Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Exclusive weapon types are nothing new. In fact, rogues have one... we're the only class that uses agility daggers. Hunters are the only ones that use ranged weapons. Both are technically equippable by other classes, but no one else actually wants them.

It would be nice if Rogues are able to use glaives in future expansions just because they look so cool. That's assuming they actually drop; DHs can use other weapons, so glaives might just never/rarely show up on loot tables similar to spell fist weapons and 2Hs. Agi 1H swords are fairly rare too, because enh shamans can't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i could definitely see monks with glaives, the rest though im not too sure. rogues wouldnt want an arm length fist weapon, that doesnt fit their M-O. Warriors bash theyre weapons and use their full force to do damage, glaives to me are an eloquent sweeping weapon. Dk's same as warriors. BUT THOSE MONKS....
    And dragons wouldn't be able to fly, if it were not for the fact that we're in a freakin fantasy world.
    Stop using too much logic, especially concerning the equipment. If rogues wouldn't want restrictive equipment, why would the wear glowing blades and man high shoulder pads?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    I really don't want to be the fiom caller here or the dick to point it our, but there is something bugging me.

DH can wield every one-handed weapon, even daggers but they got exklusive warglaives for themselfes ... whats the point? Flavor? Rogue discrimination?

Edit: okay everything beside one-handed maces

I was waiting since start of WotLK for a new glaive to wield, and now DH get everything and even that? My question is just: Why?

Sry if this is a whine thread but as I said it bugs me a lot (and no I dont want to play a DH, at least not as my main)
    Lore

/10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    So we should take the warglaives of azzinoth away from Warriors, Rogues, Death Knights, and Monks?

The real complaint here is that time went into these weapons that we might want to use but are limited to using on only one class. So being demon hunters are almost instantly going to be using the artifact weapons and short of T-Mog the development time feels wasted.
    Those sort of make sense though, as they are claimed from a fallen enemy.

And to be fair, what's the problem with them having a unique weapon type? Are you people just complaining for the sake of complaining again? They start at level 98, if you really want to weild glaives so badly you'll be on par level wise with your current character in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    And dragons wouldn't be able to fly, if it were not for the fact that we're in a freakin fantasy world.
    Stop using too much logic, especially concerning the equipment. If rogues wouldn't want restrictive equipment, why would the wear glowing blades and man high shoulder pads?
    oh im sorry i like to think logically, even in fantasy games. ITS PART OF THE FANTASY FUN FOR ME. Here, hows this...

a rogue would just be serving 25 to life for stabbing and robbing a defias thug in elwynn, oh and all the boars mindlessly killed in the same zone

a warrior would probably be on disability for the leg or arm he lost in the war

a monk would be making beer.

a death knight wouldnt exist.

better?

AS A ROGUE PLAYER: i think glaives would be dumb as shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    They justified rogues using axes as them being the types who would pick up any weapon and use it. So yes, rogues would be more likely to wield them than monks even.
    an axe would also be much more common in an old timey town like we see in WoW.

ive seen plently of axes in my day, never a warglaive

eh, but i get your argument
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2016-08-01 at 10:13 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    oh im sorry i like to think logically, even in fantasy games. ITS PART OF THE FANTASY FUN FOR ME. Here, hows this...

a rogue would just be serving 25 to life for stabbing and robbing a defias thug in elwynn, oh and all the boars mindlessly killed in the same zone

a warrior would probably be on disability for the leg or arm he lost in the war

a monk would be making beer.

a death knight wouldnt exist.

better?

AS A ROGUE PLAYER: i think glaives would be dumb as shit.

- - - Updated - - -

an axe would also be much more common in an old timey town like we see in WoW.

ive seen plently of axes in my day, never a warglaive

eh, but i get your argument
    I'm sorry, i not able to decipher your scribblings.
    But be assured, the fact alone that you're thinking is an astounding surprise.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    And to be fair, what's the problem with them having a unique weapon type? Are you people just complaining for the sake of complaining again? They start at level 98, if you really want to weild glaives so badly you'll be on par level wise with your current character in no time.
    The issue I have with glaives being DH only and staying DH only is that in coming expans we may not have artifact weapons. Which means for the sake of DHs being able to get glaives we have another weapon type that only one class uses. Right now we have ranged weapons, and agi daggers. Which already is an annoyance what with depending on roster you may only have one of these classes. With the addition of glaives that's three weapon types that mean you have to have a class to make use of.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    There is a little something called lore. Warglaives are traditionally demon hunter weapons.
    Warglaives are traditionally very night elven weapons, including it's 3- and 4-sided variants. Illidan used them before he gouged his eyes out, and some enemies used them too.

