Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Iunno, a well-timed Cata several times through the fight?

AFFLICTION is the spec that can't really do anything in this fight. "Oh, mobs spawned! I think I should cast my Seed of Corr-- ah well, nevermind, all dead".
    Same can be said for RoF or Cata, both take a few seconds do do anything.

Anyone knows if questing area matters at all concerning artifact weapons? I mean, there are quests that award runes for the weapon. Are there quests that provide "more useful" runes that we need to complete? Do you get the same no matter the region you level? Do you get the same (or about the same) amount of +artifact power items from quests no matter the region?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Same can be said for RoF or Cata, both take a few seconds do do anything.
    Cata's impact damage is pretty large, not at all similar to RoF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Anyone knows if questing area matters at all concerning artifact weapons? I mean, there are quests that award runes for the weapon. Are there quests that provide "more useful" runes that we need to complete? Do you get the same no matter the region you level? Do you get the same (or about the same) amount of +artifact power items from quests no matter the region?
    At the end of every major storyline per zone, you will get a relic (what you call "rune) for your artifact. These are pre-defined in which minor trait they are increasing and therefore, you could get a very tiny advantage of doing those zones with the best minor trait increase last as they would then have the higher item level. But since you would replace those with hc dungeon drops anyway very very soon afterwards, it does not really matter anyways.

The artifact power quest rewards are always the same when leveling (100AP without modifier). I recently had a disagreement with someone on these, though: He said that those quest items scale with your Artifact research while in your inventory. I say that they don't, only the NEW quest rewards you get are higher. He leveled much earlier (even Alpha I think) while I did my tests only a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    The artifact power quest rewards are always the same when leveling (100AP without modifier). I recently had a disagreement with someone on these, though: He said that those quest items scale with your Artifact research while in your inventory. I say that they don't, only the NEW quest rewards you get are higher. He leveled much earlier (even Alpha I think) while I did my tests only a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure I'm right
    You are right, I had the same argument a while back. The AP rewards are computed at the time you receive the item, and won't scale as your modifier increases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    You are right, I had the same argument a while back. The AP rewards are computed at the time you receive the item, and won't scale as your modifier increases.
    Do story quest (aka leveling quest) AP items even scale at all? I remember reading somewhere that leveling quest and treasure AP items do not scale, and only all the endgame rewards (so, AP items from instances, world quests, caches of all sorts etc) scale. Reason being to let people just level through the zones without worrying that doing quests or finding treasures too early would lower their AP gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Do story quest (aka leveling quest) AP items even scale at all? I remember reading somewhere that leveling quest and treasure AP items do not scale, and only all the endgame rewards (so, AP items from instances, world quests, caches of all sorts etc) scale. Reason being to let people just level through the zones without worrying that doing quests or finding treasures too early would lower their AP gain.
    There are some items that state in the tooltip that they don't scale with artifact knowledge level, not sure which exactly. But yeah, the ones that do scale have their AP number calculated as you pick them up, and that's fixed, so there's no point in holding on to the AP items and waiting until you have high artifact knowledge.

Someone has notified for Unending Resolve the CD is 1.5 min (destruction spec)? Bug?

think its intended...i doubt they would miss something like that so far in to beta

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Someone has notified for Unending Resolve the CD is 1.5 min (destruction spec)? Bug?
    It's intended. It's also reduced by 30 sec through one of the traits. UR + Dark Pact macro, alongside Soul Leech, unkillable!

Went to an instance at 104. A boss did an aoe damage. One died, two others at half life, me 100%
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Went to an instance at 104. A boss did an aoe damage. One died, two others at half life, me 100%
    Welcome to warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Welcome to warlock.
    This is why we aren't playing Mages.

So we can use that torch toy to set their corpses on fire when they die from the boss sneezing at them.

Deleted
    If our survivability is so ridiculous, filling a raid with warlocks would be optimal (even if other classes have a slightly better DPS) and nerfs are coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    If our survivability is so ridiculous, filling a raid with warlocks would be optimal (even if other classes have a slightly better DPS) and nerfs are coming?
    Stacking classes (that is, bringing more than 3-4) has never been optimal for progress, in recent memory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Stacking classes (that is, bringing more than 3-4) has never been optimal for progress, in recent memory
    This. Good luck gearing 13 warlocks, or 13 of any class, while progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Think of it more like compensation for our lack of mobility. In fact the talent choice between portal/burning rush/dark pact implies this exact line of reasoning.

You still have to respect mechanics overall, you can just afford to play a little more aggressively than others without stressing your healers. I don't think it will lead to warlock stacking, at least not based on the raid testing I've done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How much % of your total damage does Immolate do in Legion? I can't imagine that Residual Flames is not worth it over the ripper/chaos bolt traits.
    It depends on the fight and your talent set-up but suffice to say that immolate is very strong and the traits that buff it are very desirable.

I have been testing some things in the sims (i know they are still in a early tune procces), and i found something odd... Demonic Power, the proc from Grimore of Sacrifice, can be crit? I really dont see how it couldnt, but i never thought on this before... Anyone know is this is a accutare information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    I have been testing some things in the sims (i know they are still in a early tune procces), and i found something odd... Demonic Power, the proc from Grimore of Sacrifice, can be crit? I really dont see how it couldnt, but i never thought on this before... Anyone know is this is a accutare information?
    Yes it crits.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I'm a returning player and was wondering (last time for me was TBC) if there is a destuction guide available yet for the Legion Pre-Patch?