Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    Assuming you split the WoW community in elitists and casual, guess what, you missed a big chunk, peoples who true love WoW as game, peoples who played Warcraft 1,2,3 before WoW even existed. Is something what you probable can't understand and you think everybody run after titles or mounts.

And please, stop commenting about vanilla WoW, you did not played that, you have no idea how it was.. wasn't anything about epic items, everything was about adventure.
    Oh I played Vanilla WoW. All the adventuring was great. It was fun discovering new zones, learning how to ride for the first time, figuring out how to do the attunement quest for Onyxia, Blackwing Lair, and Molten Core. The goal was to explore as much as the content as possible, which also meant a sense of awe at seeing someone wearing epic items from raids, and wanting to get some of those for myself, because they represented what the player had gone through to get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    I get why they needed to go and also why they didnt want to put work into still having the quests be accessable. You have had plenty of time to try the quests to be fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    Oh I played Vanilla WoW. All the adventuring was great. It was fun discovering new zones, learning how to ride for the first time, figuring out how to do the attunement quest for Onyxia, Blackwing Lair, and Molten Core. The goal was to explore as much as the content as possible, which also meant a sense of awe at seeing someone wearing epic items from raids, and wanting to get some of those for myself, because they represented what the player had gone through to get it.
    The only reason epic items where seen as "epic" back then was because not everyone was decked in them.

HOWEVER.

Raids back then was ridiculuously easy compared to today. In molten core we had time intervals between the tanks where we would simply go afk and let another team take over tanking.

The only reason people didnt have epics was because they didnt raid. It was put up on this pedistal where it seriously didnt belong.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The only reason epic items where seen as "epic" back then was because not everyone was decked in them.

HOWEVER.

Raids back then was ridiculuously easy compared to today. In molten core we had time intervals between the tanks where we would simply go afk and let another team take over tanking.

The only reason people didnt have epics was because they didnt raid. It was put up on this pedistal where it seriously didnt belong.
    Compared to today raiding wasn't particularly difficult, no. Save for one aspect: coordinating 40 people compared to today's 10 to 25. It is also worth noting that WoW was the first MMO that many played, and thus the first game in where many had to react to large scale mechanics. Those mechanics weren't difficult, no, but there was a learning curve that the instances prior to the first raids didn't prepare the players for.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so please tell me, how i can go get aetiesh?
    It's gone becaues the raid itself you aquired it from is gone.

Warglaives are still there. Thorid'al is still there. Valyn'ar, Shadowmourne Tarecgosa's Rest, Fangs of the Father are all still present and still can be acquired and were ment to be more exclusive than the RIng and Cape were and had significantly less expansion story dedicated to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    The reason that legendary items become unobtainable after some time is because they are intended to be legendary items.
    So these other Legendaries are still obtainable because...?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post

So these other Legendaries are still obtainable because...?
    Transmog purposes? Otherwise they're useless.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Can taste the bitterness in your post.

OT: They're taking it out because it's no longer relevant and neither is the item that it created. The fact that the item in question was so accessible during the current xpac means that anyone who wanted it, has it, or at this point is very close to having it. There's no need to keep the reward in the game after that.

That being said, i do agree that keeping the story in somehow would be awesome. I did like the MoP quest line (didn't much care for the cloak as a reward, or the ring - i'm not a HUGE fan of everyone getting everything for nothing- just my own preference of course).
    You might as well reverse it and say there's no need to remove it. The quest style for the MoP and WoD legendaries are fairly similar to the ones for the staff and daggers, and to Shadowmourne to a lesser degree. Collect X amount of a raid drop, do a more or less solo quest, collect X amount of another raid drop, etc, etc. Yet those are still in the game and can actually make for a nice solo experience. I liked getting the staff and daggers despite them being obsolete for years. I see no reason why someone that skipped (most of) WoD or MoP shouldn't be able to get the legendaries from those expansions. The cloak even has an actual use for Timewalking (the ring is terrible though).

