Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    In my opinion, ranked or unranked means no real difference. You can only hope that in a ranked match people try harder but bottom line is - it puts you with randoms (when you play solo).

When you have situation like that, where you get wrecked, you can only try to experiment with classes. No need to lose nerves over underqualified team.

"I work hard in games" - It's good that you want to be succesful but believe me, games are not the place for that. It's okay to "work" hard for your reward but do not rely that many others want the same. Hence, you get to a conclusion that players do not care. Do not take streamers as succesful people either, please. 90% of are not even funny. Their "success" is measured on what they achieved in a GAME and everything else is ass licking for a piece of their attention, which tells about level of sadness some people have on both sides.
    Also people who "play good" and "work hard" in competitive more often not playing good or working hard. Who cares if you are the fucking best Zarya in the world if you don't communicate with your team and/or flame them for missplays or for not gratifying your wishes. If you want to be really good at overwatch you have to be communicative person and know what the fuck to do, instead of being mr hindsight and bring your team down.

The "i just do my job good and should win because reasons" mentality should be abolished ASAP if you want to get good at overwatch. Basically, every game with randoms should become a game with 5 of your friends on discord - everyone should make calls and spread information to others.

I don't even want to count times when game was won by simple "Genji behind" in voice chat
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-08-01 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

A lot of these mongoloids in QP don't get that their QP MMR influences their competitive ranking after placements, so let them act like that, make sure to dodge the games with them in it though.

They're all scum and not worth your time.

People who use the excuse "lul its quickplay" are almost always complete trash. A proper set up? Counters? Grouping? Nah, it's quick play! I came here to pick the worst possible hero for the situation, run in solo and die repeatedly, and get completely decimated because that's my idea of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    People who use the excuse "lul its quickplay" are almost always complete trash. A proper set up? Counters? Grouping? Nah, it's quick play! I came here to pick the worst possible hero for the situation, run in solo and die repeatedly, and get completely decimated because that's my idea of fun!
    Sorry but if I play ranked matches I will use the role we need, and right now I mostly play tank but if I see 3 tanks and no healers I will go healer.

I don't want this with quick play, I want to play what I want at that moment.

What's the point in having unranked play if you end up being forced to play like if it was ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Sorry but if I play ranked matches I will use the role we need, and right now I mostly play tank but if I see 3 tanks and no healers I will go healer.

What's the point in having unranked play if you end up being forced to play like if it was ranked.
    Pick quicker. Don't make 5 other people's lives miserable because you think losing is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

Yes, today I ended up with two games. One had everybody...except me, as McCree. We got hammered. Second game had a guy going "lulz, all pick bastion" and two did. Healer switched mid-game to fucking-not-healer, of course we get hammered.

When I have to deal with this immaturity constantly, then yes, at least fucking TRY to win. And that includes playing what the team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Pick quicker. Don't make 5 other people's lives miserable because you think losing is fun.
    I'm the first one picking a character and I will switch to the hero's we need and I will try to make bloody sure we have everything we need when playing competitive.

Why would I want to bother doing this crap on unranked as well, if I wanted to do this baby sitting full time I would always play ranked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yes, today I ended up with two games. One had everybody...except me, as McCree. We got hammered. Second game had a guy going "lulz, all pick bastion" and two did. Healer switched mid-game to fucking-not-healer, of course we get hammered.

When I have to deal with this immaturity constantly, then yes, at least fucking TRY to win. And that includes playing what the team needs.
    Same as the other guy, if I wanted to babysit everybody in every game I would stick to full time ranked play every time.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    As stated in the title, this is the sentence I hate the most when playing unranked because my friends are not online for ranked games.
    That sounds like your problem, not Blizzards.

How can somebody not care for anything at all?

I am a person that does anything to win. Not only in games. I am the same person in real life, too. I want to be succesful. I work hard for my job (and I worked hard to get that awesome job where I am able to earn a lot of money while having fun), I work hard in games to win.

Does that mean that you, who don't care at all in games, don't care for anything in real life at all, too?
    Maybe they don't, and that's why they are playing unranked and not competitive. If you only care about winning, or a "fair fight", stick to competitive.

