Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    so they were too incompitent to get pokemon go down so they switched to a soft target like blizz yeah a bunch of shit script kiddies
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    gothca. cant be stopped is what im getting from all this explanation. can it be mitigated? im guessing there has to be something that can be done? could be wrong but just curious.
    Preemptively? Not really.

There are some DDoS protection services like Cloudflare, which sit between web servers and client computers to attempt to protect the server from potential attacks, but Cloudflare doesn't provide protection for ports used by gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if it's young adults doing this, then we have a serious education problem : P
    I mean a large portion of current young adults and under being spoiled shitheads isn't exactly news either.

gothca. cant be stopped is what im getting from all this explanation. can it be mitigated? im guessing there has to be something that can be done? could be wrong but just curious.
    Yes, give them money, or agree to look at resumes.

It's the only reason groups such as these have a social media footprint

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Let me guess, Moon Guard?

Cause i never ran into that kind of freaks on either ED or Maelstrom/Veco.
    I am on moonguard and I can confirm people do that, had a guy post in trade the other day wanting to.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Let me guess, Moon Guard?

Cause i never ran into that kind of freaks on either ED or Maelstrom/Veco.
    No, I don't play on RP servers, that's why it pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    No, I don't play on RP servers, that's why it pissed me off.
    The disease is spreading.

Maybe there's spores in the air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they attack blizzard? Why not attack some government website or release alien photos from nasa..

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Why would they attack blizzard? Why not attack some government website or release alien photos from nasa..
    Because attacking a govt will involve military grade reply.

And those kids really do not like real jail time.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because they have no actual ability, that's why everyone is saying they are simply petulant children. You and anyone else here could DDoS someone right now if you wanted to.

Well, what's really happening is, as others have said, the computers doing the ddos'ing are sendng "Hello, are you there, I'd like to talk to you" packets to the servers. These packets are the same as the legitimate packets actual players send. The servers respond by sending "Yes, I'm here, are you still there? If so, let's talk" packets back to the clients - again, the same ones they always send.

Now, if the computer that initiated the conversation is a real player's computer, it will respond "Yes, I'm here, thanks for responding", and then they can communicate. But with the ddos computers, when the server responds, they never answer back. So the servers get swamped with connections, try to respond, and never get answers back. But they can't tell which connections are real and which aren't, so they just keep trying to talk to each computer, until nobody can get in.

The servers would have to be able to distinguish legitimate conversations from illegitimate ones, which they can't do. All they see is the packets.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

No worries, seems Poodlecorp's website got hacked, their DDOS tool leaked and their user data leaked by an another group, check out leakedsource's twitter for more

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope these basement dwellers don't pull this crap when Legion goes live.

Because they just want the attention. They don't have the capacity to cause any real harm.

But if they were to go after the government, they'd have the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and any other agency that wanted to get their names in the papers after them. They'd also probably be marked as terrorists and spend some real time behind bars.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrowrath View Post
    No worries, seems Poodlecorp's website got hacked, their DDOS tool leaked and their user data leaked by an another group, check out leakedsource's twitter for more
    yes some real nerds finally took it to the fake nerds

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Dammit, I just got that max cam addon before raid and now this happens?
    What max cam addon is this? PM if you don't want it getting out, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    What max cam addon is this? PM if you don't want it getting out, heh.
    Its called Maxcam and u can download it via curse client or the website for it.

More people we get using it the better
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Because attacking a govt will involve military grade reply.

And those kids really do not like real jail time.
    They've DDOS'd the white house before, I think IRS as well. It's not common though, I can only recall it happening once. I'm sure if they attempted to DDOS .gov sites as much as they do blizz there would be a lot of jail time being thrown around.

I think they should be neutered. Oh wait, they're losers so they won't even know what a vagina looks like.

I wonder what is so enjoyable about picking on gamers? Personally if I had that kind of power I'd go pick on Trump and Clinton.