Deleted

Nightfallen rep required for World Quests?

So I leveled a priest to 110 about 2 weeks ago. At that point, he was at least friendly with Court of Farondis, Dreamweavers, Highmountain Tribe and Valarjar. No rep with Nightfallen, even now I'm at 50/3000 neutral. As soon as he turned 110, World Quests showed up on the map (only 1 or 2 in Suramar) and I was able to do them normally, including Emissary Quests.

I leveled another priest to 110 yesterday, he was still neutral with Valarjar and hadn't met any Nightfallen. When he turned 110, a quest popped up immediately: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43341 (it's called "Uniting the Isles" for me, everything else is the same). I got him to friendly with Valarjar since, but the quest still says I have to get friendly with the Nightfallen.

So my questions are: Can anyone confirm this? Where's the bug here? Should priest #1 have gotten the quest or should the Nightfallen rep requirement not be there? Or am I completely missing something?

I found a few threads about this quest from months ago (abandoning it and not being able to get it again etc.), so I assume it hasn't been added in between.

I guess the TL;DR is: If this is a bug and it doesn't get fixed before release, make sure to get to friendly with the 4 factions before reaching 110 (which really isn't hard, just complete 2-3 chapters in every zone).

It happened to me too before without having rep with all factions as friendly+ , I get the world quest.. It's fixed I guess since your 2nd priest didn't get worls quest yet? So it'll require all factions at friendly status (including suramar quests to level them, which starts at 110) the get world quest and that cool travel item.

What's the issue here? That's how builds work, not everything is implemented in all builds. Maybe at the time your priest hit 110, the Nightfallen requirement wasn't implemented, but it is now.

Deleted
    It is friendly it is literally 20 Q in suramar and it is over. I dont see it as a problem. Problem is when you skip content and have to do This + Highmountain + Stormheim

Deleted
    The unlock criteria for world quests has changed over the past few months. Initially the only requirement was getting to 110. They then added a quest that unlocked them upon completion, which unlocked at 110, and required you to get to friendly with the four factions involved in the leveling zones. This appears to have been expanded upon to include friendly with the nightfallen too.

Deleted
    Fine, let me expand on this:
    - Googling a bit, I can see that people were talking about this quest and the Nightfallen requirement about a month ago: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745675059https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8Wt6RNmIo
    - My priest #1 reached level 110 on 7/22/16, so 10 days ago. No quest, no Nightfallen rep, instant access to WQs.
    - Priest #2 reached level 110 9 days later and had to do some Suramar questing before unlocking WQs.

Is it a problem to do a few Suramar quests before doing WQs? Of course not. It is, however, an issue / bug if one character has to do it and another one doesn't.

Let me ask you this then: Has anyone reached level 110 today or yesterday (or in the current build), having all 4 factions friendly before dinging? If so, did you get the quest / have to get Nightfallen rep / got WQ access immediately?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been this way for a couple months now so no, not a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Character creation time on beta is also a factor. My hunter on beta had a flight master's whistle for all of its leveling time. You're supposed to only get that at 110 after getting a bunch of reps
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verundi View Post
    Fine, let me expand on this:
    - Googling a bit, I can see that people were talking about this quest and the Nightfallen requirement about a month ago
    - My priest #1 reached level 110 on 7/22/16, so 10 days ago. No quest, no Nightfallen rep, instant access to WQs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    That's part of the problem. Assuming I understand OP correctly, that still means the first one of the two had a bug.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Perfect logic. My fridge has been heating stuff up for months, can't be broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    Character creation time on beta is also a factor.
    That actually makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of that. I created #1 months ago, #2 got copied over recently. I'll assume that's the reason, thanks for (probably) clearing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    That's part of the problem. Assuming I understand OP correctly, that still means the first one of the two had a bug.
    It is NOT a bug. First priest is apart of an old build. When they change the requirements of accessing world quests. The requirements were not retroactive with characters from older builds. Zorbrix has explain many times during beta, has been on Blue tracker where older characters on Beta couldnt do certain things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verundi View Post
    Perfect logic. My fridge has been heating stuff up for months, can't be broken.
    Stand down. I simply misread the post due to being sick and in a NyQuil haze the last few days. =P