Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Because people have developed this baby mentality where they cry and scream and throw their toys out of their pram until Blizzard caves into their demands. It's annoying and fucking childish.
    Instead of telling us what you think Blizzard will do why don't you just wait and see.

In the meantime please stop commenting, you're just making more of a fool of yourself with each passing post.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Let me guess. Lfr hero or range or both.
    I made the switch from elemental to enhance with the pre expansion patch and now I can't see anything other than the legs of the boss :/

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    It's more so because it shows how it's still there and they clearly just removed the ability to use it. They tried to claim they did some change and it was accidentally removed and couldn't be brought back or something of the like.

do you have a source on this? from what i read it was completely intentional, but maybe i missed something.

Because people have developed this baby mentality where they cry and scream and throw their toys out of their pram until Blizzard caves into their demands. It's annoying and fucking childish.
    The alternative is no one ever complains and just leaves. Then you end up with an empty game and developers don't know why because people like you don't want to hear anything more than confirmation biased information.

My money goes to what I want. You can either deal with it or keep crying.

The last time this happened they suffered a loss they'd never seen before (Cata) and never truly recovered. Hard stances do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If it shows them how serious we are about wanting the maxdistance back, then yes. I do want them to break the entire Addon API every time one of these pops up. Max distance is more important to me as a raid leader than literally any other addon, considering boss abilities and timers can be largely memorized.
    You know, I'd be willing to do without a single add-on at this point to call your bluff. Yes, it makes things easier but it's obvious just how much easier it has been making things. So they reeled it in. Good for them. If you can't raid successfully now, you were using it as a crutch. What's so funny is how many of these "bring it back types" are the same types who lament the casualization of WoW yet don't see that this is something that contributes to the same thing and has for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're merely paying for access to the game and the servers. You don't dictate how they should make their game.
    I agree with you 100%. People need to realize that they are not the developers of the game. Blizzard is. It's annoying to see so many whine posts (shit posts) about flying and other nonsense. As one poster once said "get the with the times, because 'times change'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree with you 100%. People need to realize that they are not the developers of the game. Blizzard is. It's annoying to see so many whine posts (shit posts) about flying and other nonsense. As one poster once said "get the with the times, because 'times change'"
    @Darkguyver2020 hey look someone agrees with you, sadly it's jaylock and no-one is taking him seriously

This addon is clearly exploiting an oversight and I guaran-damn-tee that it will be fixed one Blizzard finds out about it.
    You sound sure of yourself. If this was real life I'd ask what you'd be willing to put on the line since you are so sure and when you don't shows you aren't.

Blizzard will not ban for the addon. They will hotfix it so it can no longer work, put the option back in-game, or pretend it doesn't exist. AVR had a similar situation in the past. Just because they said they don't want something to work a certain way doesn't mean you can't make an add-on for it. People asked for better garrison functionality and Blizzard said no it's not what they want. We then get Master Planner and others. It has happened in the past where Blizzard isn't fond of putting something in-game and allows add-ons to do it anyway.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Do you want Blizzard to completely break the entire Addon API? Because this is how you get Blizzard to break the entire Addon API.
    I see what you did there Sterling, and I approve

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    The alternative is no one ever complains and just leaves.
    I'm not saying people shouldn't complain. But they should make critical posts in a calm, rational and polite manner.
    Most of the community instead resorts to throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat that had their favorite toy taken away.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    do you have a source on this? from what i read it was completely intentional, but maybe i missed something.
    I may have misunderstood the blue post. I thought it was something like I said, but I could be completely wrong. If I was, I apologize for the misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    The first post Watcher ever made on the topic clearly stated that it was an intentional change. Not sure where the other poster gets his "accidental" excuse from.
    Clearly you can't accidentally limit the camera distance, its just a setting in the game. They just lowered the limit from what it was before.

Anyway the addon will stop working soon. Working around their design decisions is not something thats going to last for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    @Darkguyver2020 hey look someone agrees with you, sadly it's jaylock and no-one is taking him seriously
    You should take me seriously. I speak the truth and agree with @Darkguyver2020 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by kritisk View Post
    You know, I'd be willing to do without a single add-on at this point to call your bluff. Yes, it makes things easier but it's obvious just how much easier it has been making things. So they reeled it in. Good for them. If you can't raid successfully now, you were using it as a crutch. What's so funny is how many of these "bring it back types" are the same types who lament the casualization of WoW yet don't see that this is something that contributes to the same thing and has for ages.

What does a fucking camera zoom have to do with "casualization of WoW". Incredible statement.

Quote Originally Posted by kritisk View Post
    I use these addons while playing:

Gameplay:
    Bigwigs (because boss timers).
    Classmods to have a moveable Focusbar (with no other functionality enabled).
    Quartz to have a moveable cast bar.
    Weakaura to show icons of my cooldowns near the middle of my screen.

Visual:
    Z perl to customize my frames (which has no impact on my performance - it's merely a matter of taste).
    Tidyplates (which is just a remnant of me wanting things to look the same as they have for years - the new nameplates are more than fine for raiding purposes).
    Chatter to get clickable links from chat.

So if I had to go without addons, the most major issues I'd have is that I'd need to memorize timers, and my UI would become more scattered because I wouldn't be able to move my buttons/castbar/focusbar around as I want to. Everything else is visual only. Yea, I'd trade that for max distance in a heartbeat.

This is how my UI looks:
    https://gyazo.com/3ffe008c842dfd7c6e323760d05fb5c4

With the standard raidframes popping up in the bottom right corner of the screen in raids/parties, and timers middle right for "future" timers, middle left for "soon" timers.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2016-08-03 at 02:32 AM.

I'm not saying people shouldn't complain. But they should make critical posts in a calm, rational and polite manner.
    Most of the community instead resorts to throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat that had their favorite toy taken away.

You mean the probably 4-5000 if not more posts by now that have been made across both EU/US forums that they have straight up ignored?

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone can do it by finding the camera command, or by finding the addon, it's not a crutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    snip
    standard blizz bags? now that's too far!

Quote Originally Posted by Fevyx View Post
    You mean the probably 4-5000 if not more posts by now that have been made across both EU/US forums that they have straight up ignored?
    When the majority of those posts are constructed in such an immature and irrational manner. I'm not surprised Blizzard are not paying attention.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a completely modified UI and I use the ingame bags. They used to suck but now, not so much. They do all I need them to do.