Poll: Shoulders, Gone or Still keeping?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    for me ,shoulder pads, helms, and the weapons are the main parts of a transmog, removing one of them completely devalues them, so ive never gotten rid of my shoulders, some chars use small shoulders, but they are one of the 3 major parts of a mog (in my opinion) and a cool pair of shoulders, and a cool helm, makes a amazing set
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on your personal taste, and the particular shoulders in each case.

For example, I quite like how these complement my new look:

Usually I start a new xmog set by choosing a cool (previously unused) shoulder item, them building the set around it. I think I'll give it a try next time to make one without shoulderpads.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2016-08-01 at 07:37 PM.

I love fiddling around with transmog and coming up with cool new sets for my characters, and 90% of the time, I base them off of shoulder models. In many ways they're the defining factor of an outfit. That's due to WoWs visual style and how the body frames of the character models are laid out, and of course also because the shoulder models in WoW can be designed more individually and with more unique detail because they're not just "painted on" like, for example, chest models.

So, no, I'm unlikely to make the shoulders invisible. I will however almost always hide helm and cape.

It really depends on the transmog I want to use. I have a pirate themed set for my Outlaw Rogue and I just couldn't find any shoulders that would go well with it.
    Most times though, Cannon sized face crushers all the way.

Plate looks way too bare without them. Otherwise it depends on skin shown.

Turning off shoulders was the first thing I did when I logged in. Actually, I didn't realize they were giving us the option, so it was a nice surprise, and I half thought I was being trolled

I do have some sets with decent shoulders, but it's great having the option especially as a monk -- a class I feel works best with minimalist armor sets.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was and still am really confused as to why shoulders were added to the list of hidden items. Helms and cloaks are fine but shoulders? If anything, I find shoulders often make or break the look of a set so I can't ever imagine hiding them.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a male troll rogue and I don't like how most shoulderpads look on him, so I turned them off. Maybe if I was playing a dwarf/orc warrior I'd keep some on.

I might turn shoulderspads back on on my rogue if we ever get cloaks that reach their shoulders, but that seems unlikely to happen in Legion.

Shoulders tend to define an xmog for me, so I leave them on all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. Generally, my plate characters have them, save for my Fury Warrior (who barely wears anything to begin with). My Priest still is rocking the dark angel wings, too. Otherwise, my clothies are padless, and leather can go either way. Oh, and my hunter and shammy are both padless, as well.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    turned them off, thats my shaman now (resto ), no regrets

img snip
    That transmog is incredibly legit. I've been away for a while and I dont mean to derail the thread but, is the drumstick and the tankard xmogs of the weapons? If so, what did you use?
    EDIT: Never mind, stopped being lazy and searched it... Still, it's probably my favorite xmog I've seen ever.

On topic, still rock my trusty face crushers
    Last edited by Xheoul; 2016-08-01 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plate looks strange without shoulders unless you're going for a slut set.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I was and still am really confused as to why shoulders were added to the list of hidden items. Helms and cloaks are fine but shoulders? If anything, I find shoulders often make or break the look of a set so I can't ever imagine hiding them.
    Sometimes less is more

All other items are more or less painted on, while shoulders force you to alter the natural silhouette of your character.

I know for a fact a lot of people requested it, so it's not just intended for a niche audience

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    EDIT: Never mind, stopped being lazy and searched it... Still, it's probably my favorite xmog I've seen ever.
    Thanks! Just in case its these two

mainhand http://www.wowhead.com/item=107218/t...nkard-o-terror
    offhand http://www.wowhead.com/item=62858/fl...-bone#comments

Depends on what transmog I'm using, but I've been doing both with and without shoulderpads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. Some characters, I wear shoulders on. Some, I opt for single-shoulder transmogs. Others, I opt out and go bare-shouldered (most notably, my monk and shaman are bare-shouldered).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

As an Orc who lived through the tiny shoulder bug in TBC I will never remove my shoulders!

....some outfits need shoulder pads. Others do not. We now have a choice. Casters can now look normal, other classes have options.

/endthread

Depends on my mood and my transmog set. Some have shoulder pads and some dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love having the option. I don't think I've used it much, but I'm glad it's there.