Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ill just head on over to the official forums and check Blizzards official thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Ill just head on over to the official forums and check Blizzards official thoughts on this.
    http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612844067

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I like how you complain about that, yet this was one of your posts earlier.

Pot. Kettle.
    Ehm. I'm not sure what you mean. Its a fact that most wow players dont use forums. Both here and on wows official forums they had stats for how many people where on them.

so yeah....

Does anyone know why this addon wont work for very few people? I've tried redownloading it a few times and reseting the game fully, other people have tried deleting there WTF folders but nothing worked. If anyone has suggestions, please reply to my post, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    This addon will be considered an exploit and people will lose their accounts for cheating. So no, it's not stupid.
    It's using ingame enabled API, no glitch or hack, it won't get you banned so yes, it's stupid.

Edit: Commands > API
    Last edited by mitre27; 2016-08-03 at 01:06 AM.

I'm going to prbly not use this addon till we know its not going to get broken.

yeah, this is going to be disabled. nice white hat find though - very probable that a lot of people already knew about this and were keeping it quiet - kudos to ketho for getting it publicly acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I'm not saying people shouldn't complain. But they should make critical posts in a calm, rational and polite manner.
    Most of the community instead resorts to throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat that had their favorite toy taken away.
    So basically the opposite of what you're doing -- which is throwing a tantrum at people criticizing the max camera distance?
    Not everyone has to be calm about what they are doing. If the developers or you are that sensitive then you might want to consider not being around those people instead of asking them to change. You'll be a lot better luck changing yourself than you will with others.

disable nuke incoming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This is not an issue of not being able to play while hamstrung. It's an issue of this not being nearly as enjoyable as it used to be, because we are hamstrung. People taking small potshots at others saying "WELL IF YOU CAN'T RAID WITHOUT THE DISTANCE, YOU WEREN'T EVER A PROPER RAIDER" - just stop yourself. That's not what we're discussing. We're discussing if this is an enjoyable change to the game that benefits the immersion. I'd say being blasted with so much neon-green that I can't even figure out where I have to run to avoid it by *looking* rather than *knowing* makes it bad. But that's just my opinion.
    This is the only part I'm gonna comment on because I can't be arsed on the rest and yes (small comment I guess) I haven't raided much since Cataclysm (Although I'm not gonna deny sitting on worlds fastest kills from then/some top 1-10 logs as DPS make me think I'd know a 'lil of what I'm talking about).

Anyways, what I wrote in my comment is the ONLY issue I have with it. People who say they can't play as MELEE (meaning they say they play worse) with the new camera change. I perfectly understand that if you find it more enjoyable/comfortable that's a valid reason for you to want it and if so I guess I hope Blizzard bring it back. I'll stick to my initial point tho that if it cripples people when it comes to playing melee (to the point where they play BAD) then the camera change isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I'm going to prbly not use this addon till we know its not going to get broken.
    Yeah I would expect that if blizzard's stance on the subject has not changed then this would be fixed in the not too distant future.
    Perhaps even pre-legion.
    Given how this allows the camera to go so far as to break the terrain drawing, then nobody can argue that this is intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    This is the only part I'm gonna comment on because I can't be arsed on the rest and yes (small comment I guess) I haven't raided much since Cataclysm (Although I'm not gonna deny sitting on worlds fastest kills from then/some top 1-10 logs as DPS make me think I'd know a 'lil of what I'm talking about).

Anyways, what I wrote in my comment is the ONLY issue I have with it. People who say they can't play as MELEE (meaning they say they play worse) with the new camera change. I perfectly understand that if you find it more enjoyable/comfortable that's a valid reason for you to want it and if so I guess I hope Blizzard bring it back. I'll stick to my initial point tho that if it cripples people when it comes to playing melee (to the point where they play BAD) then the camera change isn't the problem.

Fair enough if you don't want to comment on the rest, but I can't agree entirely to what you're saying. I have another example from one of our melee - a DK - who is assigned to grip infernals (that all spawn in ranged) to a specific position in the melee. He openly told me - "I can't see their position as well from the melee anymore, so I can't grip them as precisely. If they spawn close to each other/on top of each other, I won't be able to quickly identify which one is closest to me, so there might be some clashing with what the *other* DK is trying to grip aswell". In fewer words (and much more crude, because we are MEN god damnit), but I felt I had to elaborate fully what he was implying to make sure it doesn't get misinterpreted. Here's a snip from him tonight after finding out about this addon:
    https://gyazo.com/f6b8acef0cd1800a5a61d80f1177a188 - "His Arm" being Archimonde's.

Our dks are great players, both with plenty of top ranks (although those mean a lot less nowadays, when ranks are almost entirely based on how well you can pad), both former officers of "high end" guilds. But the cameradistance being lower hinders them from playing as well as they did before, because they simply can't see as far back as they could previously. That has nothing to do with how good they are as players; If you are physically hindered from seeing as much as you used to and you were using that information, that's not the player becoming worse - that's an artificial, new limit on what the player is able to do.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2016-08-03 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    just because youre not able to learn without watching a video doesnt mean other people cant. your ignorance is overwhelming. im done here.
    oh ok the easy way to learn paragons of the klaxxi heroic(now mythic) was read all their abilities not watch a video.

oh wait you never killed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your right you never said it, so I may have read a post of urs wrong or mixed it up with someone elses.

Myfault.

Also to be clear about a comment you made, No I don't watch videos to learn how to play. I learn as I go and watch them after to see what was done different.
    you don't do above normal what normal mode videos are you watching? do people even bother to film and upload them to youtube?

this isn't me attacking you two, it's pointing out the gigantic flaws in your argument and defending the people releasing mythic kill videos and how "nearly" all mythic raiders will use these to their advantage and learn from them.

So yeah, BlizzDev: "i already fixed the camera stuff awhile ago, you guys just forced me to move it into a hotfix ;p"

We already knew this would happen but now it's confirmed. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    So yeah, BlizzDev: "i already fixed the camera stuff awhile ago, you guys just forced me to move it into a hotfix ;p"
    We already knew this would happen but now it's confirmed. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Too bad, the change they made to the camera is just pure aids.

ALreayd said that but: disable nuke incoming

Deleted
    Enjoy it while it lasts, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    just because youre not able to learn without watching a video doesnt mean other people cant. your ignorance is overwhelming. im done here.
    So when u going to get mythic Manno and arch on ur mage?

I'm certainly not one to assume wrong motives or conspiracy theories (eg, I'd just consider their silence on this to be them discussing what exactly they want to do here and how to answer. Not ignoring it) but in this case it would not shock me at all if Blizz just decides to use this as a simple way to gracefully exit stage left on this issue.

Just let the addon go and everything mostly back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

wow i didnt know you could zoom to the Moon with that addon. i just installed and was happy i got my "old max" back