Poll: Metal

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I prefer the in-game music while playing. I don't even watch the youtube videos if they're playing other music over the top. I find it distracting.

- - - Updated - - -

You left out any poll options for how I feel. Like, "Metal is ok for some occasions, but not what I listen to while gaming."

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    We're no longer in the 90s...
    I think you meant the 80's - metal died in the 90's ... it got better though

I like metal but to think everyone listens to it is of course wrong. Metal fans might make up a bigger percentage in wow as metal has always had a close tie to fantasy in its lyrics and imagery. But the obsolute is never true thier is and always be exceptions to everything and diversity is what makes the world fun and uque

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    I think you meant the 80's - metal died in the 90's ... it got better though
    Did it die or evolve into another subsection called grunge and rap metal too? Metal is great at evolving with the times why it stays around.

Jungle/Drum and Bass mostly, but sometimes J-Rock.
    (both of which can be head bangingly good)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barks View Post
    It annoys me how people describe metal only as overly screaming and thrashing, They are missing a major, major part of the genre and sub genres. there is a plethora of metal bands that have real composed sound, with really good lyrics.

Just a few examples i could think of. However of course one's choice of music is personal reference.

I like classic rock too.

Deleted
    I have always hated e sound effects in WoW, have had them turned off pretty much constantly since about 2008.

I do listen to metal, main variations of death metal, metalcore and newer progressive bands.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've been a rock and metal fan since the beginning.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't listen to much metal. Classical, orchestral, EDM, piano covers(I will listen to a piano cover of music from any genre), or industrial rock are what I typically listen to when gaming. It tends to vary by the game or genre of game. D3 is always EDM or video game soundtracks, Castlevania/Silent Hill/Legend of Zelda(OoT and Majora's mask) are among my favorite soundtracks to grind for hours while listening to. It kind of is funny because I can't actually play Silent Hill, I'm terrible with horror games and jump-scares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Did it die or evolve into another subsection called grunge and rap metal too? Metal is great at evolving with the times why it stays around.
    Being an old-school metalhead, metal died after 1992 Throughout most of the 90's and upto the middle of the 2000's it was pretty dire in my opinion - it's picked up a lot since then though and seems very healthy now. Lots of my favourite artists from the 80's are active again, and the new wave of thrash is encouraging.

Still can't get on with most the new stuff though, but it's not aimed at me so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Being an old-school metalhead, metal died after 1992 Throughout most of the 90's and upto the middle of the 2000's it was pretty dire in my opinion - it's picked up a lot since then though and seems very healthy now. Lots of my favourite artists from the 80's are active again, and the new wave of thrash is encouraging.

Still can't get on with most the new stuff though, but it's not aimed at me so it's all good.
    That is the key with music one usually likes the music the most that came out when they were younger. To younger people I am sure they love how metal is now and that is why it sounds the way it does now it changes to fit what people like at the time. When metal started it was slow and methodical, the 80's brought "thrash" metal which was much faster and older fans were not as in to it. Then of course the industry has to make it money off of it and made hair metal for the masses. It goes in cycles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the PvP videos back on the Warcraftmovies website in vanilla and TBC used to feature some form of rock/metal music in the backround to their PVP videos. The forusm and community were full of rock fans.

Now days its a total mixture of taste. Could be just musics music tastes changing or the type of WoW community has changed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Is it Gregorian Chanting?
    i had to google this, and no, its just very diva like. i shouldn't say anymore without embarassing myself *blush*

Nope, I despise rap and metal. I listen to instrumental like Two Steps from Hell, The Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling, Andrian Van Ziegler, BrunuhVille, Future World Music, and Tartalo Music. Enya, Karliene, Blackmore's Night, or game soundtracks like The Witcher, Assassins Creed, and Darksiders I and II. Or I listen to what my seven yr old is, mainly Disney music from movies and rising stars. (Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Laura Marano..etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very picky about the metal I listen to these days. The only metal bands and artists I've consistently listened to over the years are Timo Tolkki era Stratovarius, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Circus Maximus, Pagan's mind, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Labyrinth, Wintersun, 80's/90's Marty Friedman, Joe Satriani and Jason Becker. The vast majority of the medium is generic and dull, and I can't stand it.

Pink Floyd, Muse, System of a Down and Scars on Broadway are my go-to bands most of the time I'm in the mood for music.

Huge fan of progressive metal/djent/chugging + WoW raids

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly listen to rock and metal but I also listen to trance/electronic music for when I want something to chill out to and a bit of pop and country.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Mine varies from session to session, but it mostly flips between something like this:

to:

I generally use a Pandora station set up to feed from Sabaton for the EuroMetal collection, Youtube for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I listen to mostly rap/hiphop. Most of my guildies are into rap/pop as well.
    Fresh princes of bell air guild? J/k

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I used to listen to metal when I was in my early-mid teens, but can't stand the stuff these days.

I mostly listen to whatever the hell genre this is now.
    Same here. I still listen to some metal, but not that often, I don't identify as a "Metalhead" anymore, as I grew older I learned that I was a hell of lot more than that. The need to be identified as a "metalhead" is a kid thing - it's important in high school, but after that...not so important, or shouldn't be. I know guys who are almost 50 who cling to that, and it's kind of sad.

Here's what I listen to the most, according to iTunes:

Kate Bush, Pucifer, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Elton John, Mozart, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Wildhearts, Elvis Costello, Frank Zappa, Pantera, Rush, Corrosion Of Conformity, and Simon And Garfunkle.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2016-08-02 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Same here. I still listen to some metal, but not that often, I don't identify as a "Metalhead" anymore, as I grew older I learned that I was a hell of lot more than that. The need to be identified as a "metalhead" is a kid thing - it's important in high school, but after that...not so important, or shouldn't be. I know guys who are almost 50 who cling to that, and it's kind of sad.

Here's what I listen to the most, according to iTunes:

Kate Bush, Pucifer, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Elton John, Mozart, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Wildhearts, Elvis Costello, Frank Zappa, Pantera, Rush, Corrosion Of Conformity, and Simon And Garfunkle.
    I'm 47, guess that makes me sad. And you know what? I really don't give a flying fuck - I like metal and I'm proud to say so.

I also listen to ska, punk, classical, movie soundtracks and many pop songs from my youth. But I'm still a metalhead and will be 'til the day I die.

Edit: Though I could almost let you off for liking the Wildhearts