There's a few of them by night elven settlements.
    Last edited by Turinn; 2016-08-02 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Okay, reading all your arguments I can now, at least a bit, understand and accept a bit bettet how it is, and will be BUT the main thing is: I just loved my illidan glaives, as I said I was waiting for the day we would get at least something glaivesh again. I hope some of you can understand my disappointment. Then also giving them every weapon we can wear felt bad for me.

Also, we now have weapon type again that only one class can use but also roll on anything else.
    Lets say there is a sword that just gives beter stats then the glaive that drops, thanks for the wasted item was my first thought. I know they can still pick it up besides beeing bis, but you get what I mean.

My guild uses a loot-council System tied to a BIS-List from every player, it would just be wasted and Im not entierly sure blizz will make every glaive with perfect statt for DH.
    Last edited by mmoc9038fdc8bf; 2016-08-01 at 11:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want to be the fiom caller here or the dick to point it our, but there is something bugging me.

DH can wield every one-handed weapon, even daggers but they got exklusive warglaives for themselfes ... whats the point? Flavor? Rogue discrimination?

I was waiting since start of WotLK for a new glaive to wield, and now DH get everything and even that? My question is just: Why?

Sry if this is a whine thread but as I said it bugs me a lot (and no I dont want to play a DH, at least not as my main)
    man its allmost like hunters are the only ones who use guns, bows, and crossbows, well casters are the only ones to use wands and offhands! god.. its allmost like there is some difference between classes
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So we should take the warglaives of azzinoth away from Warriors, Rogues, Death Knights, and Monks?

The real complaint here is that time went into these weapons that we might want to use but are limited to using on only one class. So being demon hunters are almost instantly going to be using the artifact weapons and short of T-Mog the development time feels wasted.
    Hunters get, by far, the largest group of customization options. The sheer number of pet variations, both in art and ability is staggering. There is more diversity in hunters alone than in any other 3 classes combined.

If you're going to whine, whine about that. Don't whine about warglaives just because they are the 'new thing'.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    man its allmost like hunters are the only ones who use guns, bows, and crossbows, well casters are the only ones to use wands and offhands! god.. its allmost like there is some difference between classes
    Hunters are a Bad example for this because These are weapons tied to them and they can only go with them, DH have glaives and everything else. Also bring in casters as a example for a CLASS RESTRICTED WEAPON is not really better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are a Bad example for this because These are weapons tied to them and they can only go with them, DH have glaives and everything else. Also bring in casters as a example for a CLASS RESTRICTED WEAPON is not really better.
    glaives are a demon hunter only weapon, just like guns bows and crossbows are hunter only weapons, even though they can use 2 handed weapons and polearms in survival

i dont see how you complaining demon hunters are the only ones to get glaives, is fair, but me saying hunters are the only ones to get bows,crossbows, and guns is fair

- - - Updated - - -

i dont get what your saying here?

what dev time is being wasted, you mean the dev time of making a glaive weapon type? all like 5 seconds of it?
    and if you mean that they will have no tmog, they can mog their warglaives into 1 handed swords, and axes
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Correct me if i am wrong - Arent 'glaives' available right now!?
    There are pvp weapons that are 'glaives' and theres a bloody challenge mode weapon that is a big fat blue glaive!! So.... yea....TMog those....

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem? Glaives are iconic to Demon Hunters? For Rogues it's mainly Daggers (Besides Combat).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

For those of you saying daggers are rogue exclusive, do you not know casters frequently use daggers+oh?

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I'm sorry, i not able to decipher your scribblings.
    But be assured, the fact alone that you're thinking is an astounding surprise.
    your avatar is dumb

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-08-03 at 02:06 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

On top of it being largely anchored by lore, the class fantasy of demon hunters AND the new artifact system (so no new weapon past level 101 for legion), on a technical side of things blizz probably required a new type of weapon to be implemented to work with the new demon hunter animations and keep them unique to that class (at least for legion).

Warglaives of Azzinoth is technically a sword, and not a warglaive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    For those of you saying daggers are rogue exclusive, do you not know casters frequently use daggers+oh?
    Agility daggers. We're talking about agility daggers.