Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Even with CS nerf, i wonder who well with castigator will do with fully unlocked artifact ?
    I mean, with scourge of worlds, it's all about pooling rp and wounds on the target and then dumping all of it, hoping the debuff will proc. (30 percent more damage is nothing to scoff at)

The problem with castigator as i see it, lies its nature -- you often burn your wounds so quick, that you're forced to burn more runes on castigator without any wounds present (which kinda defents the purpose of the talent in the first place), plus setting up the wounds and rp, without going overboard on any of it is a bit wonky.
    But it's all rng ofc (crit dependable).

The CS nerf was justified, to respond to the previous page. Unholy overall didn't need that nerf tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    The CS nerf was justified
    To the point where it doesn't do anything, and you need 50% mastery to make it not worse than Scourge Strike?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    To the point where it doesn't do anything, and you need 50% mastery to make it not worse than Scourge Strike?
    if you're 30 yards away from the target, which one makes more damage, SS, or CS? Think about it, and you have your answer why CS nerf was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    if you're 30 yards away from the target, which one makes more damage, SS, or CS? Think about it, and you have your answer why CS nerf was justified.
    So why not just take the ranged component away from it? It's a talent, it's meant to be an upgrade to the spell or it serves zero purpose.

As I said on the beta forums it's already telling that I'm having more fun on beta as Blood as it is that I'm rarely in UH and only heard about these nerfs on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    So why not just take the ranged component away from it? It's a talent, it's meant to be an upgrade to the spell or it serves zero purpose.
    That's literally the point of the talent. To give some extra utility when unable to fight in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosrider View Post
    That's literally the point of the talent. To give some extra utility when unable to fight in melee.
    It should still do more DMG then Scourge Strike imo while doing less DPS overall then the other 2 talents in the row. Having a talent that gives utility AND less DPS is just stupid.

That confuses me, in an event where you need the utility of something that enables you to do something you couldn't (deal damage from range instead of melee) you're supposed to give up the raw damage so you can do said utility? isn't that the basic concept of balance between talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    It should still do more DMG then Scourge Strike imo while doing less DPS overall then the other 2 talents in the row. Having a talent that gives utility AND less DPS is just stupid.
    Don't take it then. Problem solved.

Having it deal more dmg than SS and give it the extra utility of range makes it too powerful and everyone runs with it. That is the situation we had. Thus the nerf.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-08-02 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    DA has always been there tbh. In one form or another. I don't see why would they remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. Trust me, I wanted to always use CS. I prefer a strike that only does one instance of damage vs 2 (SS) and is full shadow. But it was way too strong. Do I think the nerf should have been 25%? No. But it makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    nice, this is what I need

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Don't take it then. Problem solved.

Having it deal more dmg than SS and give it the extra utility of range makes it too powerful and everyone runs with it. That is the situation we had. Thus the nerf.
    No the situation we had was that it was doing more damage then the other two talents by quite a margin.

Deleted
    Seems like we have confirmation for the removal of DA , but they will also reduce the cd of WW to 45 sec , hopefully 30 sec for unholy when talented. https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...56306579476481

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Seems like we have confirmation for the removal of DA , but they will also reduce the cd of WW to 45 sec , hopefully 30 sec for unholy when talented. https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...56306579476481
    They'll do that and still manage to nerf UH dps

Does that make Lingering Apparition more appealing for any situation where Corpse Shield isn't mandatory, then? I mean, 100% movement speed for 3 secs on a 30 sec cd is basically old Death's Advance without the passive speed increase, right?

P.S: It's nice they're acknowledging that because of our reduced mobility, we're supposed to hit harder than anyone else when on target, though. So I'd expect that damage they took from CS should reemerge somewhere else instead of just disappearing into the aether.
    Last edited by Drakonskyr; 2016-08-03 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kank View Post
    nice, this is what I need
    I see we have a spambot getting a post count up.

Either that or he needs everything in every dk thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    Does that make Lingering Apparition more appealing for any situation where Corpse Shield isn't mandatory, then? I mean, 100% movement speed for 3 secs on a 30 sec cd is basically old Death's Advance without the passive speed increase, right?

P.S: It's nice they're acknowledging that because of our reduced mobility, we're supposed to hit harder than anyone else when on target, though. So I'd expect that damage they took from CS should reemerge somewhere else instead of just disappearing into the aether.
    Hopefully the dmg will be tuned accordingly, tho I wouldn't be surprised , if they just left things how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post

It's nice the acknowledge it, but it doesn't mean both specs will be that way. It's nice to hear, but that means both specs should be doing more damage than all specs but equal to rets when on target as far as melee goes. I can guarantee that won't be the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess ill pass on titanforged gear and go for gear with Speed on it instead then.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s