Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why? Please explain how running after-school programs from satanists who worship a creature that promotes violence, theft, envy, anger, etc is comparable to letting local churches run after-school programs?
    I mean, I'll admit that maybe the church of God isn't perfect, but I doubt giving children the choice to worship Satan will fix those...
    Maybe the kids will learn who satanists really are and won't repeat your mistake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Please explain how running after-school programs from satanists who worship a creature that promotes violence, theft, envy, anger, etc is comparable to letting local churches run after-school programs?
    I mean, I'll admit that maybe the church of God isn't perfect, but I doubt giving children the choice to worship Satan will fix those...
    "that promotes violence, theft, envy, anger" Some would argue that there are Christians do this as well.

Also, the Satanic Temple they are talking about here is not what you think it is. It is not a Devil Worshiping Cult. It is something entirely different. Read up on it, and you might understand why so many here are not concerned.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If it was up to me, I'd keep all kinds of religion outside of the education system; That said, since they allow it, it's only fair these less common religions also have a go at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't people getting bored of making fun of Christians by now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Not one bit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Guess not.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster would be more popular with the school-age crowd, I would think.

All I can think of when I read this is
    http://m.imgur.com/gallery/8yuN1jT

10+ Year Old Account
    It would depend upon whether or not the Christians are perceived to be getting preferential treatment from the authorities in the region, so would depend on your location.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    While I appreciate what they claim they want to do I feel the video is counter productive. If they are serious about educating children about logical thinking then they wouldn't have made the silly b grade horror film video to announce it. I think they are just trying to cause a ruckus and have the religious people get up at arms and discontinue what they are doing rather than seriously educate kids.
    Indeed. I mean, it's one thing to say they want to promote evolution and science in areas where it is contradicted by religion and another to say they're satanists and want to make satanic after-school clubs... I mean seriously... it's obvious they're just doing it because they're bitter that christian churches get after school programs but not atheists or not for something they believe is more useful so instead of actively trying to change that, they make this idiotic satanic clubs to mock everyone.

Overall, very counter-productive in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hardly my fault they choose to worship a Mary Sue.

It's sorta funny to me how subversive these groups are- they basically troll local communities. That amuses me because if a community is going to allow Mormons or Lutherans to do whatever, than the cult of Satan has to have it's go too. Because ya'know, America.

I would prefer there was no religious allowance in any public school, park, legislation or any exemption from taxed for superstitious organizations. All of this should be disallowed where the public, public funding and public grouping are allowed.

Indeed. I mean, it's one thing to say they want to promote evolution and science in areas where it is contradicted by religion and another to say they're satanists and want to make satanic after-school clubs... I mean seriously... it's obvious they're just doing it because they're bitter that christian churches get after school programs but not atheists or not for something they believe is more useful so instead of actively trying to change that, they make this idiotic satanic clubs to mock everyone.
    What makes you think people haven't tried that?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so instead of actively trying to change that, they make this idiotic satanic clubs to mock everyone.
    Which is the only thing they can do to change things. If satanic church is idiotic that might mean that other churches are idiotic, after all satan was in the bible and with quite a smaller kill score than the public's favorite JHVH.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Because that's literally not what this after school program is. We have been droning on and on for 2 pages now about how it's just edgy atheism.
    Then why not just make atheist after-school programs. Call it... scientific theory cult. If you truly want a name and a cult-ringing. By claiming they are satanists, they are making others attribute things other than "scientific programs" to them from the start.

Then why not just make atheist after-school programs. Call it... scientific theory cult. If you truly want a name and a cult-ringing. By claiming they are satanists, they are making others attribute things other than "scientific programs" to them from the start.
    Because they're trying to show how hypocritical this "give a free pass because religion" thing is. They can't do that if they bring up a thing that is not religious, such as science or atheism. That's the whole point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because literally nothing you said here is true. It's just hateful propaganda towards the Satanic Temple, and that's about it.

http://thesatanictemple.com/faq/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They do not worship Satan though, they do not even believe he/she/or whatever pronoun the Lord of Flies prefers exists.
    Then why do they call themselves satanists?

I mean, if some said they're christian, I'd assume they believe in Jesus, one way or another (as in, as a God, a prophet or someone sent by God somehow). If said person then says they're actually atheists but just call themselves christian ... it would make no sense. I just made a comparison with this situation.

You can't be both satanist and atheist. You can't both claim you believe in something by adhering in name to an organization that worships that something and yet also claim you don't believe in shit. You can't be both a theist and an atheist. They're either satanists or they're not. If they're not satanists, they should not call themselves satanists. It not only makes no sense, but they're also attributing to themselves attributes relating to Satan even if they might not use them, which, again, makes no sense if do not want to be associated with said attributes.

This is just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Maybe the kids will learn who satanists really are and won't repeat your mistake?
    And which mistake is that?

Let the children come to me
    Their mother loves me, so shall they
    Woman bleeding, ate my gifts
    Man was close behind.....
    Honestly with this shit people are just going to get introduced to that "Adversarial" Satanism that basically every Heavy Metal kid from the 90s already read all the literature on, bought all the shirts and eventually got bored with and moved on. Kids going to pick up The Satanic Bible, Might is Right and all of Crowley's books and be entranced for a month then get over it quick. Fucking Hollywood Satanists and their 3 tricks can't help but be flashes in the pan.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Satan is against god and everyone who worships god. He's the most anti-theistic imaginary figure imaginary god ever created by the sheer power of someone's imagination.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well Satanism actively promotes the worship of Satan so I'd think that would be worse than the Islam which is at least an Abrahamic religion.
    Satan (under that name or another one) is present in all those religions. Acting as the main antagonist to whomever is the main protagonist (Jesus, Mohammed, GOD or whomever). Considering that all three Abrahamic religions more or less hate each other throughout history and consider whichever the other two once are as heretics at least Satan is a unified and common figure in all them. Perhaps he is the great one worth the worship of some angst ridden teenagers ...