Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This RNG on like everything (Traits + Legendaries + Tier) is worrying me. I mean how can you give a healer RNG ... "hey sorry for the wipe but X didint proc" especally if you reduce the number of healers or on Mythic++ Dungeons. Doesnt look good for druids if Shamans pull equal numbers what they do I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by wakii View Post
    This RNG on like everything (Traits + Legendaries + Tier) is worrying me. I mean how can you give a healer RNG ... "hey sorry for the wipe but X didint proc" especally if you reduce the number of healers or on Mythic++ Dungeons. Doesnt look good for druids if Shamans pull equal numbers what they do I suppose.
    In this regard regrowth seems to be the only thing I would blame resto druid for RNG, this goes for both mythic+ and raiding (arguably I had a point where my tank had to LoH because of no tranq crits on him, when needed.) Regrowth, seems like the devs are pretty okay with 40% crit from gear/abundance is good enough to cover this.

Dreamwalker doesnt have that bad RNG so its pretty okay, PotA doesn't really provide all that much (when it procs its good, but you dont rely on it.), additional healing is pretty good, but Wildgrowth already has good instant healing, and sure there might come up cases where stars are way out of position and you dont get anything off apart from a flat WG + nature's essence, but then again, if you are relying this much on your resto druid(s) to have these proc, then you should perhaps look at your raid comp instead of complaining about some RNG.

Additionally noone expects you to have the legendary.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-08-02 at 08:23 PM.

I'm torn between sticking with my druid or rerolling for shaman. My major concern with the druid is the heavy focus an WG
    *2/4 t19 bonus
    *2 golden dragons
    *Prosperity and SotF talents
    *Essence and Flourish

Transforming the spell into a very efficient and powerful mini-tranq, if everything procs and alligns. Our direct heals are meh, RJ spamming is not an option, mana restriction seems to hit druids hardest. This looks like a one trick pony to me, two trick with tranq. I don't question the raw healing power of a well played rdruid, but I just feel uncomfortable with this narrowed toolkit. Reminds of shamans in BT. I can almost see myself just wrathing, refreshing LB and Efflo, spending my MoC procs and throwing a RJ here and there, while waiting for the WG CD. Just because it's so efficient. That's sounds neither fun nor challenging. Maybe and hopefully I'm totally wrong. I just feel uncomfortable with the design

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokkai View Post
    I'm torn between sticking with my druid or rerolling for shaman. My major concern with the druid is the heavy focus an WG
    *2/4 t19 bonus
    *2 golden dragons
    *Prosperity and SotF talents
    *Essence and Flourish

Transforming the spell into a very efficient and powerful mini-tranq, if everything procs and alligns. Our direct heals are meh, RJ spamming is not an option, mana restriction seems to hit druids hardest. This looks like a one trick pony to me, two trick with tranq. I don't question the raw healing power of a well played rdruid, but I just feel uncomfortable with this narrowed toolkit. Reminds of shamans in BT. I can almost see myself just wrathing, refreshing LB and Efflo, spending my MoC procs and throwing a RJ here and there, while waiting for the WG CD. Just because it's so efficient. That's sounds neither fun nor challenging. Maybe and hopefully I'm totally wrong. I just feel uncomfortable with the design
    After healing Tich (Normal), here's what my logs looked like with using WG on CD for a majority of the fight. The first 45-ish seconds didn't need it and then during the two other phases where you're dodging the laser I didn't need/couldn't use it. I'm sure someone here could calculate what my logs might've looked like different talents (such as SotF and prosperity, which probably would've been a tad higher thoughput).

EDIT: Idk why it doesn't show, but I ended at 327,022hps. If they fight went on for any longer like a few other pulls, it would've ended around 350-375k hps.

Those two gold dragon traits that you mentioned REQUIRE you to use rejuv, otherwise you're just being bad. Dreamwalker will literally do nothing without rejuv, and rejuv is the best option for Power of the Archdruid on consistent damage fights.

PS: I'm only using this fight as a benchmark for high/consistent damage fights, which rDruids tend to excel at.

