Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Players are currently experiencing high latency and disconnections as a result of DDoS attacks towards certain internet service providers. We are currently monitoring this situation and will provide updates as they become available. Please follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates.
    I'd really like to Real Life beat the fuck out of these script kiddies. Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You tried to call me ignorant in your first post for calling you out for your ignorance.

Okay.
    you call someone ignorant while they are admitting to being ignorant....and you want to know why people are sarcastic with you?

you're one of those special types arent you?

go back and read. ill help you if you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    People who respond to them or make a fuss over their actions are the reason they continue doing this. The thing is, is that these people are not doing anything special. They never have. What they want is attention and as always, you all are giving it to them.

They can't just ignore such behavior either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Sigh...can you imagine what next week will be like when Blizzard finally opens up Demon Hunters....
    A few hours of DDoS then nobody will care about or remember these clowns.

As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    gotcha. not to be argumentative (more inquisitive) are IT security folks not able to predict a certain amount of this? i know you cant stop it all. it just seems kinda prevalent the last year or so.
    Most DDoS attacks exploit the basic premises of networking.

Let's simplify things significantly, for ease of discussion.

Imagine you have a single piece of hardware that handles all network traffic into a website. That hardware can handle exactly 10 connections at once, and usually the website has no more than 5 users.

The DDoS attacker bombards the network hardware with packets from 100 computers. The hardware receives the packets, but can only handle so many at once so service is disrupted.

The problem is that the hardware is designed to receive these packets, and until you have both received and inspected the packet, the hardware under attack doesn't know where it's from. Essentially, by the time you realise you have a bad packet it's too late - it already accomplished its objective and the website is basically not reachable.

Obviously actual hardware is way more complicated in size and scope, but the basic premise is as above. The network hardware is ultimately designed to receive traffic and by the time its in a position to sort legit traffic from DDoS traffic, it's too late. The traffic already arrived and the hardware has spent valuable resources processing it.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2016-08-03 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why doing this ? Those guys need to learn to have some taste, I would love to hear what's their top 5 best games of all time, just to laugh : P

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Dammit, I just got that max cam addon before raid and now this happens?
    These were my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    you call someone ignorant while they are admitting to being ignorant....and you want to know why people are sarcastic with you?

you're one of those special types arent you?

go back and read. ill help you if you need.
    It's pretty ironic isn't it? loling hard at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I got a message on my Bnet launcher something like "it looks like you have logged in somewhere else. If this comes as a surprise to you click help" or w/e. Not sure if it's just because the launcher keeps trying to log-in and confused itself or not but changed my password just in case.
    Change ur password and email.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Why haven't these fucks been arrested yet?
    Go catch them mr cyber expert

no? thought so.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I wonder if it'll stick or Blizzard will patch out the access to commands through the API.
    They probably will. But it feel great to have it back, if just for a few days.

Would be nice if you could ban people that do this kind of shit from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Most DDoS attacks exploit the basic premises of networking.

Lets simplify things significantly, for ease of discussion.

Imagine you have a single piece of hardware that handles all network traffic into a website. That hardware can handle exactly 10 connections at once, and usually the website has no more than 5 users.

The DDoS attacker bombards the network hardware with packets from 100 computers. The hardware receives the packets, but can only handle so many at once so service is disrupted.

The problem is that the hardware is designed to receive these packets, and until you have both received and inspected the packet, the hardware under attack doesn't know where it's from. Essentially, by the time you realise you have a bad packet it's too late - it already accomplished its objective.
    gothca. cant be stopped is what im getting from all this explanation. can it be mitigated? im guessing there has to be something that can be done? could be wrong but just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's pretty ironic isn't it? loling hard at him.
    pretty sure at this point hes just trolling to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Why doing this ? Those guys need to learn to have some taste, I would love to hear what's their top 5 best games of all time, just to laugh : P
    Its just your regular run down the mill edgelord teens.

Example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISZRmn_b78

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Was it a regular RP or ERP? This is info that I need to know
    Some dude whispered me while I was on a Troll Druid that I was leveling, "You want to ERP? I have never done it with a Troll before." So I was like "Sure, I'll start." "Go fuck yourself...mon." Then I ignored him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Some dude whispered me while I was on a Troll Druid that I was leveling, "You want to ERP? I have never done it with a Troll before." So I was like "Sure, I'll start." "Go fuck yourself...mon." Then I ignored him.
    That really made me LoL thanks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    you are lol

Ddos attacks, 49er fans actually calling someone ELSE, "ignorant." So many crazy things happening today...

7+ Year Old Account
    http://map.norsecorp.com/#/

This is a pretty good one, They have some of the "attacks" appearing from Micro$oft, which means 1 thing... lol

We Need to Nuke China, or just deny them Internet access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Its just your regular run down the mill edgelord teens.

Example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISZRmn_b78
    if it's young adults doing this, then we have a serious education problem : P

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Let me guess, Moon Guard?

Cause i never ran into that kind of freaks on either ED or Maelstrom/Veco.