Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    - Warriors not getting Shalamayne as artifact
    - Warrior class order hall
    - Fury

Rerolling to something else now...
    Shalamayne was wielded by King Varian Wrynn. The leader of the Alliance. it would not make any sense if a Horde toon could wield it.
    And what is wrong with Fury? I think the spec is in the best shape it's ever been. WoD Fury was garbage.
    Also, the Warrior class hall looks amazing. You're going to friggin' Valhalla, for crying out loud.

You're really clutching at straws to find things to complain about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I see crappy whine posts all the time about Legion for various reasons.. but if you had to pick one reason or one problem, what is the biggest one going into Legion?

Will this problem keep you from playing the game?

Why is this a problem for you?

For me, I really can't think of anything that I have a problem with going into Legion. I am in beta and it seems very polished with where it's at. The classes feel varied and interesting and the content... there's almost too much content to consume. It's going to take players a very long time to do everything there is to do in Legion.
    Biggest problem is people like you, posting irrelevant things while the expansion is not even out yet.

I see 3 major problems:

1. World Quests offer nice gear when you are starting and have a fresh 110 character. But if you raid normal, heroic or mythic all that is left are Artifact upgrades and things to make gold (crafting materials) or direct gold. There should be important reasons to do World quests or they will become irrelevant just like the whole WoD world became after you found all treasures and did the questlines there.

2. World Quests look great and feel great at first - but I feel they will turn into a chore just like the many MoP dailys did. I hope there will be some dynamic events in the future that makes entering the world interesting and with some new stuff to experience and not "Oh the artifact quest where you kill 20 naga" again and again.

3. Very random itemlevels and the rng dropping legendaries will cause major differences between raids and raid members based on LUCK. That's not good and creates bad feelings.

RNG is like salt in a soup. Without RNG all becomes stale and predictable. A little bit makes you want more. Too much RNG and it isn't fun anymore since your effords don't reflect your reward anymore.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-08-02 at 04:15 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

1) Max Cam (but ill get use to it)
    2) Its not out yet
    3) How they are handling flying, Seems to be the WOD style again..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Because this looks like a WoD 2.0
    It looks nothing like WoD 2.0. Shut the fuck up!
    There is actually stuff to do in Legion compared to WoD.

working set and raid trinkets in mythic+

Deleted
    No flying even after completing the first part of Legion Pathfinder. Even the existence of a 2nd step of pathfinder is an insult, because no flying is nothing more than tedium, as if there is not enough grind and gating in this game already.

Not sure how alt-unfriendly the artifact and class campaigns will be. Also, how much time will it take to progress in professions - especially since professions will probably be a time-waste because you probably will get better loot faster from dungeons.

Also, why have I to do PvP for crafting upgrades? I never understood why a PvE activity is constantly tied to PvP, like the only crafted max level sets before buying reputation patterns in MoP being pvp only. I am forced to do something I don't like, and the PvP players around me are salty because some "PvE carebear" is "ruining" their experience in PvP.

Generally, too much RNG in gear upgrades. If I would be into this kind of game, I would be playing Diablo.

Mythic till 20m only.
    Flying WoD style not available at start of expansion.

My 2 biggest issues with WoD and neither of them changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    World Quests look great and feel great at first - but I feel they will turn into a chore just like the many MoP dailys did.
    There is a much greater variety of quests this time. It won't be like MoP where you're saving Lao Softfoot from his cage every single day. Plus the system is ripe for expanding upon in later content patches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitm View Post
    This is a huge concern for me as well, and so far in the beta, I've gotten two research notes which has basically done nothing to speed up the process. I can only obtain them every few days and at this rate, it seems like it's going to be extremely slow.

Do note that I've had zero issues with the artifact power gain until the brick wall you hit (you'll know when this wall is - trust me). It just seems weird and the sense of artifact progression abruptly stops. Not a fan of that at all, but I realize they're just doing it to prolong your time played in this expansion,
    I don't really get your concern. Like, i know that the artifact gain is slow, but it is slow across the board. Nobody is getting really ahead of other people, so we are all balanced around its slow progression. This system will just make it so, that you won't sit in Dalaran all day, because you have nothing productive to do. With AP, you will always have something productive to do, even though it is only minor progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    There is a much greater variety of quests this time. It won't be like MoP where you're saving Lao Softfoot from his cage every single day. Plus the system is ripe for expanding upon in later content patches.
    Just to be cynical here, Blizzard have not really been good at expanding on good system in its starting expansion. There is a chance, that they will just leave the amount of WQ be and just let the community burn out on it. No matter how many WQ there are atm, there is a point in the future, where we are going to see a lot of repeated things.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

For me right now are the Diablo like legendary, they talk about preventing long bad luck streaks and how you can "target" the item you want, but i honest no holding my breath, i'm expecting these to be a big source of unnecessary frustration.

