Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    perfectly said, esp the part I bolded.
    I still play wow only because of raids.

I have a group of friends on a TS where we play a lot of games, wow is only 1 of them.

My online social circle would survive without wow.

I guess since "They stay because of the people they meet and hang out with" was the argument, my point makes it invalid? Since he basicly wrote everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I still play wow only because of raids.

I have a group of friends on a TS where we play a lot of games, wow is only 1 of them.

My online social circle would survive without wow.

I guess since "They stay because of the people they meet and hang out with" was the argument, my point makes it invalid? Since he basicly wrote everyone.
    Actually you would be proving my point. You have a group of people you play with, you may bounce around games but you play because of the people. Would you play WoW without them or rather for very long? I'm going to guess the answer would be no.

Trust me, have the same type of thing, we bounce around or migrate with one another from game to game. Almost all of them I met on an MMO though.

I stuck with WOD as long as I did because of the gold, because I knew with Legion my friends would be back. I didn't make many more friends though, because the content I had time for currently didn't require it ( basically anything above normal raids).

You like to raid, but raiding is a people system. You work through something harder with a common group of people. Keep in mind I'm excluding LFR in this thought, as it really is just a large queue able 5 man.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2016-08-01 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Many of the QoL changes and systems are better than what was in Vanilla, but the back bone of a good MMO is not it's systems. It's one of the reasons they have struggled with retention rates over the last several years.
    WoW has always struggled with player retention however during Classic it was taking advantage of a largely untapped market and losses were masked by the massive amount of new players.

Does anyone know how I can get the classic WoW client to work? I keep getting this error:

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get the classic WoW client to work?
    This is not a support forum for private servers. Nostalrius was taken down for legal reasons. We are allowed to discuss the concept but not support breaking Blizzard's TOS/EULA.

The classic client does not work with the current version of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Actually you would be proving my point. You have a group of people you play with, you may bounce around games but you play because of the people. Would you play WoW without them or rather for very long? I'm going to guess the answer would be no.

Trust me, have the same type of thing, we bounce around or migrate with one another from game to game. Almost all of them I met on an MMO though.

I stuck with WOD as long as I did because of the gold, because I knew with Legion my friends would be back. I didn't make many more friends though, because the content I had time for currently didn't require it ( basically anything above normal raids).

You like to raid, but raiding is a people system. You work through something harder with a common group of people. Keep in mind I'm excluding LFR in this thought, as it really is just a large queue able 5 man.
    yes i would. I often raid without them. And as i said, i dont play wow cus of them. I play wow to raid

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is worth noting that the thousands Blizzard spent bringing the Nost crew to Irvine is likely to have been far less costly than it would have been to bring legal action against them. So I would not read too much into it.
    It also generated a good deal of interest in the topic of Legacy.

The interest may sub-sequentially spark life into Legions, but once folks realize it's not a return to their roots (i.e. better than what WoD was supposed to be), there will be ramifications. That is, if those folks buy into the concept of Legions making WoW, "WoW again", with all the nerfed classes, linear dungeons, single player hero status, single player game, and servers that really aren't servers at all.

It will slip to a new low. Blizzard isn't reporting numbers, and Mike Morhaime sold a majority of stock. It doesn't look like a good time to play anything other than a proven great time - Legacy.

Speaking of spending though, if Blizzard just would release Legacy, this would be a non-issue. Yet they continue to drag their feet, while hobbyists run game servers from their basements. It's nice that the programmers all want credentials for better jobs and want experience with complex tasks, but Blizzard is a business, and they should sometimes tell employees to revert back to obsolete technology if they would like to keep their jobs. I've known many companies that hire specifically based on older tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It also generated a good deal of interest in the topic of Legacy.

The interest may sub-sequentially spark life into Legions, but once folks realize it's not a return to their roots (i.e. better than what WoD was supposed to be), there will be ramifications. That is, if those folks buy into the concept of Legions making WoW, "WoW again", with all the nerfed classes, linear dungeons, single player hero status, single player game, and servers that really aren't servers at all.

It will slip to a new low. Blizzard isn't reporting numbers, and Mike Morhaime sold a majority of stock. It doesn't look like a good time to play anything other than a proven great time - Legacy.

Speaking of spending though, if Blizzard just would release Legacy, this would be a non-issue. Yet they continue to drag their feet, while hobbyists run game servers from their basements. It's nice that the programmers all want credentials for better jobs and want experience with complex tasks, but Blizzard is a business, and they should sometimes tell employees to revert back to obsolete technology if they would like to keep their jobs. I've known many companies that hire specifically based on older tech.
    The interest was already there before the Nost crew visited Blizzard and if anything it has tailed off since.

Why would the interest in Legacy servers spark to life with Legion? It makes no sense.

Morhaime cashed in some share options, nothing more. And what does this have to do with Legacy servers?

Your last paragraph simply does not make sense. You seem to imply that Blizzard employees are acting in self interest rather than doing what is best for the company.

Whilst I am generally in favour of a Legacy service I have to say the level of hyperbole you bring to the table does nothing to forward the pro-legacy argument.

I didn't expect or particularly want Bobby Kotick and J. Allen "d d d you think you do but you don't" Brack in charge of legacy.

But you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Official Legacy Servers could be a rallying point for classic wow lovers.
    Instead of having communities spread on however many emulation projects and risking losing their characters, official legacy realms on "End of Life" support would be nice.

