Thread: "Free alani"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Up to 5 people from the same faction should be able to get the tag. Don't think being in the same group is a requirement, but it would probably help a lot for rares that die when you sneeze at them (like TLPD). If it's one of the newer rares that already were multi-tap before the pre-patch, there's theoretically no limit to how many people would be able to get loot.
    Just don't think mobs who need certain things to summon, should be multi-tap
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Uhhh I'm pretty certain that is false. Outside of a raid instance there is no way to get items from mobs from a world mob while in a raid group. The only exceptions are world bosses where they are programmed to work like that.
    Alani works just like "mount rares," from Draenor such as Poundfist, Pathrunner, Silthide etc. An entire raid group can camp for these rares and everyone will get the mount because it is 100% drop + personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Before prepatch I was farming crystals and selling alani for 50k. I guess I can skip farming another one now or I can finish a last one and make a giant free party for everyone to get it. Isn't it kind of strange though that they re killing all the old rares this way? Feels a bit like destroying all bridges with the past sort of like no reason to go farm these rares ever again just join a grp one night and GG.
    Or you build a raid of 39 other people from your server and charge each of them 5k gold.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Uhhh I'm pretty certain that is false. Outside of a raid instance there is no way to get items from mobs from a world mob while in a raid group. The only exceptions are world bosses where they are programmed to work like that.

Being in party/raid has absolutely no effect on drops. The ONLY thing it effects is quest objectives.

im not seeing free alani, im seeing alani 50k or come farm for 12hrs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    im not seeing free alani, im seeing alani 50k or come farm for 12hrs
    There was at the beginning when this whole personal loot things started. But now people suddenly realized they can sell it

Every time I see threads like this I always think how do I manage to never see any groups doing this =/

Also seen some personal loot selling, like he has the shards, but won't sell until has at least 2 buyers. Smart, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Also seen some personal loot selling, like he has the shards, but won't sell until has at least 2 buyers. Smart, imo.
    i stuck with free as it is a fairly simple process to farm the shards, did it in approx. 12 hours. will be starting the process again soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherbrood View Post
    i stuck with free as it is a fairly simple process to farm the shards, did it in approx. 12 hours. will be starting the process again soon.
    Is this on EU or US ?

If this is on EU I would appreciate it if I could come along, I have been trying to farm this and I had 5 from back in MoP days but I have not seen any drop when ive been going around killing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I must say, the coolness factor of the Alani mount just dropped with 95%. This is really stupid to be honest.
    The mount was never cool. The Thundering Onyx, which is imo the best looking one, I never use.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Is this on EU or US ?

If this is on EU I would appreciate it if I could come along, I have been trying to farm this and I had 5 from back in MoP days but I have not seen any drop when ive been going around killing stuff.
    Its on a US server, sorry i'm unable to help

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The mount was never cool. The Thundering Onyx, which is imo the best looking one, I never use.
    I am not saying that it was the best looking, i just said that it was cool to have it, just to say, that i was really that dumb to use an entire weekend on getting that fucking mount O.o
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Wondering if anyone else has noticed some people putting up a group in custom saying "free alani mount... if he is up on your server".

Are these legit? Or some sort of trick?
    Legit.

You still need to FIND Alani. Some groups offer a finder's fee of free mount for invite to server.