Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "It's not my fault I cheated! It's your fault for catching me!" QQ

Salty little babies. I hope Blizzard responds with more ban waves against cheaters.

wow someones pretty mad their Overwatch account got banned for cheating.........

Dammit, I just got that max cam addon before raid and now this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Dammit, I just got that max cam addon before raid and now this happens?
    ban incoming, jk i have it as well

i also wonder how a company as large as blizzard is vulnerable to such attacks. they happened quite a bit last year. you would think for people who pay for a subscription based service, that one of two things should happen. install better security measures, or hire someone 24/7 to monitor this business. i could very well be talking out my ass cause i dont know shit about it, but at the same time it seems like its too common.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah.. they also took down pokemon go for like 6 hours a few weeks ago, then said they would take pokemon go down yesterday in a "big way" but nothing happened :P so guess they decided to go for blizz today
    second fiddle eh?
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; 2016-08-03 at 12:03 AM.

Probably related to the banwave with Overwatch the other day with people using aimbot / clickbot programs, I would imagine?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    i also how a company as large as blizzard is vulnerable to such attacks. they happened quite a bit last year. you would think for people who pay for a subscription based service, that one of two things should happen. install better security measures, or hire someone 24/7 to monitor this business. i could very well be talking out my ass cause i dont know shit about it, but at the same time it seems like its too common.

- - - Updated - - -

second fiddle eh?
    You're talking out of your ass

(mods, his words. Not mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Was it a regular RP or ERP? This is info that I need to know
    regular RP. I dont ERP
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Already reported them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

oh i dont mind. im not an IT genius. would be nice to get a rough explanation however?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Probably related to the banwave with Overwatch the other day with people using aimbot / clickbot programs, I would imagine?
    Was wondering why, Overwatch has been unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    regular RP. I dont ERP
    The Coincidence is that, I too, was attempting to RP with a guildie of mine then the servers had a stroke.

Well, at least now I can catch up on other things for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

204Gbps coming from all those bad routers in Brazil.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#ani...985.4&view=map

TLDR: Just do like I do and de-peer Brazil =D

i think someone got ganked by a fucking imba moonkin (like me today) and is really pissed of at blizzards class balance (like me) that says" if u play moonkin u can kill everyone within 5 secs and dont have to mind any defensive cds, because your dmg is so fucking big, that even 60 % reduced dmg wont make the poor shaman last longer than 5 seconds. oh and after ressing, he has no cds, so i just presst the instaproc button 2 times and he is dead with 130 k overkill.

After exaclty this happening to me, i can 100 % understand why someone is ddosing blizz. I hope they do this so long until moonkins are nerfed.

Oh, look...another lame shitfuck packet monkey using someone else's code to take down a service.
    Yawn. Yer parents must be proud.

finally got on. try to log on again

ugh got in finally then booted out...lame

i just want to lvl my priest...went 60-70 yesterday, was hoping to atleast get halfway through wotlk tonight...guess thats not happening.

why cant these idiots do something productive like hack trump/clinton coverage.

7+ Year Old Account
    i also wonder how a company as large as blizzard is vulnerable to such attacks. they happened quite a bit last year. you would think for people who pay for a subscription based service, that one of two things should happen. install better security measures, or hire someone 24/7 to monitor this business. i could very well be talking out my ass cause i dont know shit about it, but at the same time it seems like its too common.

- - - Updated - - -

second fiddle eh?
    because protecting against ddos is both allmost impossible, and extreamly costly, as if you just do it one way, then they adapt to change how it works, its basicly a game of evolution, they make a system to stop ddosers, they make a way around it, they stop that, they find another way
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i think someone got ganked by a fucking imba moonkin (like me today) and is really pissed of at blizzards class balance (like me) that says" if u play moonkin u can kill everyone within 5 secs and dont have to mind any defensive cds, because your dmg is so fucking big, that even 60 % reduced dmg wont make the poor shaman last longer than 5 seconds. oh and after ressing, he has no cds, so i just presst the instaproc button 2 times and he is dead with 130 k overkill.

After exaclty this happening to me, i can 100 % understand why someone is ddosing blizz. I hope they do this so long until moonkins are nerfed.
    Ohhhhkayyy

This seems like a reasonable and appropriate reaction.

It's because of the nature of DDoS attacks. They aren't really hacks at all. From Blizz's servers PoV they are just getting an insane amount of connections at once. It's as it Billions upon Billions of people all connected to them at the EXACT same instant. It's basically just a brute-force attack and nothing to special at all. People who DDoS are literally the lowest on the food-chain of cyber warfare as it isn't even a hack.

So unless they had it check EVERY connection ever (which would slow down normal connections from a day-to-day basis) they can't really prevent a DDoS. Websites can because it checks when you connect, but once you load up your browser and the site stop communicating until you do something. So they can check for a DDoS before you load the site then you're good. But with a service like Battle.net that is constantly sending and recieving, to check for a DDoS every time information is exchanged would severely hinder the speed of communication, likely making the games as laggy as if they WERE being DDoSed.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.