Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    lmao. You realize every time there's a mass shooting that there's never been a civilian shoot the bad guy down, right?

How would that get recorded into a statistic you could reference? The bad guy with gun starts killing rampage and attempts to or does shoot a victim but gets stopped before he can hit the magic mass shooting number. He doesn't get a 'projected high score' added to any report anywhere. Maybe you should look into defensive gun use reports and see that, yeah, there are a lot of cases where people successfully defend themselves or others with a gun often without even firing a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Come on now. It's Texas. You have to assume everyone is strapped. The only place where that may apply more is Alaska.
    That depends entirely on where you're at. North Texas? Sure. Austin? Lol nah. Here in the south it's not uncommon but most people don't carry all the time. Texas has varying degrees of gun culture

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand that. I went to college.

Doesn't mean anything prevented students from carrying before hand. Most colleges don't have metal detectors or strip searches for each student upon entering a class.
    Hey pop, my totally smart and cool fraternity brothers got handguns during the summer break because Texas now allows us carry inside classrooms, could I have one pleassee!!! I promise I will be responsible with them and definitely not shoot them off during tailgating this fall, and I will definitely keep it in a properly secured storage container and not in my slam-piece's purse.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    Why quote something if you haven't read the whole thing? we could have avoided this :P Never mind...
    xx
    Im not going to try to understand your thought process spread out through pages of posts. Have the presence of mind to say what you mean in a condensed format. What you are advocating here is that people cannot post a reply to something unless they have "read the whole thing". That's the stupidest thing I have read today. Thank you. Try to be in the conversation in a relevant sense. Not create a conversation or point spread out through 7 pages and then expect people to follow you because you can't condense your scatter brained logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on now. It's Texas. You have to assume everyone is strapped. The only place where that may apply more is Alaska.
    Why? There are 27 million Texas, less than a million have a ccp.

Quote Originally Posted by nakigara View Post
    How would that get recorded into a statistic you could reference? The bad guy with gun starts killing rampage and attempts to or does shoot a victim but gets stopped before he can hit the magic mass shooting number. He doesn't get a 'projected high score' added to any report anywhere. Maybe you should look into defensive gun use reports and see that, yeah, there are a lot of cases where people successfully defend themselves or others with a gun often without even firing a shot.
    Name one mass shooting prevented rather than caused by looser gun laws lmfao

That's the point I'm trying to make. You can't because no human on earth is clairvoyant. This isn't Minority Report, bruh, we can't see the crime someone may have done.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't because they oppose funding into gun violence research by the big gubmint. Besides, they have a totally conserva-scientific aggregator of lives saved with a gun, the NRA editorial pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The founding fathers never envisioned a world in which tens of thousands of handguns would be stolen from "responsible" gun owners, neither would they ever think of the unfettered access criminals, mentally-ill, and toddlers would have in contact with firearms.
    They'd have envisioned theft as the problem that needed to be solved, not gun ownership. Obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't because they oppose funding into gun violence research by the big gubmint. Besides, they have a totally conserva-scientific aggregator of lives saved with a gun, the NRA editorial pages.
    They oppose fraudulent, Orwellian defining of intentional crime as a medical problem.

We have open carry in my town, no ones getting shot, it's amazing. Although I think it would be a lot different in Chicago lol
    dude your so going to be labeled a racist now!

That's the point I'm trying to make. You can't because no human on earth is clairvoyant. This isn't Minority Report, bruh, we can't see the crime someone may have done.
    Not to mention the countless reports that DO exist showing the presence of guns halting crimes in progress. Ie robberies.

What I initially meant was shooters that were killed by victims rather than police. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey pop, my totally smart and cool fraternity brothers got handguns during the summer break because Texas now allows us carry inside classrooms, could I have one pleassee!!! I promise I will be responsible with them and definitely not shoot them off during tailgating this fall, and I will definitely keep it in a properly secured storage container and not in my slam-piece's purse.
    Well if he applies for it and passes the background check I'm sure he can no problem.

And if they goes to a tailgate party and shoots someone or something then he will go to jail and probably be fined kicked out of school.

