Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    There's a difference between intended API and actually using API for something that was clearly not intended in the first place - and you know it.
    The only reason they did it was to slow down the super fast progression going on the last few years, with bosses and raid instances melting down in 5-10 days.

Its their way to mask their lazyness, instead of going and give a glory huge ass raid with 12-16 bosses, they cook whatever bullshit reason they can find to stall top world raiders. Not a single boss i tested in beta, and i tested them all, iw as able to see the entire model. Wasnt that their excuse that they wants ppl to see their models bla bla bla? Well newsflash.

MELEE AND TANKS CANNOT SEE ANYTHING ABOVE CHEST OR NECK OF THE MODEL. PERIOD. We need addons actually to see name plates. Great design there.

Disable a command or addon and then use another addon to fix what the first addon broke which wasnt broken in the first place.

And this is something all ppl in beta that tested raids know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    To be perfectly fair you dont know this. The mmo-c Crowd is just a small, vocal part of the community. So is pretty much every other forum crowd.

Most wow players dont use forums. We cant say for sure how ppl feel unless you do an ingame vote of some sort
    In fairness, that's not really relevant at all. The group you're talking about wouldn't give a fuck if we had an option to allow the camera to zoom out to the normal distance or not anyway - they'd just keep on playing the way they prefer and be happy.

Having an *option* should infuriate nobody :/.

Quote Originally Posted by General Guderian View Post
    Or maybe they acknowledge the players desire to see more of the game...
    a small minority of players you mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In fairness, that's not really relevant at all. The group you're talking about wouldn't give a fuck if we had an option to allow the camera to zoom out to the normal distance or not anyway - they'd just keep on playing the way they prefer and be happy.

Having an *option* should infuriate nobody :/.
    You seem to think that if you arent on mmo-c you are a casual scrub?

You couldnt be further from the truth

Also the "group" i am talking about is the vast majority of wow players.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol I just expected it to be similar to the macro we all used, not literally zooming out to see all of azeroth. Yeah, something tells me this will be "fixed" by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You should take me seriously. I speak the truth and agree with @Darkguyver2020 100%.
    I take you seriously. Might even tattoo your name on my left shoulder. You wouldn't mind, would you?

You seem to think that if you arent on mmo-c you are a casual scrub?

You couldnt be further from the truth
    How on earth did you get THAT from what I wrote. Don't put words into my mouth; I ment exactly what I wrote, which is the fact that the people that you are implying aren't voicing their happiness with the change (AKA the largest crowd of the playerbase - the "casuals") won't care if we have an option to scroll further out, because it won't change the way they play the game.

I can't find anywhere in my post where I even remotely implied that they (as you state) are "casual scrubs", or "not on mmo champion" / any other sort of WoW fansite / connected to what is happening in the game. I'm merely stating that the ones who likes the way the camera currently is zoomed in, won't care if we have an option to zoom further out, because they can still play the way they prefer.

Deleted
    To be perfectly fair you dont know this. The mmo-c Crowd is just a small, vocal part of the community. So is pretty much every other forum crowd.

Most wow players dont use forums. We cant say for sure how ppl feel unless you do an ingame vote of some sort
    Also the vocal part of the community is about the negative things (mostly) and does not reflect at all the majority of the WoW playerbase.

I suggest you people to just get used to it and stop crying about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    How on earth did you get THAT from what I wrote. Don't put words into my mouth; I ment exactly what I wrote, which is the fact that the people that you are implying aren't voicing their happiness with the change (AKA the largest crowd of the playerbase - the "casuals") won't care if we have an option to scroll further out, because it won't change the way they play the game.

I can't find anywhere in my post where I even remotely implied that they (as you state) are "casual scrubs", or "not on mmo champion" / any other sort of WoW fansite / connected to what is happening in the game. I'm merely stating that the ones who likes the way the camera currently is zoomed in, won't care if we have an option to zoom further out, because they can still play the way they prefer.
    Again you dont know this. For example being a LoL player, i really wouldnt want the camera to be able to zoom out more, but if some people could do it, it would be a massive advantage to them.

Anyway its not really the problem. The problem is you are acting like everyone wants this, when in fact we dont know. Which is all i am saying

I hope they abolish this addon soon. I love to see all the people whine about their precious, precious camera distance
    In all seriousness tho: How come many of you think it's not an unfair advantage if you can scroll out until you can look across the world - behind your back?
    I for one am glad they finally fixed this ridicolous distance. If they went and made it ONLY as far as the slider goes - THAT would have been bad. But as you can still zoom out pretty far (which is more than enough imo) I don't see a problem. Well, aside from whiney people crying 24/7 about the Lollipop blizzard has taken away from them. But that's nothing new in the WoW community I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by jochie View Post
    Also the vocal part of the community is about the negative things (mostly) and does not reflect at all the majority of the WoW playerbase.