Many people would even sub to WoW-Diablo-Moba-facebook-whatever crap genre current retail is, if Legacy came as a perk of that sub.
    Many more would come check it out (and get hooked all over again) if it didn't come with the pirate stigma.

However everyone interested in Vanilla / BC style gameplay has long since moved on.
    There's great promising emulation projects up and coming and Nostalrius if nothing else was good publicity and an educational experience for the emulation scene.

Next batch of Legacy projects will not be 80-90% blizz-like, they will be 99% blizz-like so one of the last advantages official legacy realms could have over an emulation project is evaporating.

I'm not particularly worried about the future, Blizzard doesn't want to service our needs? Their loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    I didn't expect or particularly want Bobby Kotick and J. Allen "d d d you think you do but you don't" Brack in charge of legacy.

But you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Official Legacy Servers could be a rallying point for classic wow lovers.
    Instead of having communities spread on however many emulation projects and risking losing their characters, official legacy realms on "End of Life" support would be nice.

Many people would even sub to WoW-Diablo-Moba-facebook-whatever crap genre current retail is, if Legacy came as a perk of that sub.
    Many more would come check it out (and get hooked all over again) if it didn't come with the pirate stigma.

However everyone interested in Vanilla / BC style gameplay has long since moved on.
    There's great promising emulation projects up and coming and Nostalrius if nothing else was good publicity and an educational experience for the emulation scene.

Next batch of Legacy projects will not be 80-90% blizz-like, they will be 99% blizz-like so one of the last advantages official legacy realms could have over an emulation project is evaporating.

I'm not particularly worried about the future, Blizzard doesn't want to service our needs? Their loss.
    You demand more from your sub, more time and money on Blizz ends. And you say it's their loss? Sure....

Deleted
    You demand more from your sub, more time and money on Blizz ends. And you say it's their lose? Sure....
    Nobody is saying blizzard shouldn't charge an extra for legacy servers. They could even charge playing on legacy servers separately from the current wow iteration servers (in a similar way they did for the tournament server).

Modern WoW encourages grouping more than Vanilla ever did.
    The point isn't that modern wow doesn't encourage grouping. The point is the current game (its battle system) isn't suited for PVE group play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    You demand more from your sub, more time and money on Blizz ends. And you say it's their loss? Sure....
    That's what customers do, on the other hand you can play pretend "shareholder millionaire playboy" and side with the multi-billion dollar corporation.
    That's how you guarantee cut content and year+ long content droughts, that's a great strategy for sure.

And yes it's their loss when they throw away potential customers, I would sub to Legion for Legacy, I won't touch retail wow with all its cash shop goodness as it is.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-08-02 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    That's what customers do, on the other hand you can play prend "shareholder millionaire playboy" and side with the multi-billion dollar corporation.
    That's how you guarantee cut content and year+ long content droughts, that's a great strategy for sure.

And yes it's their loss when they throw away potential customers, I would sub to Legion for Legacy, I won't touch retail wow with all its cash shop goodness as it is.
    Lol god you get better every time. "The big bad company". Lol you are demanding more for what you already pay with no concrete information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Lol god you get better every time. "The big bad company". Lol you are demanding more for what you already pay with no concrete information.
    And what do you already pay for? Poor expansions lacking content? Content paches lasting for 14+ months?

I can assume that you thing you're getting all that you should content wise for your monthly sub and that's just fine in your opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    And what do you already pay for? Poor expansions lacking content? Content paches lasting for 14+ months?

I can assume that you thing you're getting all that you should content wise for your monthly sub and that's just fine in your opinion.
    As far as I am aware, I am not paying for content but access to their live servers. I get that access. I have fun on their servers. If that changed, then I would not pay. Only content I have paid for is what releases with expansions and so far I have not been disappointed minus the first tier of MoP and first tier of WoD. But guess what. I stopped playing. I cancelled my subscription to access their server, and guess what.... I stopped playing and complaining because that raid tier was not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    The point is the current game (its battle system) isn't suited for PVE group play.
    The only thing WoW does notably well is raiding and dungeons, and the current game does this far better than Vanilla or TBC. Not sure how you mean the current game "isn't suited" for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure why people exactly are against an official legacy server, made by some little side-team (if you even need a team for that at all). They won't notice a thing, their current version of WoW will go on exactly the same and those who want to play legacy have a proper way to do so. Everyone's happy. RuneScape did it right and WoW can as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Still not sure why people exactly are against an official legacy server, made by some little side-team (if you even need a team for that at all). They won't notice a thing, their current version of WoW will go on exactly the same and those who want to play legacy have a proper way to do so. Everyone's happy. RuneScape did it right and WoW can as well.
    And some of us think if this 'side team project' is a complete dumpster fire after a few months that it will harm retail WoW. I'd rather they don't make such a project happen until they are done making expansions for WoW.

You cannot sell the game which has ONE quest per THREE levels (40-42) in 2016. People are not going to waste their time grinding ugly low-pol mobs with lo-res texture and bad lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You cannot sell the game which has ONE quest per THREE levels (40-42) in 2016. People are not going to waste their time grinding ugly low-pol mobs with lo-res texture and bad lightning.
    Haha, keep trolling and you might convince a couple people that have never played vanilla.