PPS: If anyone has any suggestions/questions for my healing breakdown, please do let me know if I could improve. Ignore the tranq usage. My keybind/button bugged out on beta and wasn't working. I missed out on two more uses of it, since I was suing tranquil mind.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-08-02 at 09:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokkai View Post
    I don't question the raw healing power of a well played rdruid, but I just feel uncomfortable with this narrowed toolkit. Reminds of shamans in BT. I can almost see myself just wrathing, refreshing LB and Efflo, spending my MoC procs and throwing a RJ here and there, while waiting for the WG CD. Just because it's so efficient. That's sounds neither fun nor challenging. Maybe and hopefully I'm totally wrong. I just feel uncomfortable with the design
    So you want to tell that in previous expansions druids had much more spells to cast than in Legion? Funny, I didn't notice.
    I think you should go back a couple of pages. There was discussion about druid vs shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    After healing Tich (Normal), here's what my logs looked like with using WG on CD for a majority of the fight. The first 45-ish seconds didn't need it and then during the two other phases where you're dodging the laser I didn't need/couldn't use it. I'm sure someone here could calculate what my logs might've looked like different talents (such as SotF and prosperity, which probably would've been a tad higher thoughput).

EDIT: Idk why it doesn't show, but I ended at 327,022hps. If they fight went on for any longer like a few other pulls, it would've ended around 350-375k hps.

Those two gold dragon traits that you mentioned REQUIRE you to use rejuv, otherwise you're just being bad. Dreamwalker will literally do nothing without rejuv, and rejuv is the best option for Power of the Archdruid on consistent damage fights.

PS: I'm only using this fight as a benchmark for high/consistent damage fights, which rDruids tend to excel at.

PPS: If anyone has any suggestions/questions for my healing breakdown, please do let me know if I could improve. Ignore the tranq usage. My keybind/button bugged out on beta and wasn't working. I missed out on two more uses of it, since I was suing tranquil mind.
    Yes - Dreamwalker requires Rejuv usage to get any healing out of it, but it's also not a strong enough output source to make it worth going nuts casting extra Rejuvs ahead of each WG cast just for the 50% chance of additional Dreamwalker healing. It's probably only going to be worth doing that ahead of Flourish uses about once a minute.

Obviously, we will want to cast a Rejuv when we get a Power of the Archdruid proc, but that's mostly just a matter of reacting to the proc properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Yes - Dreamwalker requires Rejuv usage to get any healing out of it, but it's also not a strong enough output source to make it worth going nuts casting extra Rejuvs ahead of each WG cast just for the 50% chance of additional Dreamwalker healing. It's probably only going to be worth doing that ahead of Flourish uses about once a minute.

Obviously, we will want to cast a Rejuv when we get a Power of the Archdruid proc, but that's mostly just a matter of reacting to the proc properly.
    Of course Dreamwalker isn't strong enough to advocate prejuving people before casting a WG. I never said it was. So please, don't try to put words into my mouth (I seem to be guilty of it too, after re-reading what I quoted). All I said was the you need to use rejuv for either of those traits to do anything.

Thank you! I guess, I'll stick with my druid

That kind of depends whether the RNG is more like a bonus or critical.

Bonus could include certain procs that don't really alter your healing style, but just give you something extra; or alternatively make a different healing spell worth using. A lot of time the RNG effects are solid enough to notice it, but weak enough that you start to rely on them.
    Example here is the OoC proc. Nobody really blames a death because they didn't get an OoC proc.
    Same goes for PotA; it's pretty unreliable but a nice little bonus for when it does proc.

As theburned mentioned. The 60% crit on regrowth can be seen as a critical RNG effect. You're relying on Regrowth critting a lot of the time in mythic+ to keep the tank alive. The moment you get a bad streak of RNG, it could literally have made the difference between life and death.

Dreamwalker is a bit in between, and depends on the user perhaps. If you start to rely on those procs to happen and build your healing around it, you could be in for some bad RNG and wipe. (e.g. Let me rejuv a few more people here instead of spot healing the critically wounded, WG + DW should pick them up anyway).
    But you can also just ride it as a bonus, don't rely on it, just let the extra healing be extra healing. In that case Dreamwalker RNG isn't really a bad thing.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-08-05 at 11:19 AM.

