Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When running with "randos" or a group finder group, I always put my pet on passive immediately after the last mob of a pull dies until right before the next pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, Lone Wolf was invented for people that didn't wanna play a pet class yet stubbornly did. They overtuned it, making it mandatory, and translated that into "EVERYONE LOVES IT!".

Just Blizzard stuff.
    No it was put in because of a large request for it. It takes care of the annoying pet AI that makes many people (such as myself) avoid pet classes (I main a DK, but refuse to play UH because of the pet) and adds in the ranger playstyle (kind of) all with one talent. It wasn't over tuned so they could say "everyone loves it!" they over tuned it to compensate for not having a pet doing 35% of your damage. IMO they should have left MM as the spec without a choice of having a pet or not, like it was early in Legion Beta, and renamed the spec Ranger. The only reason they didn't is because you had survival fanbois that cried about not having sparky by their side...

No, Lone Wolf was invented for people that didn't wanna play a pet class yet stubbornly did. They overtuned it, making it mandatory, and translated that into "EVERYONE LOVES IT!".
    I'm pretty sure there were people who wanted to play an "archer" archetype as comparison to "ranger with a pet". I think it was a sound idea to differentiate hunter specs: MM = archer / sniper, BM = hunter with a pet, SV = classic d&d melee ranger with a pet, the only shame is they use 2h because the classic d&d ranger was using dual sabers (and had an animal companion).

Not every person who wants to play a ranged class is in love with a mage.

Anyway one thing I don't personally like is making BM as some form of stable master, I would rather envision them as someone with spiritual bond to 1 strong pet.

But of course class fantasy aside, you don't want to deal with pet pulls, praise Blizz lone wolf is lvl 15 now. You can always go bm / surv outside of dungeon if you want to quest with a pet and easily switch to non-pet spec for group play.

But yeah, after my mage's water elemental got feared in UBRS and pulled 2 trash packs I welcome lonely winter talent. I didn't even know elementals are feareable?

As a side note, how do you dismiss guardians (not the controllable pets)? I remember jumping in SMBG as a demo lock and having wild imps pulling mobs even after I dismissed the felguard (before jumping ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    An easy solution would be when you fall (1,5 seconds) the pet instantly auto dismisses, untill you hit ground.
    Nice solution, and one of many possible ones.

It really is amazing to me that a games company that has taken in literally billions of dollars in subs over the years has never bothered to fix such a glaring, immersion-breaking and annoying bug, after over 12 years.

Such epic laziness and incompetence on the part of such a gigantic and usually brilliant company is incomprehensible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I was recently in a Dungeon Group with a few rando's. It was all fine until my Pet accidentally kept on pulling mobs, and the first time it was because it was a Cliff, so of course the dumb pet just goes the LONGEST POSSIBLE ROUTE and AGGRO'S EVERYTHING.
    So this is what they told me.
    "Dismiss your pet."
    Dismiss. Yes, I understand, "But you should ALWAYS dismiss your pet in some situations as a Hunter!"
    But let me ask you this.
    Has a Warlock's Imp, Felguard, or ANY Minion EVER pulled more mobs than intended? Have they ever been scolded by a group, and forcibly removed from combat, forcing a Warlock to go solo, because their Minion is dumb as bricks? How about a Death Knight and his Ghoul?

Nope. Those pets somehow know NOT TO AGGRO ANY MOBS. In fact, they act like the USAIN BOLT and RUSH to your location if you've gotten to a location that is farther away from them.
    But Hunter Pets? Nooo. They meander their way to your location, slowly, and make sure they pick up EVERY SINGLE ENEMY ALONG THE WAY.

So I ask. Why is it that I have to dismiss my pet during EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DUNGEON OR RAID because BLIZZARD can't set up a system that doesn't cause a pet to aggro unintentional mobs, when they have been FULLY FUCKING CAPABLE OF DOING SO, for 12 YEARS.