I suggest you people to just get used to it and stop crying about it.
    The part of the community that is negative about us being negative are the minority on forums.

I suggest you people just get used to it and stop crying about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    The only reason they did it was to slow down the super fast progression going on the last few years, with bosses and raid instances melting down in 5-10 days.

Its their way to mask their lazyness, instead of going and give a glory huge ass raid with 12-16 bosses, they cook whatever bullshit reason they can find to stall top world raiders. Not a single boss i tested in beta, and i tested them all, iw as able to see the entire model. Wasnt that their excuse that they wants ppl to see their models bla bla bla? Well newsflash.

MELEE AND TANKS CANNOT SEE ANYTHING ABOVE CHEST OR NECK OF THE MODEL. PERIOD. We need addons actually to see name plates. Great design there.

Disable a command or addon and then use another addon to fix what the first addon broke which wasnt broken in the first place.

And this is something all ppl in beta that tested raids know it.
    If it was lazyness, they wouldn't have bothered to remove it.

They have their reasons, obviously if it was plain black and white as some people like to picture this then we wouldn't even have a debate about this.

There's a reason and all I see are people taking immense deductive leaps pointing Blizzard for being an evil corporation.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    The part of the community that is negative about us being negative are the minority on forums.

I suggest you people just get used to it and stop crying about it.
    i love how people state their own desires as facts to try and win arguments.

Its so funny

i love how people state their own desires as facts to try and win arguments.

Its so funny
    I'm just pointing out how silly their statement is. You'll note that I followed the exact same wording they used for the second line in my post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I'm just pointing out how silly their statement is. You'll note that I followed the exact same wording they used for the second line in my post.
    It goes both ways. I'm quoting you because it directly says so in your post. I'm just tired of people in general acting liek their own personal feelings count for everyone and that their view is fact

It goes both ways. I'm quoting you because it directly says so in your post. I'm just tired of people in general acting liek their own personal feelings count for everyone and that their view is fact
    I like how you complain about that, yet this was one of your posts earlier.

Pot. Kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    If it was lazyness, they wouldn't have bothered to remove it.

They have their reasons, obviously if it was plain black and white as some people like to picture this then we wouldn't even have a debate about this.

There's a reason and all I see are people taking immense deductive leaps pointing Blizzard for being an evil corporation.
    And their reasons was 2 things.

Unfair advantage and they wanted ppl to see their artwork. Again we cannot see their artwork cause we basically are inside low poly pixels. Ill give an example for some melee classes. Rogues dfa, warriors charge, demon hunters fel rush when used basically puts u instantly inside the bosses model (warriors not so much) and it takes literally the camera 2-3 sec before underps and zooms out again to the whatever cvar set was by blizz. This is unacceptable from a raiders point of view, not being able to see anything especially in progression for that amount of time and especially when the said ability is used 150 times in a 6 min fight.

Talking about advantage blizz clearly has diff ideas of what is advantage and what is not. A certain addon which was created if i recall 5-6 years ago allows 100% script rotaion by just mouseover a macro icon. They know it, ppl use it. If that is not an unfair advantage over ppl that didnt know that or they dont know how to set it well then i dont know what is.

I wont tell the name of addon but pretty much is very well know. If u want to know what is it just pm me.

And all would be fine and well if they didnt drag the cvar so far to the left. Instead of putting at 1.9 they could scale the slider to 2.2-2.3 and nobody would ever complain.
    Last edited by precious; 2016-08-03 at 12:46 AM.

Again you dont know this. For example being a LoL player, i really wouldnt want the camera to be able to zoom out more, but if some people could do it, it would be a massive advantage to them.

Anyway its not really the problem. The problem is you are acting like everyone wants this, when in fact we dont know. Which is all i am saying

But you have the option of zooming out if you want the same advantage. Saying "I don't want others to be able to play the way they want" in a fucking MMORPG? That's like if one kid brought the entire class ice cream because it was his birthday, but because some of the kids in class are lactose intolerant, NONE of the kids are allowed to have the ice cream because it'd be unfair.

As for the whole "we don't know how many actually wants this", that's SOUNDS like a fair argument - but you also don't know how many *doesn't* want it to happen, which essentially cancels it out entirely. It's not a good argument against having the option available to everyone - nothing really is, because options means your style of play is always going to be available. I mean, do you know how many people actually *want* the click-to-move functionality? I don't, but we still have the option if you really want to feel like it's League of Legends (Interface->Mouse->Click to move, then right click anywhere you want to move to). It's entirely useless to me, but for all I know it's the only way some guy knows how to navigate the world. So it's there for him to use, and for me to not give a shit about.

i think its only good for people that still use 14 inch monitors at 800*600 resolution, didnt know there are so many of those out there.

maxcam addon is Open API (safe)?!