Deleted
    Feral doesn't do AoE dmg. This is my only Legion problem. If this is solved im super happy with legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    My understanding is that doesn't work, saving the artifact consumable that is.
    After looking around, you're right. So this just makes the situation even worse for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    No matter how many WQ there are atm, there is a point in the future, where we are going to see a lot of repeated things.
    Yeah, well, you can say that about everything in the game. What people are asking for is an infinite supply of content, which is a physical impossibility.
    No matter how good or diverse a game is, there will be a point where there is repetition. That's the fact of the matter.
    At least with this system, it looks like there will be less repetition compared to previous expansions. Especially WoD.

Removal of Challenge Modes (Mythic+ is not the same) and the reduction of the max camera zoom. Apart from that it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire35 View Post
    Legion looking good. We'll see what content droughts there are, though.

If I had to pick a problem with Legion its making a hunter spec melee. I don't main a hunter. But did they even make a poll asking if people wanted that change? Seems like a pretty big deal to completely gut out a ranged spec like that. I dunno. Just doesn't sit right with me yet lol. Maybe you guys can clarify for me.
    A melee option for a hunter has been asked for pretty frequently.

Personally, hunters lost the script during Wrath starting with changes to ammo and pets, and aside from switching to focus, have steadily gotten worse with each revamp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I really wish they would stop adding more "new gameplay" as you call it. The problem with this type of stuff is that if you don't like it, it's zero value to you. So dev's spend time on this kind of stuff and for most players to whom this doesn't appeal, they see less content. Resources are spent on these new things that are by and large flops every time. What new type of content has had widespread appeal since TBC?

Dungeons and raids and quests are where people spend their time; not pet battles, not archeology, not challenge modes, not brawlers guild. I think world quests will be positive and are somewhat new content; as you say, they are really just like daily quests in a new wrapper. I think artifacts are the right way to go, as they provide meaningful progression after level cap. They are substantially different from legendary quests which were heavily gated.
    When it comes to raids/dungeons, while i agre, that they should make a lot more of it, they can very easily make too much content in that area. The game needs content in the areas, which apeal to different playerbases, like Brawlers guild, professions and mini games, since it gives a break from the party-format. I have personally consumed all the content, which you have mentioned and it has keept me occupied for many days of playtime, and from what i can see when i fly/walk around, then i am not the only 1 consuming these features. Also, i think that Brawlers Guild was a thing, which had widespread appeal when it came out. Nearly all normal+ guilds used it to compete within.

If blizzard made ALOT more quests, then i could live with a large reduction in these "new gameplay" additions. But one of the big problems about WoD, was among others, that there was very little added to these "new gameplays". The brawlers guild was reused, the pet battle system still used things from MoP, the archeology was really shitty, since the system was a lot worse then in MoP and there was really not added anything new, like the Thunder Isle Treasure Run. You might say, that these features are not being used by the majority of players, but i think that aslong as they make enough of it, there will be enough niches for everybody.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Shalamayne was wielded by King Varian Wrynn. The leader of the Alliance. it would not make any sense if a Horde toon could wield it.
    Yet Doombringer, an exclusive Horde lore weapon, is available to Alliance.
    Also, the Warrior class hall looks amazing. You're going to friggin' Valhalla, for crying out loud.
    That's the thing. You're in Valhalla. It's not an order hall. There are no heroes of your class order there either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You mean tons of regular quests parading as world quests once again, right? That's typical Legion BS. Creative counting.

"Profession revamp", LOL. Recipes obtained via quests and all recipes tiered. Quite a revamp. Totally different. It's a minor addition. I mean, thanks for that, it's something, but it's very little something. A new profession would be way more content. Oh, I forgot, they aren't adding these things now, they are removing them (no glyphs). All for greater good, no doubt.
    World quests is a new concept where you can see specific quests pop up in the world, and then do them with your friends, randoms or alone. Everyone gets them at the same time. They range from slay 10 minions, to kill rares, bosses, dungeon bosses, pvpe and pvp quests.

They have keen differences from normal quests, as per usual you just want to bash and ignore the facts though.

The professions did get a revamp. Its a completely new team working on them. They feel better.

You are always so salty lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yo but hord paladins wielding ashbringer is cool brah

maybe you can not read or something but the fucking thing has a giant L on it for Lorderon
    The difference is that Ashbringer was wielded by the head of a class order comprised of races of both factions, and therefore is faction/race-agnostic, being passed down to successive Highlords. Shalamayne is the weapon of a faction/racial leader, and as such would only be passed to that leader's successor within the same faction/race.