The RNG issue with Regrowth is not the high critrate that it gets, it's the huge gap between a regular and a crit heal. With LS, a crit is 3.6 times stronger than a non-crit. You can bridge that with Abundance, but that has its own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    The RNG issue with Regrowth is not the high critrate that it gets, it's the huge gap between a regular and a crit heal. With LS, a crit is 3.6 times stronger than a non-crit. You can bridge that with Abundance, but that has its own problems.
    True, but combined with the 60% crit rate it makes things a bit wonky.
    Lets say you have 10% crit from gear as well, so this spell now has 70% crit; and you cast 2 regrowths in a row because your tank got slammed.

You have a 49% chance to get a double crit, which results in 2 * 3.6 = 7.2x normal Regrowth healing
    You have a 42% chance to get a single crit, which results in 1 + 3.6 = 4.6x normal Regrowth healing
    You have a 9% chance to get no crit at all, which results in 2 * 1 = 2x normal Regrowth healing

Add in the fact that your tank probably has Rejuv / Germination / Lifebloom and maybe a Wild Growth rolling, plus the HoT from Regrowth, makes 5 HoT effects. With 15% mastery (which is a stat we likely stack for mythic+), you're looking at +75% healing done on this target.
    For the relative values this doesn't make a difference, but for the absolute healing values that means the gap is even bigger.

This type of RNG kills, and is also why Abundance might be an option for some players in mythic+ just to give certainty to these kind of RNG things. It might not do all that much for your direct output; but it makes you consistent. And certain mythic+ fights will definitely turn into regrowth spamming, so this could be a game changer at such a point.

I don't think you can realistically count LS as as 100% contribution to regrowth, its just a bit more unreliable then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I don't think you can realistically count LS as as 100% contribution to regrowth, its just a bit more unreliable then that.
    for tank healing its quite reliable, for most of my mythic dungeons and raid testing with mostly tank healing living seed is slightly above my regrowth, with less overhealing aswell. Now ofc some of the living seed comes from other sources such as swiftmend aswell. Considering 1-1.5m crit heals they tend to pack quite a punch aswell (kinda painful with overflowing actually.)
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-08-07 at 01:42 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I dunno what happen in our last raid but our Disc Priest did more CD healing than I did with Tranq, with like no mana consumption .. Im a bit worried. He did like 50% more than tranq. Sadly we didnt log it . Do you have same experience? is the stupid op Disc already back now?

Guys, I dunno what happen in our last raid but our Disc Priest did more CD healing than I did with Tranq, with like no mana consumption .. Im a bit worried. He did like 50% more than tranq. Sadly we didnt log it . Do you have same experience? is the stupid op Disc already back now?
    Are you sure he didnt have an innervate? From my experience disc is very good at turning loads of mana into good chunks of healing, but they fall behind due to having a far more limiting mana pool (relative to their mana consumption.) than other healers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing at all, only stacking up atonment + di + mindbender. To bad we didnt log it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing at all, only stacking up atonment + di + mindbender. To bad we didnt log it.
    What fight was it? Because trinket procs are also turned into attonement healing, and aoe/cleave trinkets do a TON of output from what I've seen one of my friends do on Beta.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    What fight was it? Because trinket procs are also turned into attonement healing, and aoe/cleave trinkets do a TON of output from what I've seen one of my friends do on Beta.
    it was actually a fun raid for Blackhand Mythic, and the priest simple build up his heavy AOE to pull insanly high number on Demolition and I was not even close to it with Tranq .. even though there was still enough to heal so he didnt snipe me.

it was actually a fun raid for Blackhand Mythic, and the priest simple build up his heavy AOE to pull insanly high number on Demolition and I was not even close to it with Tranq .. even though there was still enough to heal so he didnt snipe me.
    Oh so he had DP, I am pretty sure your entire scenario is largely irrelevant.

Is 2m tranq still a trap compared to SB/culti?