Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    Yeah, it's been a real bloodbath since this law took effect.
    I never implied it would be a bloodbath but nice try. My main concern is if something went down with a shooter on campus, everyone is armed and you cannot tell who the aggressor is. So now you have a school in chaos with multiple people armed all scared and confused with their finger on a trigger.

But at the same time the already low chances of a mass shooting are lowered even more if the shooter knows everyone is strapped so we'll see how it plays out. I really hope nothing like what I described ever happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I never implied it would be a bloodbath but nice try. My main concern is if something went down with a shooter on campus, everyone is armed and you cannot tell who the aggressor is. So now you have a school in chaos with multiple people armed all scared and confused with their finger on a trigger.

But at the same time the already low chances of a mass shooting are lowered even more if the shooter knows everyone is strapped so we'll see how it plays out. I really hope nothing like what I described ever happens.
    *Shot heard near by - Everyone draws their gun and pans around the area*

Instant Mexican Stand Off. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    Yeah, it's been a real bloodbath since this law took effect.
    It's taking effect in time for Fall Semester? Not a college person I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Do American's never learn? this is not going to end well, what happens when one of these students has a mental breakdown or just snaps and shoots people in his/her class? ....
    I believe the same could be said about security guards or any law enforcement officers that can have mental breakdowns and shoot people. Anyone can commit any crime at any time with any weapon available to them. The point is, it's about finding the responsible individuals that can protect those that cannot protect themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    *Shot heard near by - Everyone draws their gun and pans around the area*

Instant Mexican Stand Off. lol
    Even more fitting at my school, we're all Mexicans here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Since concealed carry is legal in almost every state, can you cite some examples of these mexican stand offs happening? If I hear a gunshot in the next room over and I decide i want to be a hero and seek out the shooter, I'm responsible if I shoot an innocent. So if you can only find 3 examples out of 10s of thousands of legal use of a permit, you have to ask if you're really worried about a likely scenario or are you scared an asteroid will strike earth in the next 5 minutes.
    Personally. Even if the entire country was armed at all times. I don't believe many would step up to be the hero. Most would still run in fear (my self included).

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Smart way to A: get around the arming of teachers. And B: to make a case for arming teachers as the students are now armed, and if something were to occur, the teachers would need to be able to defend themselves.

Good to see Texas is still the good ole wild west though. Keepin culture alive, no matter how horrid that culture is.
    Despite what the TV shows and movies would have you believe, much of the wild west didn't buy into guns everywhere themselves.

https://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~rcollin...ship/guns.html

Pioneer publications show Old West leaders repeatedly arguing in favor of gun control. City leaders in the old cattle towns knew from experience what some Americans today don't want to believe: a town which allows easy access to guns invites trouble.
    Even Tombstone had gun laws.

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/0...un-laws-047366

In late 1880, as regional violence ratcheted up, Tombstone strengthened its existing ban on concealed weapons to outlaw the carrying of any deadly weapons within the town limits. The Earps (who were Republicans) and Doc Holliday maintained that they were acting as law officers—not citizen vigilantes—when they shot their opponents. That is to say, they were sworn officers whose jobs included enforcement of Tombstone’s gun laws.

Good for TX! This needs to be happening more and more across the nation. The the more victim-free zones we have, the better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Since concealed carry is legal in almost every state, can you cite some examples of these mexican stand offs happening? If I hear a gunshot in the next room over and I decide i want to be a hero and seek out the shooter, I'm responsible if I shoot an innocent. So if you can only find 3 examples out of 10s of thousands of legal use of a permit, you have to ask if you're really worried about a likely scenario or are you scared an asteroid will strike earth in the next 5 minutes.
    I didn't say it was likely, but it can happen. Also consider that not all uses of CC are the same. There aren't "10s of thousands" of school shootings where the students are allowed to be armed to say what is or isn't likely to happen. This is a wait and see type situation.

edit...... too much hassle

Good Luck Texas <3
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-08-02 at 03:09 PM.

So the U.S has socially regressed to the point of being a failed state.

