Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing MoP 10 mans in pre patch as Blood?

I'm only 705 as I just hit 100 couple days ago, curious as to what, if any of the MoP 10 mans can be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    I'm only 705 as I just hit 100 couple days ago, curious as to what, if any of the MoP 10 mans can be done.
    should be doable as long as the encounters do not require high dps. alternatively, unless you want to solo for the sake of soloing, you could try the group finder i ran SoO heroic and mythic last night that way and had no problem finding people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    should be doable as long as the encounters do not require high dps. alternatively, unless you want to solo for the sake of soloing, you could try the group finder i ran SoO heroic and mythic last night that way and had no problem finding people
    Personally, my interest would be in doing it for mounts, so the fewer people tagging along (preferably none) the better.

At any rate, OP, MSV to Elegon is easily doable in blood. You can also ham your way through stone guardians as unholy (I used to be able to go frost up until spirit kings pre-pre patch; can't swing that anymore with the removal of death pact and the death strike nerf.) If you're an ace at dodging you might be able to do Will of the emperor; personally I never tried as it doesn't drop a mount.

I'm keen on finding out how much of ToT is soloable as blood (specifically through Ji-kun,) and whether it's possible to cheese past the first boss' tendency to despawn when he picks you up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Personally, my interest would be in doing it for mounts, so the fewer people tagging along (preferably none) the better.

At any rate, OP, MSV to Elegon is easily doable in blood. You can also ham your way through stone guardians as unholy (I used to be able to go frost up until spirit kings pre-pre patch; can't swing that anymore with the removal of death pact and the death strike nerf.) If you're an ace at dodging you might be able to do Will of the emperor; personally I never tried as it doesn't drop a mount.

I'm keen on finding out how much of ToT is soloable as blood (specifically through Ji-kun,) and whether it's possible to cheese past the first boss' tendency to despawn when he picks you up.
    i i cant comment on the rest of the mop raids, but in SoO personal loot works

I've done tot weekly on lots of my tanks. First boss doesn't despawn. He just teleports you to the ground.

ToT is a joke on 10 man esp if you are only going to jikun. Granted my dk is like 735 I was able to do the first 6 on 25 as blood and it was very easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I've done tot weekly on lots of my tanks. First boss doesn't despawn. He just teleports you to the ground.
    They must've changed it recently; when I went in their prior, he'd scoop you up to throw you and then promptly despawn.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They must've changed it recently; when I went in their prior, he'd scoop you up to throw you and then promptly despawn.
    he did this early in the expansion, I want to say the entirety of 6.2.3 he's done the teleport, at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you want to do just the mount bosses, I can recommend saving an ID just before these bosses on another character (optimally a level 9X character that you don't level) and then just extend that each week.
    Get on the ID character, then invite a friend that didn't run these raids yet this week, and have them invite your other character(s). As long as no one else with an existing ID received Lead at some point, you will enter your alt's ID. When you switch characters, wait till you have Lead, kick the previous one and do an Instance Reset before going in again.
    You can also use the Group Finder to "invite yourself", create a group with auto-invite, log around and enter. May have issues with other people that join randomly getting Lead (because the Leader is offline) and disbanding, but it often works. Should be fewer realmhoppers anyway.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

For MoP Mogushan Vaults is pretty straight forward. Only issue Ive had is the last boss bugging out (eg. not being able to even start the encounter). Heart of Fear is fine up until Amber Shaper (the mind control thing screws you over). ToES was doable from memory. You can get a bit of the way through ToT. From memory up to Dark Animus was doable (although that may be ok now too just not sure). Durumu may be a problem too. SoO you'll need some help (Galakras for example). First few bosses are doable. The enrage on Immersius doesn't really hurt that much so you can do that without a healer now (just takes a lot longer).

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    Only issue Ive had is the last boss bugging out (eg. not being able to even start the encounter).
    In normal mode, you start the encounter by pressing the console but in heroic mode, you start the encounter by pressing the pipes, not the console (or the opposite I don't remember)

Also keep in mind that Elegon's mount also drops in nm.

ToT is a joke on 10 man esp if you are only going to jikun. Granted my dk is like 735 I was able to do the first 6 on 25 as blood and it was very easy.
    Concerning ToT, as Jellospally said, it's pretty damn easy.
    I was able to do the first 6 bosses in 25 Heroic before the prepatch came out (only boss I had trouble with was council), I didn't try Durumu in 25HM but I wouldn't have defeat him anyway. (I was around 742 ilvl)

Actually, you can do all bosses without a high ilvl. Well, it's maybe not that true anymore : since prepatch, Durumu is buggued so you can't spawn the creatures with the beams so you have to kill the boss before it kills you, you can't apply the strat so a minimum ilvl is required (710/720 I guess)

Concerning SoO, I didn't try for a long time but I guess as blood DK you still don't have enough dps for the Sha of Pride (you have to kill him before prisons come) and even if you had enough dps, you can't make galakras fall with the canons alone (except if it got fixed but I'm pretty sure it didn't)
    Last edited by Zemask; 2016-08-06 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemask View Post
    In normal mode, you start the encounter by pressing the console but in heroic mode, you start the encounter by pressing the pipes, not the console (or the opposite I don't remember)

Also keep in mind that Elegon's mount also drops in nm.

