Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Sexually harassed at work? You need to quit and find a new job instead of the perpetrator being dealt with according to Trump. Given he is good friends with Ailes and supposedly guided him in his last days at Fox this should not be a surprise. Remember this the next time he blathers on about supporting women. h/t Garnier Fructis.

Trump's latest controversy: He'd hope Ivanka would quit if harassed at work

The latest controversy surrounding Donald Trump has blown up on social media, and it's not about taxes or his comments about a fallen Muslim soldier.

It's about women's rights in the workplace — or, more specifically, about how Trump would react if his own daughter, Ivanka Trump, experienced the kind of sexual harassment that Ailes allegedly inflicted on multiple female employees while he was Fox News CEO.

Ailes, 76, has resigned since several Fox News employees reported being harassed by Ailes, from former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson to star Megyn Kelly.

USA TODAY's Kirsten Powers asked the GOP presidential nominee in an interview last week, "What if someone had treated Ivanka in the way Ailes allegedly behaved?"

His response? “I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case."

It was startling, she said, "even by Trumpian standards."

Powers isn't the only one questioning Trump's defense of Ailes. Laura Bassett of The Huffington Post wrote that while Trump might find it "very sad" that these women have complained about Ailes, "what is even more sad is Trump’s failure to realize that when men with authority abuse their power, it too often entrenches a culture of fear, silence and powerlessness."

Others questioned why Trump suggested the onus would be on Ivanka in such a scenario.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...31lsJ7LgjNSigw
    This is absolutely hilarious coming from the man who attempted to sue an artist for depicting him with a small penis.

Perhaps he should instead follow his own advice, and pursue a different career in which such a thing is less likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbo View Post
    The public didn't even know what TPP was until Donald...Hillary had to publicly change her stance once the details were revealed on primetime. He has already stood up against the establishment and made an impact...more than Hillary who had to change her tune.

We can build walls all over the country just not along the most abused sections of our southern border? Try flying into the US without a passport or carrying drugs, or weapons, or with a criminal record...but walking across our border is OK? Selectively choosing which laws to enforce is OK?

Whenever you try to fight the norm you stir the hornet's nest--that is because real change usually comes at a price. I don't agree with Obama's politics, but he did stand up to the critics and to the Clinton Machine and he won. The superdelegates ensured that would not happen again, so Bernie got crushed. The Repubs will likely do the same to ensure a Donald never comes again.

I believe Donald say F-U to globalist on my behalf, that is why he gets my vote. To each their own. I am out, I am sorry I interrupted the Trump Rage Thread. Please continue.

Do you seriously belive you'll build a wall to mexico?

As I said, I am not a fan of how the Us election system works, but Trump is far from the solution.

And in regards to Donalds "antiglobalism", you're beeing fooled.

It's honestly concerning how you ignore how Trump is willing to re-introduce torture and commit war-crimes, and you seemingly do not care, it's not really a Trump rage thread, the guy is just such a fool and you're apparently incapable of putting up a proper reason for voting for him, other than "Globalism" and then ignore all the ludicrous shit that comes out of his mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I also watched a video of how the Muslim man and his wife who made the emotional speech about the lost of their son, is a lawyer working for the Clinton Foundation and works to get more Muslims into the US. So Trump may have hit a gold nerve with him. This does not negate Trump's insensitive response to them. He certainly messed up. But it does shed more light on the situation for myself.
    How? they still lost their son, they could be working for Putin and it wouldnt have changed their situation, or the fact that Trump have said that people like their son, should be on a register.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2016-08-02 at 12:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

How? they still lost their son, they could be working for Putin and it wouldnt have changed their situation, or the fact that Trump have said that people like their son, should be on a register.
    Just sheds some more light on other possible motives for him to have wanted to make that speech. And his son would not have had to registered anyway, he was a US citizen. Trump's restriction on Muslims would only apply to non US citizens trying to enter the country. And it would only be a temporary one until we develop more successful ways to screen them.

It's not that Trump said he will build a wall, it's the fact he claimed he will make Mexico pay for it. Same guy who gets sued all the time because he is king of breaking contracts. At some point you will get immune to his outrageous comments like this is single most important vote anyone will ever cast or he is the only guy who can fix everything. Surely God has cornered that market?

- - - Updated - - -

Just sheds some more light on other possible motives for him to have wanted to make that speech. And his son would not have had to registered anyway, he was a US citizen. Trump's restriction on Muslims would only apply to non US citizens trying to enter the country. And it would only be a temporary one until we develop more successful ways to screen them.
    If only we can temporarily stop him from tweeting. That might just kill him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    It's not that Trump said he will build a wall, it's the fact he claimed he will make Mexico pay for it. Same guy who gets sued all the time because he is king of breaking contracts. At some point you will get immune to his outrageous comments like this is single most important vote anyone will ever cast or he is the only guy who can fix everything. Surely God has cornered that market?