The arguably richest / strongest country on the planet, that spends 80 billion "exporting democracy" by way of bombing the shit out of foreign countries, and 600 billion on its military budget,
    can't solve its domestic violence problems any other way than militarized police treating its citizens like enemy combatants, institutionalized vigilantism and private armies and segregation to protect the elite while the general population is left to fend for themselves.

I genuinely feel pity for any normal people living in that cesspool of humanity.
    Reminds me of Rome in the years of Nero.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-08-01 at 11:08 PM. Reason: it's > its

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    Am i reading this right?... CHILDREN! ALLOWED to bring GUNS in to the CLASSROOM!? ... sorry for the caps but im like .. wtf? really?..

What a good idea. Yeah let's give a bunch of "already scared" kids a bunch of guns, you do realize things like bullying could be dealt with in a lethal way..
    on a funny note i can just see this happening:-

Teacher hands test paper back to student with F on it....
    Student is OMG WTF, then pulls out shot gun and blows the teacher away shouting "F THIS! ... lol
    College/University students, not children in grade school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i reading this right?... CHILDREN! ALLOWED to bring GUNS in to the CLASSROOM!? ... sorry for the caps but im like .. wtf? really?..

What a good idea. Yeah let's give a bunch of "already scared" kids a bunch of guns, you do realize things like bullying could be dealt with in a lethal way..

Student is OMG WTF, then pulls out shot gun and blows the teacher away shouting "F THIS! ... lol
    Nah, Legal Adults. They would still need to go through the proper permits, which are not available to children.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    College/University students, not children in grade school.
    That doesn't sound like a positive spin.

Nah, Legal Adults. They would still need to go through the proper permits, which are not available to children.
    thank god for that..i hope its in the hands of reasonable adults not some teenager

but i still had a good laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That doesn't sound like a positive spin.
    It's not but I believe someone else thought this law was affecting grade school as well. Just want to clear up the misconceptions.

10+ Year Old Account

We have a gun problem in the U.S yes?..
    What do we need to sort this problem ...
    Ermmm more guns?
    Yeah i like that idea!

You get a gun
    He gets a gun
    She gets a gun
    That 2 year old in the pram you get a gun
    GUNS FOR EVERYONE! .... ha ha while im writing this i'm imagining Oprah tossing guns in a crowd

Good Luck Texas <3
    If you consider college age adults to be children then yes.

And you realize that this law doesn't like hand out guns to these students right?

Literally nothing prevented them from bringing and concealing a weapon on campus before this. Like absolutely nothing.

So I'm not sure why people are so outraged.

All this does is make it legal to carry so if they defend someone on campus using their weapon they won't be legally in trouble.

Before this if something happened and you used a weapon on campus to protect others you could be legally charged for carrying on the campus.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    If you consider college age adults to be children then yes.

And you realize that this law doesn't like hand out guns to these students right?

Literally nothing prevented them from bringing and concealing a weapon on campus before this. Like absolutely nothing.

So I'm not sure why people are so outraged.

All this does is make it legal to carry so if they defend someone on campus using their weapon they won't be legally in trouble.

Before this if something happened and you used a weapon on campus to protect others you could be legally charged for carrying on the campus.
    I'm British my good chum ..
    Over here collage students are like 16 years on wards so when i read " certain students to bring guns into classrooms" and the word collage i imagine it to be a bunch of teenagers doing theirs studies...

Tbh.. i was just having a bit of fun and yes i know it's serious matter .. sorry xxx but i am curious... how does the american school system work?

for the uk it is ,... Nursery school 3-4 year old - Infant 4-7 year old - Junior 7-11 year old - Comprehensive 11-16 year old - Collage 16 + year old

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    C) as a population segment, licensed CCWs commit far fewer crimes than the general population
    Likely because, if I'm not mistaken, licensed CCW's are required to undergo background checks. Perhaps some training/classroom time as well. Both solid requirements, that could be expanded further.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know Jesus used an AK-47 to defend himself against the Romans?

Jesus would have used an AK because he is a simple man.