Also that has nothing to do with the classroom. And also has nothing to do with the legality of it. What he does at a tail gate party is on him and in no way has any relation to carrying legally in a classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    That depends entirely on where you're at. North Texas? Sure. Austin? Lol nah. Here in the south it's not uncommon but most people don't carry all the time. Texas has varying degrees of gun culture
    Haha that's fair. My Uncle lives just outside of Katy and he sees it all the time I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? There are 27 million Texas, less than a million have a ccp.
    According to the Left they hand out pistols in Texas for free.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    They'd have envisioned theft as the problem that needed to be solved, not gun ownership. Obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

They oppose fraudulent, Orwellian defining of intentional crime as a medical problem.
    And theft of firearms would decrease when 300+ million firearms were in circulation? Who do you figure the founding fathers were? Wayne Lapierre?

Crime isn't a medical problem? Behavioral aspects of crime and poverty is something that should be left up to the states? Kind of like the Zika virus?

Texas denizen here, this is a bad idea. Yes, sure, an armed student has a chance to protect himself and others if a shooter is running through a school. It's also a double edged sword, said armed student under the stress of classwork and college life, just cracks one day. College is a place of learning, the only people who should have a weapon on campus is law enforcement.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Texas denizen here, this is a bad idea. Yes, sure, an armed student has a chance to protect himself and others if a shooter is running through a school. It's also a double edged sword, said armed student under the stress of classwork and college life, just cracks one day. College is a place of learning, the only people who should have a weapon on campus is law enforcement.
    What's going to be sad, yet predictable of this forum with the conservative braintrust, will be the wholesale denial of suicide by firearm as a legitimate metric of firearm violence, which will probably be the biggest consequence of this law.

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Texas denizen here, this is a bad idea. Yes, sure, an armed student has a chance to protect himself and others if a shooter is running through a school. It's also a double edged sword, said armed student under the stress of classwork and college life and just crack. College is a place of learning, the only people who should have a weapon on campus is law enforcement.
    And the guy kicking in your classroom door quoting Korn lyrics because he totally saw the 'No Guns Allowed" sign, realized it was a low level offense to have a gun on campus, and decided not to commit murder because of the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Im not going to try to understand your thought process spread out through pages of posts. Have the presence of mind to say what you mean in a condensed format. What you are advocating here is that people cannot post a reply to something unless they have "read the whole thing". That's the stupidest thing I have read today. Thank you. Try to be in the conversation in a relevant sense. Not create a conversation or point spread out through 7 pages and then expect people to follow you because you can't condense your scatter brained logic.

I thought it was quiet logical....

From what i can tell, you have read one or two pages of this thread.. find a comment and was trying to come up with a witty post or, that voice in you head telling you to correct people wont shut up untill you do.

You never once thought, ermm there's more than one page here, ill see what OTHERS have said.. if you had you would have noticed that i already had the same conversation with someone else and we cleared things up!!!!, you didn't have to search for my posts or follow me or what ever!... the point i'm making is because you were to lazy to read threw a whole thread i had to rejustfy my self again.

It isn't my fault you are lazy and little to no attention span to last more than 1 or 2 pages, the rest of the conversation was on the NEXT page!

I'm not trying to be nasty i was trying have a laugh at the irony and it was lost in translation...

Going to edit my original post so further lazy people like you aren't giving me RSI :P lol

peace x
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-08-02 at 03:16 PM.

What's going to be sad, yet predictable of this forum with the conservative braintrust, will be the wholesale denial of suicide by firearm as a legitimate metric of firearm violence, which will probably be the biggest consequence of this law.
    As opposed to suicide by whatever other means a creative and supremely depressed person can employ? Texas has bridges and high places still. Plenty of cheap rope. Hell, we give out plastic bags at the corner store if you buy two items or more. If you're convinced to end it all the means don't matter. Recognizing when people need help and giving them that help they need is more important than arguing over how they killed themselves.

ITT: Now its legal for crazy people to bring guns to class

Like they wouldn't have done it before anyways if they were that disgruntled? WTF are you people really that blind?