Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Fair enough if you don't want to comment on the rest, but I can't agree entirely to what you're saying. I have another example from one of our melee - a DK - who is assigned to grip infernals (that all spawn in ranged) to a specific position in the melee. He openly told me - "I can't see their position as well from the melee anymore, so I can't grip them as precisely. If they spawn close to each other/on top of each other, I won't be able to quickly identify which one is closest to me, so there might be some clashing with what the *other* DK is trying to grip aswell". In fewer words (and much more crude, because we are MEN god damnit), but I felt I had to elaborate fully what he was implying to make sure it doesn't get misinterpreted. Here's a snip from him tonight after finding out about this addon:
    https://gyazo.com/f6b8acef0cd1800a5a61d80f1177a188 - "His Arm" being Archimonde's.

Our dks are great players, both with plenty of top ranks (although those mean a lot less nowadays, when ranks are almost entirely based on how well you can pad), both former officers of "high end" guilds. But the cameradistance being lower hinders them from playing as well as they did before, because they simply can't see as far back as they could previously. That has nothing to do with how good they are as players; If you are physically hindered from seeing as much as you used to and you were using that information, that's not the player becoming worse - that's an artificial, new limit on what the player is able to do.
    Damn you and your reasonable response. I was very grumpy earlier when I wrote my previous(first) comment and I shouldn't really be on forums then

I'm not gonna go back and edit my comment though because I did say that. The problem for me is that most people I've seen complaining about it complains about it BEING COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE without giving any proper support to their claim (someone said Fatboss had taken a pretty clear stance on it but I couldn't find it, I don't watch ALL Their videos).

But I guess you changed my mind, personally I can do without it, I'd even go as far as to say that zooming out as much as some people does would make me play a 'lil worse than anything else. But each to their own I guess, if this really is a problem for some I'd say Blizz should bring it back. But yeah, the addon really isn't a cure, hopefully it will help Blizz realize.

There's tons of ways they could slow the progression race for players, but very few of them don't result in screwing over the rest of the player base (limiting lockouts to accounts, more loot restrictions, etc).

I don't see how this is in any way, shape or form a problem. Having giant beams of lights to detect rares? Sure. But even a "fair" max zoom options (twice what we have now, not what's showcased in stormwind video) isn't going to let people exploit or hack. It certainly grants an advantage over people staring at shins, but so do simple addons like DBM, weakaura strings and rotation-based addons like CLCret (and variations of it for other specs). If you run addons, you're ALWAYS going to be at an advantage over others, and there's no legitimate reason they would ban one obtained through fair means without feeling pressured by players to remove them all.

We could resort back to the days of dial-up, terrible PCs, no voice-comm/DBM, singular toons, screwed up loot, lack of legitimate guides and forums/communication amongst players, incompetent specs, and everything else Vanilla raiding had to offer if you want to bring back that "genuine raid experience" and make tiers last longer than 2 weeks, which for 99.9% of players, do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    Damn you and your reasonable response. I was very grumpy earlier when I wrote my previous(first) comment and I shouldn't really be on forums then

I'm not gonna go back and edit my comment though because I did say that. The problem for me is that most people I've seen complaining about it complains about it BEING COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE without giving any proper support to their claim (someone said Fatboss had taken a pretty clear stance on it but I couldn't find it, I don't watch ALL Their videos).

But I guess you changed my mind, personally I can do without it, I'd even go as far as to say that zooming out as much as some people does would make me play a 'lil worse than anything else. But each to their own I guess, if this really is a problem for some I'd say Blizz should bring it back. But yeah, the addon really isn't a cure, hopefully it will help Blizz realize.
    Reasonable discussion is the best - people don't have to agree with each other, but we can still appreciate what other people are saying :P. Sadly, Blizzard seems to not know this, and prefers staying silent.

In any case, I fully understand that some people can play as well as they need to (and feel that they perform at their peak performance with), using the current available maxdistance. I just can't do that personally because I have to keep track of my entire raid and lead them through encounters. I can't do that if I can't *see* them, so I'm super salty about this entire thing, and wish they would just give us the *option* of playing zoomed out, if we so desire. I'm lucky that I played a tank *this* tier, and not the next, because I know the arm of which our DK speaks - I used to be the DK gripping the infernal to his current spot (we have 2x monk tanks now instead of a DK tank), and every time Archimonde swings, his entire arm would block your screen out if you weren't max zoomed out (and occasionally WITH max zoom, if you had a bad angle).