Concerning ToT, as Jellospally said, it's pretty damn easy.
    I was able to do the first 6 bosses in 25 Heroic before the prepatch came out (only boss I had trouble with was council), I didn't try Durumu in 25HM but I wouldn't have defeat him anyway. (I was around 742 ilvl)

Actually, you can do all bosses without a high ilvl. Well, it's maybe not that true anymore : since prepatch, Durumu is buggued so you can't spawn the creatures with the beams so you have to kill the boss before it kills you, you can't apply the strat so a minimum ilvl is required (710/720 I guess)

Concerning SoO, I didn't try for a long time but I guess as blood DK you still don't have enough dps for the Sha of Pride (you have to kill him before prisons come) and even if you had enough dps, you can't make galakras fall with the canons alone (except if it got fixed but I'm pretty sure it didn't)
    On normal u press the console and on heroic u break the pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    As a blood DK all of them for the most part.. I recommend at lease 40k dps on the troll boss in MSV but you shouldn't have too much issues soloing it.

I solo it weekly on my ret and just started doing it on my frost DK and Warlock.

I had a brain fart and was just thinking of MSV. You should be able to solo most of HoF,ToT (up to Durumum) and all of MSV and maybe the first 4 of SoO.

The first boss is a bitch and Sha is near impossible.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-06 at 10:47 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Jin'Rokh no longer despawns in combat.

As a Druid pre 7.0, I found that Ji-Kun and Horridon heroic were easy to down. The hardest fight among the first 6 was Council - You have to burn through Malaak so you don't get hit by the long-ass stun, you have to burn through Marli so she doesn't kill you with the death spirit, and Sand dude constantly roots you in sand. Doable on 10 man as Feral, and Dks should be able to down it as Blood after patch. Horridon 10 heroic is a bit challenging - Ensure that you take as few hits as possible from the zombies, as a high-stacking disease hurts. Ji-Kun heroic is a piece of cake.

Note that supposedly the drop chance for mounts are 3x as high on heroic compared to normal. Ji-Kun and Elegon are easy, Horridon is tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Jin'Rokh no longer despawns in combat.

As a Druid pre 7.0, I found that Ji-Kun and Horridon heroic were easy to down. The hardest fight among the first 6 was Council - You have to burn through Malaak so you don't get hit by the long-ass stun, you have to burn through Marli so she doesn't kill you with the death spirit, and Sand dude constantly roots you in sand. Doable on 10 man as Feral, and Dks should be able to down it as Blood after patch. Horridon 10 heroic is a bit challenging - Ensure that you take as few hits as possible from the zombies, as a high-stacking disease hurts. Ji-Kun heroic is a piece of cake.

Note that supposedly the drop chance for mounts are 3x as high on heroic compared to normal. Ji-Kun and Elegon are easy, Horridon is tricky.
    Yeah I went into ToT and wiped the floor with Jin'rokh and horridon, but couldn't get past council. That sandtrap starts to hurt a lot, even as blood (well, I'm just blood in DPS gear,) and unless you get intensely lucky with the shadow spirits (Mar'li would always activate second, and would always spawn the shadow spirits right on top of me) it seems like a complete crapshoot.

Also, do you have a source on the heroic drop chance thing? I don't believe I've ever heard that anywhere.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I went into ToT and wiped the floor with Jin'rokh and horridon, but couldn't get past council. That sandtrap starts to hurt a lot, even as blood (well, I'm just blood in DPS gear,) and unless you get intensely lucky with the shadow spirits (Mar'li would always activate second, and would always spawn the shadow spirits right on top of me) it seems like a complete crapshoot.

Also, do you have a source on the heroic drop chance thing? I don't believe I've ever heard that anywhere.
    Wowhead lists the mount drop rates for all 3 as 3.3% on heroic, 1.1% on normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wowhead lists the mount drop rates for all 3 as 3.3% on heroic, 1.1% on normal.
    The Ji-kun mount drop chance might be skewed for the 25 heroic and 25 normal; the sample size is less than a thousand kills for both of them. And according to it, the 25 normal also has a supposedly higher droprate than 10 man heroic. Horridon is much the same way; it only has 330 kills for a sample size for it's 10 man heroic droprate.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

My ilvl is 728 or something I almost one shot all bosses but, stone guard as a uholy. Probaly blood wont have any problem

Deleted

Why do you do it on 25? And how did you go about Council?

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Why do you do it on 25? And how did you go about Council?
    25 drops more loot/gold.

If you're doing Council 25N, then the first boss (Malakk) can be bursted down with ring as it has only 5.2M health or so. Once a boss is dead, the encounter is very straightforward from thereon. Make sure that you're using the March of the Damned talent that allows Wraith Walk to break roots, and AMS the Quicksand casts that Wraith Walk isn't up for.

25H Council was fairly challenging before the patch especially pre-ilevel upgrades considering that the bosses can't be burst down - you'd want to focus on 2 of them (not Mar'li) aside from the empowered one of course. Back then you'd need a minor CD for each stun; I'm not sure how that'd work out nowadays?

Aside from that, the difficult/impossible bosses on 25H would be Durumu (bugged), Dark Animus, and Ra-den.

Most importantly the mounts have higher drop rates on heroic/25, highest obviously on 25hc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."