Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Thing is, this is only temporary. As soon we get to 110 in 110 gear it becomes a rush-fest where the NPCs are irrelevant once more. Blizz doesn't have the balls to make a longer control style BG. They could easily compensate for the time it takes by increasing the reward, but they wont.
    Have you tried ESO Cyrodil? A huge PVP zone practically the size of northrend with 3 factions that encourages groups to form and defend/push a keep/outpost/resources etc.. I have played for hours at a time not realizing how long I played. The score updates every 30 minutes over a period of a 30 day campaign. At the end of the campaign you get a reward based on your participation and how well your faction did. If only Blizzard could design something like it. Too bad Holinka be like: eh.. put a single lane with flags and a boss at each side with mind numbing mini games and call it a day (trashran)

Surprisingly the most interesting part of this is the reaction by the players. Most people in game (apart from those gear hunters that didn't blacklist it), on forums and on social media are really positive about the difficulty of current AV. People that complain about it are normally shot down really fast.

Maybe this time the developers will take the feedback into consideration?

Earlier this week I dropped into AV. Spent about half an hour in an attrition win. Wasn't rewarded anything. Absolutely loved it.

If Blizzard's paying attention: this is why people have played your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, AV remains an occasion to go AFK. But I agree with the op that if you likes strategy, the npcs beefed up health is an improvement. But the battleground still sucks.

I wonder if having daily AV etc quests for those large zones would be preferable? As in having quests to kill so many or hold or take so many towers or raise the big guys etc. Basically give incentive to t he player to do that. Each quest could reward marks etc or a loot chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    No, it's not
    In fact, Alterac Valley have never been fun at all to begin with
    I can't even fathom how can anyone enjoy 40vs40 battlegrounds, they're just nobrainers, where your actions barely matter
    its really personal preference, I personally love Alterac valley because there are many things you can do to help your team (towers, mines, backcapping, bosses,) and because of this variety of choices, it doesnt feel like the same thing over and over. Also im a mediocre pvper but a pretty good motivator so i prefer a big team. I guess the thing about Alterac Valley is that it is more interesting to people that play pve more often but would still like the excitement of a pvp competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Sounds awesome. Sadly my account is currently frozen. I always used to love Alterac. Especially the longer battles in vanilla when it lastest a whole day lol

People should definitively play more for fun instead of rewards. Reward yourself with fun and not with a worthless item made up by pixels
    Amen to that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    Didn't see a thread about this. All the mobs are levels 109 - 110 which means they hit like trucks. We've summoned Lok in 2 games so far, Wolf Riders in another. Teams are working together and it is hilarious watching someone assume they can run into a GY and 1 shot the guards only to be the ones being one shot themselves. Games lasting 30m-1hour+

Blizzard PLEASE keep it this way!! Make the NPCs matter by buffing the hell out of them!
    Man, you tempt me to log in ... my sub is running out in 24 hrs and I hate the new models and animations with a passion

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I inadvertently entered an AV earlier today (due to the bug where it gets removed from your blacklist when you log). It had been on my blacklist since it was introduced.

What can I say. Absolutely awful, slow grind. After 20 mins there was still 400 reinforcements left on both sides. It was not worth the ROI for me so I left with a solemn promise never to enter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I inadvertently entered an AV earlier today (due to the bug where it gets removed from your blacklist when you log). It had been on my blacklist since it was introduced.

What can I say. Absolutely awful, slow grind. After 20 mins there was still 400 reinforcements left on both sides. It was not worth the ROI for me so I left with a solemn promise never to enter again.
    If the reward for a 1 hour AV was equal to that of 4 15 minute Warsong wins, would you have stayed?

This is nothing out of the norm. AV usually gets messed with everytime a pre-patch hits. Not to mention Ashran is a mess, so a large amount stopped going there. There are people who hated AV pre-patch and those who hate it now post-patch.

In reality once the population hits 110 and gets gear to raise their template stats it will go back to the usual rush. NPC's being a roadblock is always temporary as the track record has shown. If the guards become too troublesome then blizz will just remove them like they did the captians and other various npcs in AV.

If you're having fun now then enjoy it while it lasts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    I personally hate av with a passion especially on the horde side. That long for a game rewarding one mark of honor is discouraging. Also that bug where its no longer on my BG block list when I relog is quite aggravating too.
    Enjoy the pvp mate rather then the rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    I personally hate av with a passion especially on the horde side. That long for a game rewarding one mark of honor is discouraging. Also that bug where its no longer on my BG block list when I relog is quite aggravating too.
    The Epic BG experience is the reward. You don't play AV for honor or tokens, just fun

- - - Updated - - -

PvP is very fun overall since patch, Feels like people are actully doing proper dmg and you don't get ROFLstompt anymore.

I loved the old AV and love the new AV, what I can't stand is the people that want to lose for a quick match. I want to win, or go down fighting, no fucks given if that takes 4 hours to do.

It is, unfortunately, if you queue for specific BG you don't get anything if you win