- - - Updated - - -

If only we can temporarily stop him from tweeting. That might just kill him!
    You may be like many others and not understand what he means when he says Mexico will pay for the wall. Here is a hint, " It is not like the US sends them the bill and they pay for it. " You can make someone pay for doing something by indirect ways.

Lol! Yeah, he loves to twitter. But apparently it worked well for him during the primary and is costing him a lot less then than TV adds.

Sam Harris did a great piece on Trump. I agree with him on almost every point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

You may be like many others and not understand what he means when he says Mexico will pay for the wall. Here is a hint, " It is not like the US sends them the bill and they pay for it. " You can make someone pay for doing something by indirect ways.
    US foreign aid to Mexico is $420 million a year. CNBC estimates that Trump's wall would cost $15 to $25 billion. So obviously eliminating foreign aid wouldn't come anywhere close to paying for the wall.

Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbo View Post
    Registered just to reply to this thread. A lot of hate going towards a man taking on the system! Taking on the system was what made America great in the first place!

The DNC/Clinton Machine, Globalist, and even the RNC are the system. Donald has taken a giant turd in their kool-aid.

Everything is rigged against Donald...yet here stands this non-PC New Yorker giving them all the middle finger! And people are reminded that what made America great was the pioneering spirit. The "don't tell me how to think, what to do, or what I can/cannot say" attitude. Rise up friends, join Trump in giving the global elitist the largest F-U in modern history!
    "Giving the finger" to the system and abusing the system is the same thing to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    US foreign aid to Mexico is $420 million a year. CNBC estimates that Trump's wall would cost $15 to $25 billion. So obviously eliminating foreign aid wouldn't come anywhere close to paying for the wall.

Nice try though.
    So where did I mention foreign aid?

Try again.

So where did I mention foreign aid?

Try again.
    Then do enlighten as us to how you think Trump will pull this money from his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then do enlighten as us to how you think Trump will pull this money from his ass.
    I will give you a hint. What is the trade deficit with Mexico?

7+ Year Old Account
    I will give you a hint. What is the trade deficit with Mexico?
    I'll give you a hint - that's not the way trade deficits work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    PolitiFACT. They back up their conclusions with studies and quotes.
    Reality does seem to have a slightly liberal bias.
    The opposite, really. Statistics are often "racist"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They're a fact-checking group.

If your claim is that facts are a democrat "liberal" conspiracy against you, well, that says everything I could ask for.
    Uhuh.

http://i.imgur.com/Lhn3Rn2.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I'll give you a hint - that's not the way trade deficits work.
    I will give you a hint. I put on a metal roof and it was expensive. But in time I will get the money back and then start to actually gain some by the savings. The metal roof is going to pay for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will give you a hint. I put on a metal roof and it was expensive. But in time I will get the money back and then start to actually gain some by the savings. The metal roof is going to pay for it.
    That makes no sense. How is a "wall" going to mess with the trade deficit with Mexico? A wall isn't going to make Mexican goods more or less desirable. A wall isn't going to affect the business practices of businesses who sell items from Mexico.

You show a disturbing lack of knowledge on how basic economy actually works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post

Uhuh.

http://i.imgur.com/Lhn3Rn2.jpg

That gif doesn't disprove anything. Just throwing a bunch of pictures up doesn't disprove that reality has a liberal bent.

That's not how any of this works.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...ay-wall-becau/

Donald Trump says Mexico can afford to build a wall because the country's trade deficit with America is billions of dollars. We rate this statement False.

There's those facts with a liberal bias again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    That makes no sense. How is a "wall" going to mess with the trade deficit with Mexico? A wall isn't going to make Mexican goods more or less desirable. A wall isn't going to affect the business practices of businesses who sell items from Mexico.

You show a disturbing lack of knowledge on how basic economy actually works.
    It is not hard to understand. Money saved, is more money in your pocket. Do you really not see how a trade surplus would give more Americans more money ( more jobs ) than a trade deficit? Mexico is absolutely benefiting from the same concept you are arguing against. lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is not hard to understand. Money saved, is more money in your pocket. Do you really not see how a trade surplus would give more Americans more money ( more jobs ) than a trade deficit? Mexico is absolutely benefiting from the same concept you are arguing against. lol.
    You're dodging the question. How does this wall change affect the trade deficit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    They do if you remove the context of poverty, odd. But that can't have any relevance, especially with how if you account for poverty, the crime rate of poor whites is comparable to other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how any of this works.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...ay-wall-becau/

Donald Trump says Mexico can afford to build a wall because the country's trade deficit with America is billions of dollars. We rate this statement False.

There's those facts with a liberal bias again.
    Of course they rate it as false. But the US is certainly in a world of hurts from trade deficts and the working class is feeling it.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/tradep...de_deficit.htm

Choose not to believe it or not. Your choice. But the poor economy is the major concern on the minds of many Americans and if Trump wins, it will play a major role in his victory.