Not to even mention how little I'd be able to call out seething patterns as a tank with the new distance <.<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Probably, Blizz says it took it away because it gave an unfair advantage, so you are probs cheating in their eyes, it will be hotfixed anyway, I can't see them allowing it.
    Unfair advantage to who? Everyone could do it and doesn't bigwigs and DBM give people an unfair advantage too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    wow i didnt know you could zoom to the Moon with that addon. i just installed and was happy i got my "old max" back
    I don't know why I laughed so hard at this
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Two possibilities.

1) The mod gets broken by Blizzard.

2) The solution for max range goes from "enter this obscure console command" to "install this addon".

Shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is brilliant.
    If Blizzard shuts this down the rage will just grow stronger.
    It will be bad publicity for Blizz if they nuke this.
    Judging by how popular this add-on is should tell them their decision to nerf the camera was idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So when u going to get mythic Manno and arch on ur mage?
    probably never. if you had half of a brain you would have noticed my last kill was about a year ago, since you were pathetic and desperate enough to look through my achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh ok the easy way to learn paragons of the klaxxi heroic(now mythic) was read all their abilities not watch a video.

oh wait you never killed it.
    i never did mythic paragons? weird. looks like i killed it in march of 2014, on my god awful server that was server first iirc. you should probly check achievements instead of going by that terrible list on armory.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Tercio; 2016-08-03 at 03:42 PM.

"This camera bug was already fixed in an upcoming patch, but the addon now forced Blizzard to move it into a hotfix" - Ketho

That's from the developer of the addon.

It's already a ToS issue in Blizz's eyes and you can be banned if they discover you are using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkahn View Post
    It's already a ToS issue in Blizz's eyes and you can be banned if they discover you are using it.
    You don't really have any idea,do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Volkahn View Post
    No, you can't.

Deleted
    It's clearly an exploit as you can verify if you look at the addon's code.

Code:
    function CameraZoomIn()
    	target = min(GetCameraZoom()-db.increment, db.distance)
    	MoveViewInStart(db.speed)
    	isZoomIn = true
    	f:Show()
    end

function CameraZoomOut()
    	target = min(GetCameraZoom()+db.increment, db.distance)
    	MoveViewInStart(-db.speed) -- bug
    	isZoomIn = false
    	f:Show()
    end
    It overrides 2 API functions, and uses negative zoom-in to accomplish an unchecked zoom-out, therefore exploiting a bug in MoveViewInStart. All they have to do to fix it, is to not allow negative numbers being used with those functions. Or do it sledgehammer style and make the functions protected, which means addons can't use them anymore at all.
    The funny thing is that he even marked the line in question with a "-- bug" comment lol.

I would love to be banned for using this, it would just prove my point that Blizzard not only do not listen to players, but they also listen to salty players which absolutely hate others players which like something else than they do. I don't get a point of people that are completely mad just because someone else like to play zoomed out ... This is not an issue - if they claim something that thrived for over 10 years is unfair ... maybe they should delete all gladiator achievements and mounts since SOMEONE could have unfair advantage? And if we are talking about advantage ... maybe it is time to block addons like DBM, GTFO, Skada/Recount - as they also give intel, we could also see blocking ElvUI as it is too pretty and Blizzard can feel underestimated as many people do not like default UI. Or just remove addon support all together since it would made game more difficult and this is what majority players want!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The funny thing is that he even marked the line in question with a "-- bug" comment lol.
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-08-03 at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Depends how many install this. Will blizz ban 1000 people, 10000 people, 100000 people, 1000000 people? After all, those people put food on blizzard employees tables.

Just keep this post bumped to frontpage so more people learn about this addon.

thanks for the addon

- - - Updated - - -

its actually a great addon

Quote Originally Posted by Redasurc View Post
    Depends how many install this. Will blizz ban 1000 people, 10000 people, 100000 people, 1000000 people? After all, those people put food on blizzard employees tables.

Just keep this post bumped to frontpage so more people learn about this addon.
    they will ban nobody since its an Addon you can download from Curse.

this addon will get nuked harder than killer memestars sub box
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be interesting to see how long this addon lasts before Blizz nukes it and the rage begins again..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    this addon will get nuked harder than killer memestars sub box
    And I can see the rage this will cause when that happens, be pretty much rioting in the streets and more unsavory actions..

Deleted
    I barely even had to scroll out to get back to what I was playing with before the patch, and it made a hell of a difference. Shame the devs are so petty that they can't admit their mistakes and increase the amount you can zoom out by a small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    I barely even had to scroll out to get back to what I was playing with before the patch, and it made a hell of a difference. Shame the devs are so petty that they can't admit their mistakes and increase the amount you can zoom out by a small amount.
    yep, if only they would give us 1.5x what we have now on LIVE realms it would be much more comfortable to play ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.