Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do agree that using movement abilities for DPS is odd but god damn, momentum is too fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    I do agree that using movement abilities for DPS is odd but god damn, momentum is too fun!
    What's fun? The use of the movement skill or the damage buff? If it's the damage buff it could easily be given as an ability without having to sacrifice the little movement skills demon hunters possess, most mobile class my ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    What's fun? The use of the movement skill or the damage buff? If it's the damage buff it could easily be given as an ability without having to sacrifice the little movement skills demon hunters possess, most mobile class my ass.
    the problem is the last thing you want is a repeat of arms warrior.

it is much better to have the ability to control the procs rather then RNG like collosal smash in WoD which killed a very fun spec for PvE.

Whats the proper way to use demon blades - did some raid testing last night with another DH in guild using DB while I used Prepared. All other talents the same - Momentum and Fel Barrage. I could not generate enough charges to keep up with his fel barrage damage. It was quite silly actually.
    Science the shit out of it!

Noticed a small mistake. Nothing major, though.

Helm: Vigilant Bondbreaker Headdress – Assault on Violet Hold, Anub'esset
    That helm drops from Felord Betrug, not Anub'esset. Same instance.

Deleted
    it makes me wonder how much Blizzard pay attention to the community.

They said they wanted to make DB not the best in the tier because of its passive nature. Yet even with the nerf which was a few weeks now, it still is by a fair margin.

Does anyone know if the developers or whoever is in charge of these changes actually visits credible forums like mmo-champ to see the current issues surrounding classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizoral View Post
    it makes me wonder how much Blizzard pay attention to the community.

They said they wanted to make DB not the best in the tier because of its passive nature. Yet even with the nerf which was a few weeks now, it still is by a fair margin.

Does anyone know if the developers or whoever is in charge of these changes actually visits credible forums like mmo-champ to see the current issues surrounding classes.
    Far as I know they buffed DB and have yet to nerf it. They stated many times they are going to nerf it but it hasn't happen yet. I expected it to happen very soon. This week or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigwaltz View Post
    Far as I know they buffed DB and have yet to nerf it. They stated many times they are going to nerf it but it hasn't happen yet. I expected it to happen very soon. This week or the next.
    There was a hotfix nerf. Look through the blueposts, youll find it.

In response, what will inscription do for me in that post raid other than making books to switch talents? I mean I guess the same could be said for any profession because mythic dungeons yield better ilvl gear than prof. Currently. I just want to have something relevant for my raid team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's really up to how lucky you feel.

If you're looking for post-raid relevance, inscription, JC, and Alchy are always solid.

If you're not wanting to depend on luck crafting with LW can provide a nice "promised" piece that can be upgraded.
    Should have quoted first heh

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    There was a hotfix nerf. Look through the blueposts, youll find it.
    I honestly can't find the hot fix. I've scrolled all the way to post they acknowledge that demon blades was too strong in this build and they would fix it before live. I couldn't find a actual number tuning on the the talent or fury decrease. It wasn't in the one last night? I could have missed it pretty easy. I'm on my iPad any work. Could you please link ?

I don't think there was an actual anouncement that it happened...DBlades just got weaker

I believe Pawkets did the math to find the new coefficient, but this is the lower amount. It was MUCH worse before.
    It's biggest benefit now is how it interacts with Fel Barrage.

But in reality, the other two are either so niche or so bad...they'd have to make DBlades all but unusable to get it out of the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I don't think there was an actual anouncement that it happened...DBlades just got weaker

I believe Pawkets did the math to find the new coefficient, but this is the lower amount. It was MUCH worse before.
    It's biggest benefit now is how it interacts with Fel Barrage.

But in reality, the other two are either so niche or so bad...they'd have to make DBlades all but unusable to get it out of the top spot.
    Pretty much this. I went looking for the post. I feel like I read a blue post somewhere but it could have just been the acknowledgment from blizz that it's too strong. Pawkets mentioned a few times that it was already nerfed, I do remember that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Is Prepared really still that bad considering Momentum's dominance for most encounters? It seems like a 40% CD reduction on a Momentum ability + Fury generation wouldn't be that bad, but I understand it all comes down to the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Is Prepared really still that bad considering Momentum's dominance for most encounters? It seems like a 40% CD reduction on a Momentum ability + Fury generation wouldn't be that bad, but I understand it all comes down to the numbers.
    Its the interaction with Fel Barrage that Demon Blades has. Generates charges MUCH FASTER than Prepared. In aoe situations its just stupid. As I said - I could not keep up with the other DH in raids last night simply due to Barrage damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Its the interaction with Fel Barrage that Demon Blades has. Generates charges MUCH FASTER than Prepared. In aoe situations its just stupid. As I said - I could not keep up with the other DH in raids last night simply due to Barrage damage.
    Interesting. I knew it had the FB charge interaction, but didn't know it was that out of hand. Thanks for the info.

It's not as bad as I phrased it actually...just rant the sim to check

Wait...nevermind...had the settings on some odd stuff I was futzing with earlier.

One sec

It's actually pretty darn close in the patchwerk sim
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2016-08-02 at 06:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see such a small difference (~2.5%) between Chaos Blades and Fel Barrage on a ST. Not sure that it's good design, but that's excuse enough for me to be lazy and just always keep Barrage (except on Mythic progression, obviously).

Deleted
    I'm really enjoying this class in beta to the point of wanting to reroll in Legion.

My problem is all the shitty talents (imo ofc) are currently the most efficient, Bloodlet sucks compared to the other 2 talents and Demon Blades is the most bizzare ''talent'' i've ever seen it completely kills the gameplay.

I'm having a blast with Felbade and Fel mastery (just leveling) it's so mobile and the proc Felbrade is a great extra bonus for Fury building, its fast with a ton of mobility id hate to have to play a certain style that drains any fun out of the spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Personally I'd love to see Momentum last a few seconds longer for those moments where you leap back or rush forward a smidge too far and you have to run it in, you lose a second and there were times I missed hitting my target by shreds of a second because momentum wore off. Like 2 or 3 extra seconds would be AWESOME.

Also I cna't wait for Demon Blades to get nerfed. I hate just standing there auto attacking in a class that's all about movement speed and playing like a jackrabbit on meth. That's what I like about the class. I like classes that require me to spastically hit buttons and move around. This talent bores me to tears.
    Last edited by Xenyatta; 2016-08-02 at 07:01 PM.

The problem is the difference in AoE. Barrage/DB blows everything away in AoE.