The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no! We can make Gold! How horrible.

I literally see no issue with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Oh no! We can make Gold! How horrible.

I literally see no issue with this.
    Obviously because you didn't bother to read anything at all, or haven't been playing WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

After dabbling a bit more myself and asking around a lot in Beta it seems that the fears were unfounded.
    Apparently the high yield gold missions are very rare, sometimes one doesn't even get any gold missions at all on one day, and most are low yield around 150-200 gold.

It seems gold value will be safe in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Obviously because you didn't bother to read anything at all, or haven't been playing WoD.
    I read it, I also played WoD. I still see no issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read it, I also played WoD. I still see no issue.
    There would have been one if they had returned to per character gold mission spam.
    As it now stands, it seems they have definitely not. So it won't be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    There would have been one if they had returned to per character gold mission spam.
    As it now stands, it seems they have definitely not. So it won't be an issue.
    It seems to only be an issue for people that think Gold has any reasonable value to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to only be an issue for people that think Gold has any reasonable value to it.
    I don't know why you're trying to argue this point. Gold has a value and a function in the game, whether you want to accept that or not.
    Whether someone who only plays a few hours a week outside of raids can afford to buy flasks, pots and runes on that gametime - for example - makes a difference.

Deleted
    WOD system sucked because it was self-sustainable and alt-intensive. It was very easy to stack a dozen of alts and keep printing gold on them. You never had to worry about garrison resources because these also came from missions. Heck, you often had too much of those and had to burn a bit on rush orders or mats in trade post.

Legion might have a fix for that just by not allowing order hall resources to be passively generated. Thus in order to keep the thing afloat you will actually need to play those alts in order to get order hall resources. This alone is a major discourager for players thinking about setting up another 12-alt free gold factory.

There will always be some hardcore nolifers that will sustain 12 alts with order halls, artefacts etc. But these players will be like <0.1% of all players, opposed to majority of WOD subcsribed players with garrisons.

Personally i would love if the whole thing didn't existed at all. But I guess Blizzard has to give people thousands of gold left and right now, to keep in line with current economy state. They cannot reward you with 20 gold per daily quest anymore when everybody around you has 500,000+ gold.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    This video explains how to make gold with the Order Hall:

Usually I love being right. This time, not so much. So, "I told ya so".

/cry

@miffy23: Did those people on beta level up their followers? The video says this level of income doesn't come until your followers are high itemlvl. Most people don't bother to do stuff like that on beta. I'm in beta and I certainly didn't do it-- I hate all this facebook game garbage.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-08-02 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Usually I love being right. This time, not so much. So, "I told ya so".

/cry

@miffy23: Did those people on beta level up their followers? The video says this level of income doesn't come until your followers are high itemlvl. Most people don't bother to do stuff like that on beta. I'm in beta and I certainly didn't do it-- I hate all this facebook game garbage.
    Yes, I specifically hit up a few people I know that have multiple characters with leveled and geared followers.
    They confirmed that those high yield missions are extremely rare, some days you don't even get any gold mission at all, and usually it's only one for a couple hundred, maybe 150-200.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Anything that would deflate the price of tokens is welcome change. I look forward to buy a year of wow for 400-500k.
    Adding money to the economy is inflationary, not deflationary. If order halls do reward tons of gold, token prices will go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding money to the economy is inflationary, not deflationary. If order halls do reward tons of gold, token prices will go up.
    They don't, that's why I updated the OP in bold.
    It's far less than it was in WoD. Nothing worth optimizing around.

The class jall doesn't generate the resource you need to send people on missions on top of the gold missions being very rare. In WoD you could get a toon in a garrison and bever do anything beyond the mossion table and make gold. Now if you don't leave for tesources you will quickly run out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They don't, that's why I updated the OP in bold.
    It's far less than it was in WoD. Nothing worth optimizing around.
    I certainly hope you're right.

@Tyrven: That was covered five or six times in the thread already. If you stock up on order hall resources and only do gold missions, they will last a very long time. So you do need to leave the garrison to get resources, but not frequently. The question is whether the reward is worth the effort. Miffy23 says no, and I hope he's right.

I certainly hope you're right.

@Tyrven: That was covered five or six times in the thread already. If you stock up on order hall resources and only do gold missions, they will last a very long time. So you do need to leave the garrison to get resources, but not frequently. The question is whether the reward is worth the effort. Miffy23 says no, and I hope he's right.
    You end up slowing that too s weapon progression so much it would only be a gold producer and not a very good one. Maybe once flight is unlocked and you can quicly fly around and snag the easy resources and snip rares. Under the current set up it would need enough leg work that most wouldn't try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Anything that would deflate the price of tokens is welcome change. I look forward to buy a year of wow for 400-500k.
    I feel bad for the people that missed out on or didn't take advanyage of the 17 to 18k tokens when they could.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It has already been demonstrated that you can get to 200% rather easily with better follower gear and the right Class Hall upgrades.

The concern right now is that if you maximize every Class Hall for that process, just like we did in WoD, that it will average out to the same kind of gold generation.

I'll say again, the main point of this thread is to figure out whether they kept the accountwide timers for lucrative missions, or whether we are back to a per character basis. This will make all the difference.
    At least there's a play time investment involved with optimizing your order hall. I had several alts at 100 that up until 6.2 only left their garrison to do quests for Harrison Jones. To build up your garrisons you only needed gold and resources. The gold was a one-time investment and the resources would come automatically through the cache and missions.

For the class order hall you'll need to do research to properly optimize it, which you'll need to do if you want to get high chances of getting the bonus reward. Unlocking everything but the final tier (extra legendary) will take just over 24k resources. And you'll also be needing them for work orders (champion equipment and troops) and to run the missions themselves.
    You'll either spend a decent amount of time playing your alt to stockpile enough resources (doing the class campaign for instance), or you'll need to do world quests every now and then. Either way it's not passive and you will run out of resources. And that's just for getting an alt ready to benefit from the missions. If you're actually planning on playing that alt you'll hemorrhage resources on artifact research and the final class hall upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said and updated, my fears are largely unwarranted. I did some research and played more myself and I'm satisfied it's all good for Legion.

Gold generation wasn't the problem. Passive generation of Garrison Resources by which to power gold generation was the problem.

Long as you're putting the work in, i've no problem with people making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You end up slowing that too s weapon progression s
    Yes, but they're alts, so that's OK. If you delay leveling your artifact for a couple months, artifact knowledge will catch you up anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they're wyping the easy gold from wod and instead make gold needing actual gameplay to be generated, while adding more ways to take gold out of the economy

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said and updated, my fears are largely unwarranted. I did some research and played more myself and I'm satisfied it's all good for Legion.
    Do you know how much raw gold you could get on avg playing 1h ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I'm glad they're wyping the easy gold from wod and instead make gold needing actual gameplay to be generated, while adding more ways to take gold out of the economy

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know how much raw gold you could get on avg playing 1h ?
    As in, out in the world? A few thousand if you haven't done any world quests that day yet.