Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Over the last 40 years I've enjoyed many movies that received terrible reviews, I've also endured a fair share of critically acclaimed shite during that time too.

So as with every other movie I see I'll form my own opinion of this, I really don't care much for the thoughts of many talentless critics who's ratings are based on whether or not their favourite actors and actresses are in the cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    @EzG I agree. (I really made this because I wanted to @ you back since you @ me twice :P)

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    FF 2015 was not awful, it was just not a FF movie. The movie is enjoyable if you ignore the fact it's supposed to be a FF adaptation.
    lmao no way. You havent watch it for sure. Half the movie is them sitting and talking. The ending is them entering the portal, going to the dimension then killing Doom in 20 seconds. Its not even how you tell a story. Reid and Sue have mabye 10 lines of dialogue togheter and at the end they apparently are a couple. Johnny speaks to Sue twice in the entire movie. Even if it was not a fantastic 4 movie, youd stratch your head at what the hell is going on. Who are these people? Since when are these a couple? Why did they just murder the guy stuck in the other dimension the entire movie? Its not even them being out of character, its them not being characters at all. Gordon Freeman has more character and he never speaks a single word.

Deleted
    Never trust Rotten Tomato Critics - they are appallingly bad predictors of audience enjoyment.

When even IMDB ratings are generally far more reliable, you know Rotten Tomato rating system sucks. The problem with IMDB ratings, ofc, is that you have to wait at least a month or more for the score to settle down (and it is always downwards) to a useful level for films that have had mega hype.

If you insist on critical reviews instead of friend or community recommendations, then at least use Metacritic or a trusted single reviewer source that you always use, and who therefore you know how they think.

While I am not a DC fan, the trailer for Suicide Squad looks very fun and has no utterly dumb premise like BvS that puts you off even hearing the name of the movie, let alone watching it (or the other serious problems it allegedly has had).

So, I'd happily go watch Suicide Squad after any reliable recommendations.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-08-02 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Yeah, fuck critics.
    24 seconds in and EVERYTHING about that person is driving me nuts.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Somewhat expected it to be honest. DC does pretty bad movies, mediocre TV shows, and somewhat enjoyable animation. The only thing I've ever really enjoyed from their universe were some of the comics and video games.
    To be honest, I've found both Batman vs Superman AND Man of Steel to be considerably more enjoyable than MOST of the films Marvel has put out over the past few fews. They kind of peaked at Winter Soldier for me. Just about everything else has been basically the same movie over and over again. Guardians of the Galaxy was a decent breath of fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Fuck you Endus, I try to forget but some guy on the internet always brings them up!!

- - - Updated - - -

Complete with nips and ass hugging plastic.
    And a Bat Credit Card.

I fairly enjoyed Fantastic 4, enough to give it a 6 or 7, whereas the The Dark Knight felt like it was trying to be cool and edgy, but it just was soooooooo boring and bland. First time I watched it, I walked out due to boredom. Second time I finished it with friends at my house. I know most people like it, but I genuinely cannot stand the Batman Trilogy. Biggest pile of superhero crap I've seen. The Trilogy is always in my Bottom 5 movies.
    Removed dickish post, seeings as he is talking about the OLD f4 and not the most recent pile of trash. I just assumed he was being edgy for the sake.

No one likes the new F4.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-08-02 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be tiresome to have to avoid cutting yourself all day on all that edge.
    I don't see the need for the animosity, simply for having a differing opinion, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    lmao no way. You havent watch it for sure. Half the movie is them sitting and talking. The ending is them entering the portal, going to the dimension then killing Doom in 20 seconds. Its not even how you tell a story. Reid and Sue have mabye 10 lines of dialogue togheter and at the end they apparently are a couple. Johnny speaks to Sue twice in the entire movie. Even if it was not a fantastic 4 movie, youd stratch your head at what the hell is going on. Who are these people? Since when are these a couple? Why did they just murder the guy stuck in the other dimension the entire movie? Its not even them being out of character, its them not being characters at all. Gordon Freeman has more character and he never speaks a single word.
    I've seen it 3-4 times. It's free for me on OnDemand. First time I watched it, I was upset. I gave it a second shot and just pretended it wasn't marvel related and I found it 10 times more enjoyable. I've watched it a couple other times since I like to put on a movie at bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    And a Bat Credit Card.

LoL I had ACTUALLY forgot that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And it´s currently at a 9.1 on imdb.

Sooo let´s wait a bit.
    Okay, so on IMDB all the fans have ofc voted 10 without even seeing the movie so it is just a BS score.
    Then again on RT there are critics and tbh they said ghostbusters were amazing, while I did not think it was very good of a movie... But I thought WC was okay but they thought it was horseshit. But that is just an example.
    I am still going to watch it tomorrow so that I can decide for myself if I enjoy it or not.

I don't see the need for the animosity, simply for having a differing opinion, but okay.
    Well, I was under the impression you were claiming to have liked the most recent F4, seeings as that is not the case, I can take you more seriously. I was actually hoping to edit that post to be less dickish after I saw you were talking about the old, passable F4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    To be honest, I've found both Batman vs Superman AND Man of Steel to be considerably more enjoyable than MOST of the films Marvel has put out over the past few fews. They kind of peaked at Winter Soldier for me. Just about everything else has been basically the same movie over and over again. Guardians of the Galaxy was a decent breath of fresh air.
    That's totally valid. I've never been much of a DC fan, despite my last name being used by DC for parts of their universe. I generally consider Marvel movies to be around the 7-9 range, with Avengers and Ironman swiping a 10. DC, the ones I see, hover around 3-5, with my least favorite being The Dark Knight and my favorite being Man of Steel.

Deleted
    I don't trust RT after they gave the new Ghostbusters 73%. Movie that is probably the worst movie of the decade. Just because of feminist agenda it scored so high...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was under the impression you were claiming to have liked the most recent F4, seeings as that is not the case, I can take you more seriously. I was actually hoping to edit that post to be less dickish after I saw you were talking about the old, passable F4.
    It happens. My fault really for being under a rock last year and missing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I've seen it 3-4 times. It's free for me on OnDemand. First time I watched it, I was upset. I gave it a second shot and just pretended it wasn't marvel related and I found it 10 times more enjoyable. I've watched it a couple other times since I like to put on a movie at bed time.
    lmao now you are just edging it hard. I almost fell for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.
    If you think Ghostbusters is a good movie it's time to pay shrink a visit.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with every movie, I will be going in with certain expectations. For Suicide Squad, I expect some action, humor, and just a little showing of that hot Margo ass. I'm not expecting a good story. I'm not expecting deep thoughts. I'm expecting entertainment.

I'm not a DC fan, and they certainly aren't helping with the shittastic movies they've been releasing one after the other. I don't understand how Marvel can get it so right, while DC can do everything wrong. But this movie looks entertaining enough, so I'm going to see it. Ratings be damned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Say what you want but at least Ghostbusters doesn't have to have someone flash their boobs, bra and ass in every trailer just to hype the movie up.
    No, instead they hype up the movie by turning it into a tumblrina/SJW argument piece, securing 5-star ratings from those groups while simultaneously making those groups declare all negative opinions as "sexist".