Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hunter TMW Rotation Profile ALL SPECS - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a Rotation guide built in TMW for all three Hunter specs that will display important information in the center of your screen so that you can easily deal the most damage possible.

This is set up to work with any talent setup so feel free to play and find what works or use guides online to get the most of your class.

UPDATE 9/26/2016

You can find the latest version HERE

Marksman

- Added Windburst to the rotation

(NOTES: Windburst is a spell that can be used single target now and the conditions for it to appear in the rotation were taken from Sim data. I have done some testing but not extensively so please report any feedback as to whether the spell appears appropriately or if it causes issues with other priorities)

Beast Mastery

- Added Beast Cleave buff tracker

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

This will allow you to use this profile as you see it.

Hope you enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

Small update to fix some issues with icons showing up in the wrong spec.
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-09-26 at 07:33 PM.

Can you link the string for JUST SV please?

Quote Originally Posted by kucerakov View Post
    Can you link the string for JUST SV please?
    Survival is a series of groups all separate from each other. I could link just the rotation icon if you'd like however

Are the name plates part of the addon to tell me if my barrage or sidewinders will hit the target?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Are the name plates part of the addon to tell me if my barrage or sidewinders will hit the target?
    The nameplates are part of Elvui and it shows targets within 40 yards. Not for barrage

What is the MM shot priority chosen for the Profile (considering different Focus&Vulnerability Scenarios)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairol View Post
    What is the MM shot priority chosen for the Profile (considering different Focus&Vulnerability Scenarios)?
    I'd be interested in knowing this too. It seems like it follows a SW -> AS -> AS -> MS route, but from what I'd heard the most efficient cycle was SW -> AS -> MS -> AS -> AS

I'm seeing a weird behavior now where the SV priority will tell me to Mongoose Bite when at 3 stacks, but then the icons will blank out and it will go to the next priority w/o telling to mongoose for each stack available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiimdave View Post
    I'm seeing a weird behavior now where the SV priority will tell me to Mongoose Bite when at 3 stacks, but then the icons will blank out and it will go to the next priority w/o telling to mongoose for each stack available.
    It's set up to use mongoose bite at 3 when nothing else is available but if Aspect of the Eagle is off cooldown or close to it will avoid spending extra stacks so you can benefit from it.

Under normal circumstances you shouldn't have this happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing this too. It seems like it follows a SW -> AS -> AS -> MS route, but from what I'd heard the most efficient cycle was SW -> AS -> MS -> AS -> AS
    Honestly I don't think a rotation for either is set in stone. I looked at about 50 logs and every hunter times it differently. What it come down to is getting at least 3 shots in a close span and whichever one gives you that buff is not important. The damage is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    The consensus is just that 1 AiS then the MS Followed by 2 AiS is just the safest way so that the MS hits within the Vuln window. Right now with 4p it doesn't really matter because no cast time, but with GCD and such its safer to do one AiS before then MS and 2 after since 2 casted AiS runs you right near the bottom of that 6 second Vuln window (though you should definitely still hit the vuln window with any sort of haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The consensus is just that 1 AiS then the MS Followed by 2 AiS is just the safest way so that the MS hits within the Vuln window. Right now with 4p it doesn't really matter because no cast time, but with GCD and such its safer to do one AiS before then MS and 2 after since 2 casted AiS runs you right near the bottom of that 6 second Vuln window (though you should definitely still hit the vuln window with any sort of haste)
    Whichever you choose, if you make a mental note to cast only one AS, Marked Shot will still be suggested as the Vulnerable debuff hits <2 seconds. Again this comes down to practice and understanding of the class to get that extra 10% damage. This profile is meant to just serve as a tool to get your feet on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Whichever you choose, if you make a mental note to cast only one AS, Marked Shot will still be suggested as the Vulnerable debuff hits <2 seconds. Again this comes down to practice and understanding of the class to get that extra 10% damage. This profile is meant to just serve as a tool to get your feet on the ground.
    I like this rotation with a slightly off standard build, SF instead of LW. In 7.0.3 it allows for more AiS. But its a nice job. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpdarts View Post
    I like this rotation with a slightly off standard build, SF instead of LW. In 7.0.3 it allows for more AiS. But its a nice job. Kudos.
    I like SF too, but Lone Wolf is just so good lol

Deleted
    Tested BM and SV, well done.

But MM...for a newbie is a good starting point but MM cant really be put under the "rotation" tag due to rng and priority

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Tested BM and SV, well done.

But MM...for a newbie is a good starting point but MM cant really be put under the "rotation" tag due to rng and priority
    Yeah MM is a strange one. There is a lot to know about the inner workings of the spec and it honestly took me a long time to try and put that into a working format.

Like I say with any of the profiles, you can get 90% of your damage out of these rotation guides and the last 10% comes from reading and understanding how your class works.

At the very least this should give a player a entry level view of how the rotation functions.

I'll be updating this profile to make use of the Mage Artifacts soon. I think I know when it is ideal to use them.

Deleted
    These look great and are very useful. May I ask why in MM spec there is the Patient Sniper icon visible all the time? And another question, can they be used on beta for level 100 or not yet?

They work fine on live.

As for patient sniper, I simply disabled it (for now).
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Deleted
    Oh sorry I meant level 110, can it be used for max level on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    Oh sorry I meant level 110, can it be used for max level on beta?
    All profiles work at 110

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be adding the Artifact abilities to the cooldown bar soon. I don't think they are in the rotation and are instead used on CD mostly

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 8/11/2016

General

- Added GCD Tracker for all specs

Beast Mastery

- Removed 75 Talents
    - Added Exhilaration CD to bottom bar

Marksman

- Removed 75 Talents
    - Moved 60 Talents to bottom bar
    - Added Artifact CD to top bar

Survival