Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Each pet class player must dismiss pet before he jumps down. If you complain abut that, you are just noob who don't understand mechanics of game.

You can post at suggestion forums for Blizzard to add special skill for that classes "grab you pets to pockets while I jump down button / skill" but I'm 100% sure ppl will still forget about that and pull whole instance.

Most hilarious pull are done this way in Gnomeregan it's like 500 mobs incoming in amazing weave

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    It is funny how quick people are to say "L2P noob huntard..." when they are the ones causing the problem because they want to skip trash that was clearly not intended to be skipped. If you jump off a ledge to avoid trash, then dont complain if my pet just gathers them for you to kill, as you were supposed to do in the first place..... and yes MD and FD did wonders if that trash packs finally arrived =P
    Uh yeah... Get kicked much?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand I should dismiss my pet and then resummon.

However I also believe Blizzard should fix this because they honestly could NOT have purposefully programmed it to be this tedious.
    And plus, sometimes my pet just aggroes shit for not reason. Because they're too close to something, or whatever. Honestly, Pets shouldn't Aggro any mob until they've attacked something, it would make the game so much less annoying.
    It wouldn't be hard, either. It wouldn't mess with any core element of the game, it would just remove a nuisance that has plagued Dungeon and Raid groups for many years.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    the core problem is that they do pull mobs and need to be dismissed to not pull mobs. Without that problem there would be no need to dismiss pets and everyone will be happy.
    It's part of the learning curve. It doesn't take a genius to figure out, just either messing up once or paying attention to pet behavior. Sure, it's annoying, but it really isn't a big deal. Having annoyances like this, in my opinion, is actually good for the game because it helps players pay attention more and helps regulate the natural learning curve of the game. Fixing every minor annoyance for quality of life's sake isn't a good idea, it already has driven many people away actually.

It becomes second nature after so long, i don't even think about it anymore, if i'm jumping down a cliff or something i dismiss.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I understand I should dismiss my pet and then resummon.

However I also believe Blizzard should fix this because they honestly could NOT have purposefully programmed it to be this tedious.
    And plus, sometimes my pet just aggroes shit for not reason. Because they're too close to something, or whatever. Honestly, Pets shouldn't Aggro any mob until they've attacked something, it would make the game so much less annoying.
    It wouldn't be hard, either. It wouldn't mess with any core element of the game, it would just remove a nuisance that has plagued Dungeon and Raid groups for many years.
    We all know good and well that Blizz sits around dreaming up ways to perpetuate the huntard tradition. How do you think we got Barrage?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    The heck? While leveling a pet class for the first time, you definitely learn to dismiss your pet around... Maraudon when it pulls the entire instance as you jump down.

And yes, every pet spec has to deal with this. It's been a while since I remember someone complaining about some obvious thing that you learn in your lvl 20s.

As for Barrage, it's NOT that tough to respec before a 5man. Like, as a Disc Priest I switch my Halo to Divine Star just for 5mans. And if I forget to, I just don't use Halo unless I'm very confident because I know it'll pull everything. Why is this so difficult?

I do it out of habit at this point, one day they'll make it so it doesn't happen and i'll probably keep doing it. It's less of a pain to just dismiss and summon, than it is to jump and risk pulling half a room.
    I'm a thread killer.

Blizzard should make hunter pet and pets in general not pull aggro unless they are sent to attack the target by the hunter.

Those saying "it's just something you learn as a pet class" yeah it is but the problem was FIXED for a very long time, early Wrath til now thereabouts and was recently, as in during the pre-patch, broken again.

I didn't have to worry about my pet on the last hunter I leveled two months ago but this one which I leveled 4 days ago I had to, pets have for a very long time teleported to you ala battle pets if you got out of a certain fairly short range that was removed recently AS IN during 7.0.3.

In fact a lot of pet behaviours, AI, bugs like avoidance not working correctly and pets getting splattered by AE is very similar to what they were doing before the pet revamp in early Wrath maybe maybe it was during Cata, I recall it was a fairly extensive overhaul of pet AI might have been when the full pet skill trees came in.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should add a "carry pet" command that's instant, where said pet climbs into your arms and slows you down but you can still move.

Mostly just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Please, jumping off ledges has been the meta in Gnomer for so long that Blizzard eventually put parachute packs at the two ledges.
    Blizzard putting in parachutes in a single dungeon does not change the fact that pet AI has worked the same way for a decade and it's the responsibility of the hunter to manage their pet.

As an Unholy DK, I love the idea of having a pet, but I just hate their behaviour. Assist mode is pretty crap and should have some updates made. If I'm under attack my pet won't even defend me unless I've attacked something first (unless it's on Defensive mode). The pet also takes pretty damn long to change targets when on Assist (although it shouldn't be instant either, just slightly faster).

Another issue I'm having is when casting Death and Decay or Epidemic when out of combat my pet goes to attack a nearby target. Hopefully this is just a bug.