Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Multistrike does give both damage and defensive bonus for every tank spec. For few specs it isn't great, but still exists (defensive part).

No need to get Forgotten Kings drums as Monk's do 5% stats themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

^ I always forget that. Used to forget in 2s back in the day too.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Quote Originally Posted by JimSolo View Post
    Killing 10 normal of MSV/ToT should pretty easily fall with any gear. Heroic as BrM you may want some mastery if you're worried about survival. Honestly though, with the lack of ability to change statting after Mists, any gear should pretty well do it. You would have to focus a little bit on what you use if you were wanting to kill Mythic/25H bosses but it's all down to drop RNG anyway. Item level is the deciding factor these days, not stat priority.
    Bolded the important part. I'm looking to clean up Heroics for achievements and raid metas, so that's useful info. Thanks
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

@Wannoob:

Since you mentioned in your latest video that it is possible to bring trash mobs through elevators, does that mean that Beastlord/Flamebender/Thogar or even the other 3 bosses (Furnace, Maiden, Blackhand) are possible?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Bolded the important part. I'm looking to clean up Heroics for achievements and raid metas, so that's useful info. Thanks
    How useful it is is probably questionable tbh, I know the class well but not the intricate workings of the spec in terms of its reaction to secondary stats. If you want to know exactly what to build (as best you can) for each boss, PM Wan, he always seems willing to answer things and has probably done more to that poor panda of his than all other monks combined xD
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    @Wannoob:

Since you mentioned in your latest video that it is possible to bring trash mobs through elevators, does that mean that Beastlord/Flamebender/Thogar or even the other 3 bosses (Furnace, Maiden, Blackhand) are possible?
    * Beastlord is already possible without the Soulcap trick at the pull. I'm working on it and it takes quite A LOT of attempts, as the timing, and the encounter itself are pretty tense.

* Flamebender is probably doable using this trick.
    * Thogar should be, also.
    But I'm not 100% sure about these two.

Now, regarding the 3 last bosses:
    - I don't have datas on Iron Maidens, so I can't answer yet.
    - Blast Furnace might be the most difficult encounter of Blackrock Foundry. I already gave a few attempts upon it, and I must admit that the boss is insanely tense regarding timing. This is clearly a clusterfucker, especially when the 2nd phase is starting.
    - I don't think that Blackhand is doable, even with the trick. Management in P2 and damages in P3 being the main difficulties. I'll probably give a few attempts to reach the P3 when WoD will be at its closing point.

@Veredyn:

Most of the bosses from MoP don't require that much gear. With 685, you should already be able to clean approximately 80% of the content from MoP raids, in 10H difficulty. With 710+ ilvl, more than 95%.
    Concerning the achievements that you may be seeking for while soloing, some of them are clearly trivialized (the one from Iron Juggernaut by jumping on 6 superheated mines), while others remain impossible (the one from the Fallen Protectors in SoO by throwing the mark on allies). So Soloing won't allow you to do ALL the achievements, even though it may remove some annoying ones

Deleted
    Im wondering what MoP content is soloable and on what difficulty because i want some of the sets from there, only 690 ilvl on my monk tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    Im wondering what MoP content is soloable and on what difficulty because i want some of the sets from there, only 690 ilvl on my monk tho
    Look at the post right above you Denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    @Veredyn:

Most of the bosses from MoP don't require that much gear. With 685, you should already be able to clean approximately 80% of the content from MoP raids, in 10H difficulty. With 710+ ilvl, more than 95%.
    Concerning the achievements that you may be seeking for while soloing, some of them are clearly trivialized (the one from Iron Juggernaut by jumping on 6 superheated mines), while others remain impossible (the one from the Fallen Protectors in SoO by throwing the mark on allies). So Soloing won't allow you to do ALL the achievements, even though it may remove some annoying ones
    It's more the Heroic kill achievements I'm after; the rest of the mess I have a couple friends who are interested in as well, but they're rarely on due to real life commitments. That being said, will any high ilvl gear do? BrM's stat priority is virtually the reverse of WW so my gear is in absolutely no position to actually get shit done if I need proper BrM gear.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It's more the Heroic kill achievements I'm after; the rest of the mess I have a couple friends who are interested in as well, but they're rarely on due to real life commitments. That being said, will any high ilvl gear do? BrM's stat priority is virtually the reverse of WW so my gear is in absolutely no position to actually get shit done if I need proper BrM gear.
    Then... as we only refer the mention Heroic as Heroic 10 players:
    MSV Heroic = 670 ilvl
    HoF Heroic = 680 ilvl for 4 first / 725+ and Soul Capacitor for H Amber'Shaper / 710 ilvl for Shek Zeer
    ToES Heroic = 680 ilvl for 3 first / 730+ for Heroic Sha of Fear

ToT Heroic = 700ilvl / 710+ for Heroic Durumu and Ra-den (hard, so better do with higher ilvl)

For Heroic SoO, well just 700+ to ensure everything except Sha of Pride (720+ and Soul Cap) and Galakras (impossible).