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    a lot of games have timed events, having these events aka quests run an entire expansion is like that.

Aion had events that ended and rewards could no longer be obtained.
    Swtor did
    LOTRO Did
    Rift Did
    Wildstar Did
    Skyforge Did

get my point.

its good to make things prestigous so you can see who has slugged it out and put in the most effort in the game.

kind of defeatws the purpose of playing the current content if you can go back 3-4 expacs later and get the same rewards that people strived for while it was current.

removing things from the game also makes them more valuable at the time, and kind of drags people back into the game to achieve them.
    The only thing Wildstar had that could no longer be obtained was a refund

10+ Year Old Account
    They reward your suffering with special snowflake syndrome.

The topic of the thread is 'removing content". ie. quest chains. Not loot. But as usual, the entire conversation becomes all about loot.

We get it. The rings and cloaks are special. You go sit on the bridge in IF and admire your ring. But the issue is big chunks of the past two expansion have been ripped out, so anyone playing them from this point forward won't get the whole story.

I don't know about you, but if I were starting WoW right now, or coming back from quitting in Cata, I'd be pretty pissed that I'll never get the whole story of two expansions. Cause, you know, I'm a wierdo that actually likes story and lore and isn't tunnel visioned on loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I don't know about you, but if I were starting WoW right now, or coming back from quitting in Cata, I'd be pretty pissed that I'll never get the whole story of two expansions. Cause, you know, I'm a wierdo that actually likes story and lore and isn't tunnel visioned on loot.
    I'm still peeved I can't do the Wrathgate event or the Invasion of the Undercity on my alts.

Blizzard likes to create a very toxic and elitist environment for their game. There is absolutely no reason to remove quests, items, etc. but they do it anyway because they want people to be able to brag that they did 'X' when it was "relevant".

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Limited time events generate subs. The end.
    Yet they have lost subs the past 3 Xpacs. I think it's a lazy argument to say it's about money. They are losing subs, the game is shrinking, how many people are subbing to this game just to get a blah cloak and a blah ring? Warglaives, Shadowmourne and the Staff of Tarecgocosa are much more interesting items to collect and have to show off.

Folks keep complaining that their legandaries aren't special enough and now that Blizzard does something to make them special people complain it's a money grab. One side is always going to be unhappy and accuse Blizzard of a money grab, whch is why I think it's a lazy argument to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Blizzard likes to create a very toxic and elitist environment for their game. There is absolutely no reason to remove quests, items, etc. but they do it anyway because they want people to be able to brag that they did 'X' when it was "relevant".
    By that logic, whenever a store advertises "The first 100 people through the door will get a free T-shirt," they're not doing it to incentivize people to come early, but rather they are hoping to make their store's clientele toxic by letting some people brag about getting the T-shirt.

Instead of getting rid of the content they should just remove the rewards, or remove them until theyre old enough not to matter anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishiyumi View Post
    for everyone defending it saying "its not current so it doesn't matter" can't wait till they remove every item in the game that isn't 110 and ilevel 1400
    edit : will be fun leveling from level 1 to 110 naked
    You will have Heirlooms

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    By that logic, whenever a store advertises "The first 100 people through the door will get a free T-shirt," they're not doing it to incentivize people to come early, but rather they are hoping to make their store's clientele toxic by letting some people brag about getting the T-shirt.
    That's not even remotely similar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The legendary quest lines are far too integral to the WoD and mop story to be removed. They should just remove the legendary ring itself but keep the questline active.
    You think people are going to ever bother grinding 300 Elemental Tablets and 4096 Apexis Crystals to experience the Lore?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    You think people are going to ever bother grinding 300 Elemental Tablets and 4096 Apexis Crystals to experience the Lore?
    I agree that without the ring as a reward, the quest lines should be majorly condensed. Make the quest finishablein a week or two by removing the grinding requirements but maintain the other required raid boss drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15