to the games music. Nostalgic value and all that crap.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    This is kinda funny, coming from a guy living in Norway. Since, you know, black metal is the bigget cultural export of Norway.

Oh also, some neat assumptions you have there kiddo.
    Oh I know, it's sad, really.
    But it gets cold and dark up here, so I guess it's the right breeding ground for such people.

I listen to Babymetal, KPOP, and Rap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    My millennial cousin was like 'do you listen to EDM?' I was like wtf is edm... oh you mean house, garage, techno, dubstep, hardcore est.

It's like saying do you like 3 piece bands? Meaning anything with a drum-set and a couple of guitars...
    You're fun at parties aren't you. Just say yes, and move on with your life man.

I'll listen to mostly anything, but when I play WoW I listen to the WoW music.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager more people listen to dubstep/chillstep/electronic/EDM etc than metal who play wow.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."