I LIKE HAVING A PET. DON'T FORCE ME TO GO SOLO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHODDY PROGRAMMING.
    Its not about going solo, dismiss your pet before you jump off a cliff and then summon it when you are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    No it was put in because of a large request for it. It takes care of the annoying pet AI that makes many people (such as myself) avoid pet classes (I main a DK, but refuse to play UH because of the pet) and adds in the ranger playstyle (kind of) all with one talent. It wasn't over tuned so they could say "everyone loves it!" they over tuned it to compensate for not having a pet doing 35% of your damage. IMO they should have left MM as the spec without a choice of having a pet or not, like it was early in Legion Beta, and renamed the spec Ranger. The only reason they didn't is because you had survival fanbois that cried about not having sparky by their side...
    That "annoying pet AI" is a joke to deal with, and classes/specs shouldn't be catered around those that want to have the cake and eat it at the same time. Same as you don't roll a Warrior expecting to be a ranged. I'd say that true Hunter players are in the right to want a pet from a spec that's been with a pet since day one and hopefully they tune it so tightly that it actually becomes a choice and not a case of "mouthbreathers choose pets, the rest are forced into Lone Wolf"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    That "annoying pet AI" is a joke to deal with, and classes/specs shouldn't be catered around those that want to have the cake and eat it at the same time. Same as you don't roll a Warrior expecting to be a ranged. I'd say that true Hunter players are in the right to want a pet from a spec that's been with a pet since day one and hopefully they tune it so tightly that it actually becomes a choice and not a case of "mouthbreathers choose pets, the rest are forced into Lone Wolf"...
    "True hunter players" translates into people that play like I do. There is a gigantic portion of the community that hates the pet AI. I personally both hate the pet AI and the mechanics of every pet save for the caster pets. The travel time of the pets is also an issue. As a ranged class having to wait for a pet to travel 100yds across the field is both annoying and a DPS loss.

MM has always been the spec that has attracted the players that could care less if they had a pet or not. I find it 100% reasonable to offer that as the only pet free spec from level 1. To use your own example - who plays a ranged class expecting to be melee (Survival)? There are niches that each spec fits into. Switching MM to Ranger would fit that motif while not having to bother with an annoying ass pet.

GoSac, Lone Wolf, Frost, Frost with GoWE are the only way that I will play those classes. Honestly I find their play styles fun other than the pets. The closed minded attitude of "purist" class players is annoying and holds back radical development of this game. As a side note - It's usually pretty easy to guess the spec of a player just by looking at them. Hunters were almost there... No pet? MM. pet with a gun/bow/xbow? BM. Pet with a spear? Surv. Why is this such an issue?
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2016-07-31 at 03:26 AM.

Not my problem, it's the tanks problem. Handle it.

Dismiss takes too long to "cast" when in a go go go group, like say... Nexus or something. Short cuts do nothing but make us take longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Jumping off a ledge/cliff as a shortcut is not intended gameplay. You are doing something against the design of the game/encounter, so you are the one who has to adjust accordingly.

Rejoice. Being a Hunter has been massively simplified, by removing nearly everything that made us unique or separated Hunters who knew how to properly and fully use their class, vs people like you. Now practically the ONLY thing you have to learn is to not be dumb and dismiss your Pet before you jump off ledges. How is that not common sense?

The Little Miss' dismisses her Ghoul every time she hops off a cliff in a dungeon with her DK and resummons it after, because if she doesn't .. guess what it would do? Yep, AGGRO EVERYTHING IT RUNS BY.

Guess what would happen with my Warlock if I didn't use Grimoire of Sacrifice, and jumped off a cliff in a dungeon. Yep, what do you know .. the SAME THING you're saying doesn't happen.

I want to know how the idea of dismissing your Pet was something someone ELSE had to tell you to do, and how you never thought of it on your own, considering how painfully obvious that is.

Just dismiss your pet before jumping off a cliff/ledge that will cause your pet to path through mobs, then summon them again when you're at the bottom. Dismiss only takes... two seconds? And summoning is instant.

