Poll: Night Elf Paladins

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought you were gonna say class changes but ya I could see night elf paladins. But there is no need for it. There are already 3 alliance races for paladin but only 2 horde
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Outside of maybe undead, I don't see why any race can't be paladins. Anyone can see "the Light", and be "converted", ya know?
    Orc can't use the light.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Outside of maybe undead, I don't see why any race can't be paladins. Anyone can see "the Light", and be "converted", ya know?
    Forsaken Priests are already capable of wielding the Light.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

undead makes alot of sense for paladins

pitty its next expansion and not legion, i hate belfs and taurens.
    Kind of wanted legion to be my last xpack : p oh well got try it!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Except for Tauren rogues.
    To play Devil's Advocate... somewhat... Tauren Hunters have been able to use camouflage for quite a while. Just an interesting thought.

I doubt that there will be any more alliance race paladins.

night elf paladins make a lot of sense. the priesthood is quite militaristic, and they all wield elune's light.

there's also a night elf paladin ghost i've heard of.

also, in the well of eternity dungeon, there are night elf paladin guards.

Deleted
    Seen this a while ago when she was revealed as a pally-champion. She will be holy; which isn't all that far from being a priest (which she already is). Outside of this i'm not fond of the idea of Nelf paladins (inbound chars named: Pallydanxx,Holyillidan, etc...).

Like others have stated forsaken would make way more sense as it is... and even their representative went mad as a hatter due to the pain of being infused by the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    When an undead can be a holy priest, which gets burned every time it heals someone (at least according to lore), then following that the every race should be able to be any class. Except for Tauren rogues.
    Is it because they are big?? Pandaren can be rogues u know, and taurens can camo as a hunter >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Ud paladins make more sense than nightelves
    How so...... undead are literally destroyed and burned in pain as they beacon the holy light. Example sir zeliek. Anyway calling it now, Illidan becomes a Paladin by the end of legion. Its hinted at during some quests, that he would wield the light, only one class wield the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Forsaken Priests are already capable of wielding the Light.
    Priests and Paladin dont use the light the same way lorewise. Priests merely calls on it. Paladin becomes light. Hence all the aura and radiances ability. Paladin embodies the light. The few example of Undead paladin we have always mention how excruciating and unplausible it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I thought you were gonna say class changes but ya I could see night elf paladins. But there is no need for it. There are already 3 alliance races for paladin but only 2 horde
    there is only 3 shaman for alliance and 5 for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    How so...... undead are literally destroyed and burned in pain as they beacon the holy light. Example sir zeliek
    I'm fairly certain he is not getting burned for wielding the Light in undeath.

I'm fairly certain he is not getting burned for wielding the Light in undeath.
    He is... thats part of his lore lol. Ever since the original Naxx. Hes even body controlled to keep using it against his will. There two race that are unlikely to call the light, orcs and undead. Some rarity could occure, but thats the thing if they let player do it, youll have million of undead paladins, which dont make sense, with all the drawbacks only a select few would ever do it. Every other races can have plently of members joining the knight of the silver hand.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-03 at 12:43 PM.

He is... thats part of his lore lol.
    Does he get destroyed by Light lol?
    Does it do any visible damage to him lol?
    Does he lose hp while calling the Light?

Why do canned beefsteaks wield the Light?
    How is this ok with lore and undead are not?

Does he get destroyed by Light lol?
    Does it do any visible damage to him lol?
    Does he lose hp while calling the Light?

Why do canned beefsteaks wield the Light?
    How is this ok with lore and undead are not?
    Because anybody can beacons the light. Even undead, it just happens to burn them. Doesent matter if it doesent destroy them... Why would many undead be paladin if they burn themselves when ever they cast spells...Most clearly wouldnt bother. Any race can be a paladin. Doesent matter what Tauren think its the light of the sun or night elves the light of the moon. Its neither, they embody the holy light, an other entity entirly that fights for good. Even the Naru uses it. In the legion quests we already know Illidan was meant to be a night elf Paladin. He was destined to beacon light unlike other night elves, with his golden eyes. By the final raid of Legion Illidan will be a Paladin to fight the legion, calling it now lol..

Look paladin now holds ashbringer and all, but lets be real eventually we wont stay the leaders of the entire class. Illidan will take Tirion place. Just watch!
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-03 at 12:58 PM.

Because anybody can beacons the light. Even undead, it just happens to burn them. Doesent matter if it doesent destroy them... Why would many undead be paladin if they burn themselves when ever they cast spells...Most clearly wouldnt bother. Any race can be a paladin. Doesent matter what Tauren think its the light of the sun or night elves the light of the moon. Its neither, they embody the holy light, an other entity entirly that fights for good. Even the Naru uses it. In the legion quests we already know Illidan was meant to be a night elf Paladin. He was destined to beacon light unlike other night elves, with his golden eyes. By the final raid of Legion Illidan will be a Paladin to fight the legion, calling it now lol..

Look paladin now holds ashbringer and all, but lets be real eventually we wont stay the leaders of the entire class. Illidan will take Tirion place. Just watch!
    Illidan as a Paladin Class leader, yeah right.
    Here's to hoping we won't see such a turn of events.

Illidan as a Paladin Class leader, yeah right.
    Here's to hoping we won't see such a turn of events.
    Thats what the quests hints at. Hes jesus or a paladin or both. By the end of legion, Illidan will wield the light.

Thats what the quests hints at. Hes jesus or a paladin or both. By the end of legion, Illidan will wield the light.
    Basic Campfire would've suited the job of wielding the Light better, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Is it because they are big?? Pandaren can be rogues u know, and taurens can camo as a hunter >.<
    Yes. Cows can easily weigh more that 1,000 pounds. Assuming that Taurens are somewhat similar and they walk on their back two hooves, I just can't see how a creature like that could sneak.
    Fantasy setting? Yes. Undead, elves & dwarves? Yes. Able to fire bullets under water? Yes. Magic, dragons and all that? Yes. Tauren rogues? Gotta draw the line someplace.

I'd be fine with it. Barely any race options for one on the alliance. As long as they gave them (and priests) a glyph to give the light a pale appearance to reflect Elune. Sunwalkers need a deeper orange color as well (y'know, for the sun). Changing the hue and saturation of spell effects really wouldn't be that time consuming. An intern could probably do it.

But since they just added gnome hunters to balance out the number of class/race combos each faction has, I don't think it'll happen before the next expansion at the very earliest. Although I've always wondered why worgen weren't given paladin as an option. They're humans just the same and I don't see how a curse that literally prevents undeath could stop them from being paladins when they have priests. Maybe it just has something to do with their seclusion and the Church of the Holy Light not having as strong of a presence there. Would be fine with trolls also getting it if it's prevalent in Zandalari society.

Hoping that we eventually see NE Paladins. There really isn't much of a reason to keep it away from them that I can think of.