This is a 6v6 team game, if you want to play seriously find five friends to play with. If you don't have five friends and you find playing alone annoying, you have the option to not play. Don't you think its a little arrogant to expect everyone to share your opinion? This is Overwatch, not Overwatch: Jajabongs edition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    If you only care about winning, or a "fair fight", stick to competitive.
    So, I can just pick hero that has extremely low chance of working with current team setup and then run around and be useless because I don't care about winning, and simply want to have fun? On top of that, blame others for being too shitty to win the match.

Yeah, sounds good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    So, I can just pick hero that has extremely low chance of working with current team setup...
    Remember, the other side usually do that too.

So, I can just pick hero that has extremely low chance of working with current team setup and then run around and be useless because I don't care about winning, and simply want to have fun? On top of that, blame others for being too shitty to win the match.

Yeah, sounds good.
    You're clearly of the mindset that winning is more important than having fun, or that you can only achieve fun by winning. That's perfectly fine, but you have to realise the opposite is true as well.

Expecting everyone to have the same goals as you in unranked is as unrealistic as it is arrogant.

Expecting someone to play a hero or role they don't have fun with, so you have a better time, seems a bit selfish; as selfish as someone playing what they want, you might say.

Expecting someone to play competitively, play necessary roles, and switch as needed is what ranked is all about.

There's two modes for a reason.

I gonna say it again:

I am not talking about the moment when you want to learn a champ. That's absolutely fine, if you are doing bad....heck, I also have really bad rounds with champs I know how to play, sht happens.

I am simply talking about the situation where your champion gets countered hard. Really hard. In that case you can't learn the champ because there is no way you can play the champ the way he is played. That makes absolutely no sense then. If you can't learn or you can't do anything with a champ even though you know him pretty good simply because you get hard countered, that's completely wierd and I can't understand the idea to stay on the champ for the game.
    Playing against your counters can still teach you something. Being skilled msometimes means that you can potentially beat counters by you working overtime or learning to pick out flaws in the opponents play.

And in a team/objective based game, you can lose hard vs shit -you- counter because they were better, or because your team just blows dicks instead of doing what they should be doing.

So yeah, play whatever you want in casual, it doesn't pay to care there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting everyone to have the same goals as you in unranked is as unrealistic as it is arrogant.
    So, if we get into same team, you won't complain if I'm just in background having my own fun instead of helping you guys?

So, if we get into same team, you won't complain if I'm just in background having my own fun instead of helping you guys?
    Whether I get annoyed and complain or not doesn't change the fact you have every right to do it if that's what floats your boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't complain unless a specific player on the other side is being allowed to dominate the game un-countered. I won't single you out as the problem though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm all for "all pick X" games, but only as long as everyone actually goes along. Maybe have one person stay out as a healer, like 5 Winstons and an Ana, but that's it. Less than a 5-stack, and you're not stacking and should play to win.

My arguments here have just been that I can "play to win" effectively as the hero I choose, as long as I'm fitting the role the group needs and I'm not blatantly counterpicked, like the two Genjis I played with the other night who stuck with Genji against a 3 Torb + Bastion defense strat (I swapped to Pharah the moment I saw what they were trying, FWIW).

Didn't help that our Reinhardt liked to Charge the Torb in the middle of the first point on Hollywood, usually dying from focus fire before he even reached 'em.

I just get annoyed when, in Quickplay, people bitch that "we need a real healer" when I'm rocking as Ana. Dude, I'm healing fine. You're getting one-shot as Genji because you don't know what you're doing; Mercy/Lucio/Zenyatta wouldn't be able to help you either.

I mean, I'm not the jerk who's gonna bitch in teamchat about this mid-game, or even post-game. I might comment if something's odd, like we're rolling out two Torbs on an Attack payload, but it's just a "Two torbs?" thing, and then I shut up. It's just in case they didn't notice the doubling up. Even if people's choices annoy me sometimes, I'm not gonna shit on their day.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-08-03 at 04:11 PM.

Expecting someone to play competitively, play necessary roles, and switch as needed is what ranked is all about.

There's two modes for a reason.
    Sounds like you're forcing your idea of fun on 5 other people who have to deal with the consequences of your poor choices. Playing competitively, playing necessary roles, and switching as needed is the very nature of the game and isn't limited to a single mode. You can build custom games/play AI and have a field day, but don't make everyone else's lives miserable because you have a warped idea of what's fun.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-03 at 07:35 PM.