Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shapeshifting Nerf

#showtooltip Cat Form
    /cast !Cat Form

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it they removed power shifting? We all knew that was gonna happen.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Wait really it was intentional then?

This happened a while ago, was recently put back in, by accident, in a hot fix patch... Again. Thankfully they're keeping it gone.

What's powershifting? Shifting off the GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    What's powershifting? Shifting off the GCD?
    essentially shifting from cat to cat without going anything in between to remove snares. Can use in bear or other forms as well.

What a load of shit this has been in the game forever it's a fundamental part of what makes druids druids and plays into the idea of being a feral shapeshifter

- - - Updated - - -

Powershifting is literally the defining trait of feral mobility and they just ripped it away

Deleted
    [IMG]https://abload.de/img/dealtwithitiozfl.gif[IMG]

Infracted for minor spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-08-02 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    What a load of shit this has been in the game forever it's a fundamental part of what makes druids druids and plays into the idea of being a feral shapeshifter

- - - Updated - - -

Powershifting is literally the defining trait of feral mobility and they just ripped it away
    Time to adapt to what every other class had to deal with for 12 years.

- - - Updated - - -

It was OP in bear form though. You instantly got 20 rage on every shift. So you could spend all your rage, powershift and get 20 rage back instantly. About the feral mobility thing, they want mobility overall to go down. The passives anyways. A lot of people have lost the ability to passively reduce movement speed by 50% now. Which means people need to use active buttons to slow you. This'll probably make a difference.

Well - we got 15% speed passive instead of talent. And almost every melee class has a limited access to root breaks. So Ferals are still a mile above every over class in terms of slipperiness.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    A lot of people have lost the ability to passively reduce movement speed by 50% now. Which means people need to use active buttons to slow you. This'll probably make a difference.
    This may have been their intention, but it certainly wasn't the result. I put a few hours in for Ashran yesterday, and any time that a melee who wasn't a Warrior was on me, I was almost constantly perma-slowed. The worst offender is a DK disease which lasts about 15 seconds and constantly slows, so there's no way to avoid being slowed by it.

I'm a Balance Druid, and the powershifting nerf hurts us just as much *and* we can't afford to spec for Feral Affinity for the speed boost. Added to which, having to constantly shift out of Moonkin Form and into another form really sucks, as it removes all of our offensive pressure and a good portion of our defences as well.

If the removal of powershifting is to stay, a lot of melee classes and specs need their permaslows heavily nerfing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I wasn't feeling it yesterday, maybe I missed it.

But yeah, shapeshifting nerf is here to stay, druids literally no longer have a place in PvP. They single handedly killed a whole class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    For some reason I wasn't feeling it yesterday, maybe I missed it.

But yeah, shapeshifting nerf is here to stay, druids literally no longer have a place in PvP. They single handedly killed a whole class.
    A bit dramatic there.

Can someone explain what the difference between before and after this change is? I'm not too familiar with Druids but was thinking of playing one. How is this change different from the pre patch?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Can someone explain what the difference between before and after this change is? I'm not too familiar with Druids but was thinking of playing one. How is this change different from the pre patch?
    They removed the macro exploit people were using that wasn't exactly like the old powershifting but was close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    They removed the macro exploit people were using that wasn't exactly like the old powershifting but was close.
    More then that, shape-shifting now triggers a 1.5 second cool-down on shape-shifting.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Fundamental part of druids is the ability to shapeshift into different (animal) forms, not going from cat to cat in a poof.
    Shifting out of roots is the defining trait, powershifting was just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    More then that, shape-shifting now triggers a 1.5 second cool-down on shape-shifting.
    There was always a 1.5sec gcd on shapeshifting, nothing new.

The new thing is, you get 1.5sec gcd to the form you were in when you shapeshift to human form preventing "powershifting".

Just shift to fx Bear - then back into Cat.

And powershifting was when you gained energy via a talent every time you shifted into cat. Breaking roots/snares is still there, they basically just broke the macro.

Oh, btw: Shapeshifting is now free - doesn't cost mana anymore. Major buff tbh.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Fundamental part of druids is the ability to shapeshift into different (animal) forms, not going from cat to cat in a poof.

Shifting out of roots is the defining trait, powershifting was just silly.

There was always a 1.5sec gcd on shapeshifting, nothing new.

The new thing is, you get 1.5sec gcd to the form you were in when you shapeshift to human form preventing "powershifting".
    Lappe, I have nothing but the most respect for you as a career long Druid main; that being said, I have to agree with him. As a multi-glad druid, I can't possibly see how we will be 'okay' without being able to get any ground on melee.