The colors are just here to put estimations. Sha of Fear Heroic and Ra-den Heroic would be infinitely easier with some help.
    I'm putting a margin of approximately +20ilvls from the gear I had when I dealt with the bosses, in order to ensure easier feasibility.

About stats:
    Crit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Versa for maximizing the DPS.
    Mastery > Crit > Haste = Versa > Multistrike for maximizing the Survival.
    But honestly, just play with what you prefer. The DPS and Survival differences aren't that big when we're dealing with MoP raids. What matters is mainly the ilvl.

Deleted
    To bring back life to this sinking thread, here are the recent soloing' achievements:

- Beastlord Darmac NM
    - Heroic Tectus
    - Heroic Kromog
    - Dark Animus 25H
    - Primordius/Iron Qon/Twin Consorts 25H (those are relatively easy, in comparison with the rest)
    - Lei Shen 25 HC (extremely difficult)

And the new one:

Boss died right after enraging (which is a good thing, because the enrage is really REALLY NOT survivable!).
    Ra-den 25 was so tense in the numbers that it is probably somewhere among the top 5 most difficult bosses ever done!
    And to be honest, it quite fits the definition of HELL
    And I was so lucky with the last phase balls' RNG

Grats!
    By the way, will you be trying Durumu 25N/H or Amber-Shaper & Empress 25N/H?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Grats!
    By the way, will you be trying Durumu 25N/H or Amber-Shaper & Empress 25N/H?
    I'll try some of them, yes.
    + others, unknown for now
    Amber-Shaper will remain undone for both 25N and 25H diff though.

Deleted
    so is soloing with brewmaster going to die out with the removal of guard and expel harm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebbl View Post
    so is soloing with brewmaster going to die out with the removal of guard and expel harm?
    Likely, yes :<

Most Tank soloing will die out with the removal/nerfing of most self sustain abilities.... Demon Hunters and Death Knights appear to the exception, although don't follow either of those classes very closely.

I've said it before in other threads on the subject, but I do wonder if Healing specs will see some popularity for soloing. Their DPS is similar to Tanks but with a full healing toolkit. Provided they can heal through enrages while maintaining a DPS rotation, slow and steady might with the race.

Mostly looking at Mistweavers and Holy Paladins.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2016-07-24 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Most Tank soloing will die out with the removal/nerfing of most self sustain abilities.... Demon Hunters and Death Knights appear to the exception, although don't follow either of those classes very closely.

I've said it before in other threads on the subject, but I do wonder if Healing specs will see some popularity for soloing. Their DPS is similar to Tanks but with a full healing toolkit. Provided they can heal through enrages while maintaining a DPS rotation, slow and steady might with the race.

Mostly looking at Mistweavers and Holy Paladins.

Actually, I wonder the same thing. With healers damage being increased as well has having a healing kit, it might be interesting. What about the Druid? Their heal over times may make it simple to toss a couple on themselves and continue nuking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Actually, I wonder the same thing. With healers damage being increased as well has having a healing kit, it might be interesting. What about the Druid? Their heal over times may make it simple to toss a couple on themselves and continue nuking.
    i was thinking about disc priest, since they have absorbs and heal based on damage dealt

Any recent solo progress since 7.0.3?

I am finding it a lot tougher to heal through some bosses -encounters that were trivial before.

I can deal with the absence of Guard, but find it hard to self heal.

Anyone else feeling the same, or is this a design intended to hurt all tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Any recent solo progress since 7.0.3?

I am finding it a lot tougher to heal through some bosses -encounters that were trivial before.

I can deal with the absence of Guard, but find it hard to self heal.

Anyone else feeling the same, or is this a design intended to hurt all tanks?
    The dark times brighten a little with the artifact and 7-10 times the health pool.