Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just buff the goddamn Death Coil already.

Come on, it's a weak excuse of a GCD when it should be an apex of necrotic energy! RP aside, at least make it consume more RP up to 60 for increased damage and effect like Ferocious Bite and such, so we at least press it less!

Am I wrong or DKs have it extremely reverse when it comes to building and spending class power? Our builders have more effect than our spenders, which is just backwards ass design. Dark Arbiter is great on that regard, it gives you something to look forwards, but spamming DC and doing 10k damage? Yawn.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I believe our artifact tree buffs death coil in Legion. You'll just have to wait a while.

Considering how much the other traits also buff things that aren't Death Coil that point is pretty moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivoze View Post
    I believe our artifact tree buffs death coil in Legion. You'll just have to wait a while.
    We get a talent that buffs it by 21%, extremely deep in the tree, that will literally take months to unlock at the rate we gain AP. Additionally, 21% of garbage is still garbage.

My class fantasy is spamming an ability that does less damage than my auto attack to get rid of a blue bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    We get a talent that buffs it by 21%, extremely deep in the tree, that will literally take months to unlock at the rate we gain AP. Additionally, 21% of garbage is still garbage.

My class fantasy is spamming an ability that does less damage than my auto attack to get rid of a blue bar.
    That's pretty facetious to say, especially since weaving in DCs is the sole purpose of one of our strongest Gold traits....

To be fair my real beef with Death Coil is that it's just...backwards. As a finisher - you can't argue against that the fact that is the builder -> finisher design - it buffs the builders, which is another type of design but IMO it should be the other way around and especially when buzzword of the expansion is "class fantasy". DKs aren't Enhancement Shamans that buff their attacks and shit, it's about hitting your enemy so hard that they don't fucking get up, and then you raise them. Rinse & Repeat.

I don't want to armchair dev this but imagine if Necrosis buffed the Death Coil damage every Scourge Strike. The artifact gave 30% more damage on DC after SS. That's the kind of design, again, IMO, Death Knights should have. I mean Arthas didn't buff his melee attacks with Death Coils and shit, he was all about hitting you motherfucking hard with Frostmourne.

To go the extra cheesy mile, the design we have right now is what Death Knights need, but not what Death Knights deserve.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

If you view DKs as builder and spender I feel like you're extremely misguided on the design of DKs...

We're supposed to be a double resource system in which both resource systems fuel each other in different ways, not a one-way thought process of "runes to build RP therefore RP based abilities are always stronger".

I kinda agree that pressing dc feels unsatisfying. Im on beta and on lvl110 with full artifact traits it hits for 35k. I think there are clases who's dot ticks hit harder. Imean, white melee attacks hit for 25k. Atm it's only purpose is to trigger RC and to buff ss. Dmg should be at least x3.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok cut DC outta yoru rotation and watch how little dps you do.... oh yeah cause DC procs other things... its allmost like there are spells that are worse then others, that proc super strong things!

like giving energy to your ghoul
    and chance on hit to increase scourge strike damage by 30%
    aswell as talents to make it 21% stronger, up to 42% stronget if you put relics in for it
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-02 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    DC is just there to proc RC.

Deleted

thats why I spam DS to get rid of it. It costs more RP, it buffs DA faster. It hits harder. I only use DC to reduce te CD on ghoul buff.

DC is pretty fucking important, as it procs Scourge of Worlds....

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    thats why I spam DS to get rid of it. It costs more RP, it buffs DA faster. It hits harder. I only use DC to reduce te CD on ghoul buff.
    Then you should also know DC refunds 10 energy to a pet, which might not be much at first but it adds up and then you've lost damage on your pet casting abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    i personaly find using DC works better overall for DA, maybe a DA for first 1 one or so. but else DC works better

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    DC is pretty fucking important, as it procs Scourge of Worlds....

Then you should also know DC refunds 10 energy to a pet, which might not be much at first but it adds up and then you've lost damage on your pet casting abilities.
    until you gett he artifact trait for it

Death Strike is simply a better RP expandature

Death Strike is dealing 29% more dmg per RP spent, your not going to gain that back from the 10 energy given to your ghoul.

Months? I managed to level and get to 830 ilvl and have over half my artifact unlocked in about a week on the beta and that was just going about it rather slowly so I could get the feel of things. You would have to play like maybe once a week for it to take months to get halfway through your tree. Not to mention as you progress you can unlock things in your class hall that allow you to gain MORE artifact knowledge for each one you get.

7+ Year Old Account
    nice, this is what I need

Could taking DC off the GCD and adding a 2/3sec CD (scaling with haste) work?

You do realize that this is a spammable ranged move on a melee class, right? It shouldn't be too powerful. It's probably the reason why they nerfed Clawing Shadows as well. As a frost DK, I can say Howling Blast being as powerful as it was for so long was a mistake. Dks shouldn't be super powerful at long ranges... now if only they buffed both spec's melee range damage to compensate for our slow ass movement speed.

10+ Year Old Account

It only takes a few weeks, not months to get the FULL artifact trait tree. But dont get me wrong Death Coil is, and always has been a boring blah spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    until you gett he artifact trait for it

Death Strike is simply a better RP expandature

Death Strike is dealing 29% more dmg per RP spent, your not going to gain that back from the 10 energy given to your ghoul.
    Uhhhhhh... I'd have to see the math on that to believe you. Factoring in the 10 energy to your ghoul, the fact that DC damage will be increased by mastery and the fact that Death Strike is physical damage, so affected by armor where as DC isn't.