Thread: Diablo 4?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know how long Diablo II was out before they pumped out Diablo III? About 12 years, and I think they are going to favor expansions to milk Diablo III for even longer.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I dont belive that there will be Diablo 4 so fast. But I really would like to see D4. DIII after so many patches is now much better but the problem with this game is that after 2 weeks of new season its getting really boring. In other ARPG games i can grind for hours while in D3 Im bored after 2h.

Rifts are not enough to keep me playing and theres really not much than that. Would really like to see new game from this serie with more dark graphics (I love cartonish look in WoW but this does not fit well Diablo serie in my opinion) and completly new gameplay/mechanics (not like rifts!).

7+ Year Old Account
    Id like to see a MMORPG style Diablo game

I reall hop, it is Diablo 4, not Diablo 3 expansion. Diablo expansion last around one day and the last boss is defeated. It is not fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I reall hop, it is Diablo 4, not Diablo 3 expansion. Diablo expansion last around one day and the last boss is defeated. It is not fun...
    If you think the expansion content is "I killed the new bad guy", you've been playing Diablo wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think D3 is the perfect platform to continue expanding upon. The graphics are great, the system is smooth. I don't see a reason for D4 at the moment, but they have plenty of room to expand on D3. I'd be all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm hoping for a game on the style basis of either Dark Souls or a survival style game like Day Z but in the Diablo era. OR bringing something new to the Diablo universe. Whatever it is, I'm excited!

Deleted
    I don't think we'll ever see any MMO game by Blizzard. This is a dying genre. A thing of the past.

World of Warcraft is like a 90-year old granny living on life support. Its glory days are long gone and never expected to return. Yeah, Legion will bring some players back but these players will play for a month and un-sub again. The general trend is sharply downward for WoW.

MMO's are huge complex games that are pretty damn expensive to make.
    And the success of such a game is uncertain.

No one will risk so much money into a potential flop.

On the other hand game like current Diablo 3 is highly succesfull. Casual games that can be played 15-60 min a day, or 8 hours a day too. Its fun, it offers progression for everybody, its easy to get into and hard to master. This model works well in modern gaming world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    On the other hand game like current Diablo 3 is highly succesfull. Casual games that can be played 15-60 min a day, or 8 hours a day too. Its fun, it offers progression for everybody, its easy to get into and hard to master. This model works well in modern gaming world.
    And you are saying MMO's can't be like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    You know how long Diablo II was out before they pumped out Diablo III? About 12 years, and I think they are going to favor expansions to milk Diablo III for even longer.
    No. That's hilariously untrue. They did not "milk" Diablo II for 12 years, as it was in maintenance mode for most of that time. They released the expansion in 2001, the last patch with any content at all was in 2005, with patch 1.11. The reasons why D3 was delayed is a couple of reasons: Diablo North was working on D3 since 2001, but it got rejected by Vivendi, and they had to start over, then a bunch of key designers left Blizzard North and started their own companies (Hellgate: London was the game with the original designers), and according to rumors, several more attempts at D3 were made and rejected, until the current one started to take shape. Diablo North was sold off or closed in that time frame, and the Diablo team rebuilt or moved to Irvine, some of the Diablo II devs ended up on the WoW team.

To even suggest another 12 year gap will happen...that's just comedy, considering the gap was in no way intentional between DII and D3, and they stopped making (purchasable) content for DII in 2001.

Diablo III is one of the most successful video games ever, there's no way it ends where it stands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And you are saying MMO's can't be like that?
    Basically this. The major point imho woul be about content and grouping - old raid structure doesn't allow for small/fast sessions, but if endgame is cut around 15to60 minutes sessions i can see it working.

Anyway a Diablo MMO would be an extremely risky and difficult project. Also, many people is currently burned by the Diablo franchise both from new players who expected it to be single player WoW to veterand expecting it to be D2 HD remaster.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Legion will be D4 considering the camera distance :#

I would love to see a Diablo style MMO. The world is super dark, the graphics are great, something with that original diablo feel.

i dont want a d4 yet too early plus they probably would recycle the d3 2nd expansion into d4 with most of d3 in it. Basically just give everyone a fresh start. Not a big graphical improvement. I highly doubt D4 will be announced this year and plus if it is announced it wont be released till like 3 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcin6xuNxU4

*puts tinfoil hat on*

The first thing i noticed about the goodie bag was the "faulty" D4 in it as well.

Considering this image:

We can try to deduce, that they plan Diablo 2 HD for the Blizzcon 2016, nothing more. The Diablo on the image has a soulstone in his head, just like the Diablo in Diablo II (soo much Diablo). I would be very happy We can only wonder how many people will migrate from Diablo III to Diablo II for at least on season
    But...
    It may also be just an image of all their IPs and nothing more. So time will tell.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-08 at 09:16 AM.

All hopes for D4 announcement at Blizzcon 2016 or HD D2 at new battle.net

Well, the Diablo from D2 is more iconic than Sheablo from D3 so it's reasonable to showcase him. I will be a party popper, but i really don't want a Diablo 2 HD remaster, i'm tired of this mania of recycling older titles and put a 40-60€ price tag on them. It's a miracle D2 got compatibility fixes and i'm glad for it but i'd rather see a new game than the same one with a better paint on....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

If a new Diablo game is in the works, expect announcement next year with 2019 release.
    IMO, the best you could hope for is HD D2 announcement this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    If a new Diablo game is in the works, expect announcement next year with 2019 release.
    IMO, the best you could hope for is HD D2 announcement this year.
    Interesting D2 HD remake..... i would be into that