I'm playing another alt hunter and it looks to me very much like they broke the pet again after fixing it again, after breaking it again after fixing it again. Had far more hassle with my pet going the long way and not "jumping" down beside me than the last hunter I leveled a couple months ago, enough so that I'm back to vanilla behaviour and dismiss whenever I jump down anywhere.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Bad hunter alert. I've seen tons of them in Gnomeregan. Jump, pull all instance, everybody dead. Lol. I usually told them too, but who the fuck listens these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Jumping off a ledge/cliff as a shortcut is not intended gameplay. You are doing something against the design of the game/encounter, so you are the one who has to adjust accordingly.
    Please, jumping off ledges has been the meta in Gnomer for so long that Blizzard eventually put parachute packs at the two ledges.

It's simple, just use Eyes of the Beast to manually control your pet and jump it down first, OH WAIT.......

10+ Year Old Account
    It is funny how quick people are to say "L2P noob huntard..." when they are the ones causing the problem because they want to skip trash that was clearly not intended to be skipped. If you jump off a ledge to avoid trash, then dont complain if my pet just gathers them for you to kill, as you were supposed to do in the first place..... and yes MD and FD did wonders if that trash packs finally arrived =P

You have a spec that's all centered about the pet. Being a bitter person because one of three specs has the option to not use the pet because it ties in well with the immersion of that particular spec shouldn't be bothering you this much. If I'm a sniper trying to line up my long-cast time, long-range attacks, the last fucking thing I'd want is fido fucking speeding off into the distance to engage the target in an honourable brawl to the death.

I'd also want to say, knowing absolutely nothing about the game, I picked a hunter because I wanted to be a ranger back in the day. Having a spec that actually fulfills that niche is nice. Not every single hunter spec needs to have a pet; I can hunt just fine on my own in real life.

I hate playing with pets. Unfortunately I main a DK and often end up Unholy. I also play a hunter and a warlock. My BIGGEST complaint about hunter pets is that you have to stand still and do a 2s cast to dismiss your pet. Every other class has an instant cast dismiss. Really not sure why its like that....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I was recently in a Dungeon Group with a few rando's. It was all fine until my Pet accidentally kept on pulling mobs, and the first time it was because it was a Cliff, so of course the dumb pet just goes the LONGEST POSSIBLE ROUTE and AGGRO'S EVERYTHING.
    So this is what they told me.
    "Dismiss your pet."
    Dismiss. Yes, I understand, "But you should ALWAYS dismiss your pet in some situations as a Hunter!"
    But let me ask you this.
    Has a Warlock's Imp, Felguard, or ANY Minion EVER pulled more mobs than intended? Have they ever been scolded by a group, and forcibly removed from combat, forcing a Warlock to go solo, because their Minion is dumb as bricks? How about a Death Knight and his Ghoul?

Nope. Those pets somehow know NOT TO AGGRO ANY MOBS. In fact, they act like the USAIN BOLT and RUSH to your location if you've gotten to a location that is farther away from them.
    But Hunter Pets? Nooo. They meander their way to your location, slowly, and make sure they pick up EVERY SINGLE ENEMY ALONG THE WAY.

So I ask. Why is it that I have to dismiss my pet during EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DUNGEON OR RAID because BLIZZARD can't set up a system that doesn't cause a pet to aggro unintentional mobs, when they have been FULLY FUCKING CAPABLE OF DOING SO, for 12 YEARS.

I LIKE HAVING A PET. DON'T FORCE ME TO GO SOLO BECAUSE OF YOUR SHODDY PROGRAMMING.
    yes, yes we have, but in the past only 1/3 specs actuallty used a pet, so it wasent as common, also leveling in deungons , in destor you woul use imp, and its invis when not in combat so it wouldent pull...

maybe you should learn to take responsability for yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Oh comeone isnt that scarry than before when yur pet pull the things out of line of sight
    Or when you catch low level pet and enter in dungeon with it ....
    And pets already jumps with us in BRS dungeons, before you risked to get a band of dragons or room of trolls after you if forgot to dismiss it

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    I hate playing with pets. Unfortunately I main a DK and often end up Unholy. I also play a hunter and a warlock. My BIGGEST complaint about hunter pets is that you have to stand still and do a 2s cast to dismiss your pet. Every other class has an instant cast dismiss. Really not sure why its like that....
    Because our pets get called Instantly unlike all other pets (even DK ones took time to show up)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-08-02 at 04:00 AM.