Lava burst pre-cast not working?

I've been playing my elemental shaman the last few days and I noticed that the lava burst pre-cast doesn't seem to work anymore. The idea of the pre-cast (as most of you will know) is to cast Lava Burst and then cast Flame Shock, ensuring that Flame Shock is on the target when your Lava Burst arrives, making your Lava Burst a guaranteed critical strike.
    However, last few days it seems to no longer work this way for me. When opening with Lava Burst -> Flame Shock -> Lava Burst, the first Lava Burst doesn't seem to crit. When I change the opening to Flame Shock -> Lava Burst -> Lava Burst, both Lava Bursts crit.

Now shaman isn't my main, so I'm not sure if something has changed or I'm doing something wrong. Does this pre-cast still work for other people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

AFAIK that has never been the case. LvB always checked for flameshock at the time of cast finish, not when it reached the target.

It's working as intended

Ele isnt my main but Ive always been under the impression that damage is calculated the moment the cast completes, not when it lands. Debuffs are consumed on impact, which is how Mages use to cheat shatter but thats bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    I've been playing my elemental shaman the last few days and I noticed that the lava burst pre-cast doesn't seem to work anymore. The idea of the pre-cast (as most of you will know) is to cast Lava Burst and then cast Flame Shock, ensuring that Flame Shock is on the target when your Lava Burst arrives, making your Lava Burst a guaranteed critical strike.
    However, last few days it seems to no longer work this way for me. When opening with Lava Burst -> Flame Shock -> Lava Burst, the first Lava Burst doesn't seem to crit. When I change the opening to Flame Shock -> Lava Burst -> Lava Burst, both Lava Bursts crit.

Now shaman isn't my main, so I'm not sure if something has changed or I'm doing something wrong. Does this pre-cast still work for other people?
    For you information, it never worked. Flame Shock needs to be on the target as you cast your spell to get the bonus from it (damage pre-7.0 and now auto-crit).

Oh wow, seems I was misinformed all along. Thanks for the replies, all! (question answered, so thread can be closed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    It never worked like this, nor should you EVER pre-cast Lava Burst.

Deleted
    They changed it i thought? So the Spell doesnt count on cast, instead it counts on impact now.

Cartoonz made a video, cannot post links yet.

They changed for legion, now the spell checks are when they LAND not when finished casting it used to be the other way around.

I think it was only changed for one of the frost mage effects.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    if it worked like that(which he thought) you would pe-cast Lava burst.

Just saying.

There are a few mechanics that function this way still so it's not that crazy of a question.

Even other shaman stuff, cloudburst totem can picks up the previous cast of several spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure the effect of flame shock to LvB is kinda like "shatter", or maybe this is easy to do on mage coz it comes from the pet?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...16?page=30#587

- - - Updated - - -

Only works for mages until maybe the next major patch

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Nevermind

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...16?page=30#587

- - - Updated - - -

Only works for mages until maybe the next major patch
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=30#post-587
    he talkes about fost mage spells only, not about spells in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=30#post-587
    he talkes about fost mage spells only, not about spells in general.
    You're right i was reading another comment on youtube. Why would they not do that to all spells tho, i think it makes sense that everything should be calculated on hit and not when it comes out of your body.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Is that actually true tho? Don't you precast Lava Burst on fights right now on live when the fight is only 15seconds?