Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

"We're putting everything we have into Legion"

http://i.imgur.com/uwulRlm.png

Are they really?

Patch 8.0 zones (not Legion) in full production during WoD's content drought
    Only 4 leveling zones in Legion
    More difficulty sliders instead of more content
    Average number of raid tiers (3)
    WoW Developers moving to other games
    14 month expansion wait
    Fewer features maintained (e.g. Brawler's Guild)

I believe that they are putting more effort into Legion than they did for WoD, but don't you think that that statement is just a bit over the top? It is quite clear that not everything they have is being put into Legion (not even close) with many resources being diverted to other projects, and the volume of content being released with Legion is about as much as you'd expect from any normal expansion (and in fact less in some areas). Nothing over the top like you'd expect from this over the top statement.

I don't think this hyperbolic rhetoric is helping their cause. In fact I would argue that it is doing more harm than good. It is hard to take Blizzard seriously when this kind of language is used.
    Last edited by styil; 2016-08-03 at 06:30 AM.

WoW Reddit actually received this very positively, mostly in light of Niantic's lack of direct feedback with Pokémon Go. I wouldn't read too much into the PR talk though

Oh, here wo go again, picking apart a single phrase from somewhere and putting all the butthurt into it you can muster.

You need to grow up. Don't you realize at all that stuff like this instantly makes you look like some obnoxiously spoiled brat? You should feel embarrassed. Actually it blows my mind that you don't.

There's nothing for them to worry about their rhetoric, because the only "harm" it can do is to piss people like you off, which is going to happen either way, because that's just who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Patch 8.0 zones (not Legion) in full production during WoD's content drought
    So you don't want them to balance the production of expansions, both current and future? Alrighty, enjoy your two year content drought needed to match your expectations.

Only 4 leveling zones in Legion
    Leveling structure has changed, how the map is divided has changed with it.

More difficulty sliders instead of more content
    Aight, so let's go back to have one difficulty and various forms of content with the unfortunate result of having less and less players seeing content as you release it due to not having varied difficulties.

Average number of raid tiers (3)
    A fourth - although unlikely - hasn't been ruled out. "At least" 3 tiers is what I've heard.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. Still, overwhelming opinion seems to be that 3 tiers is fine and appreciated. Four would be welcomed but 3 will be fine.

WoW Developers moving to other games
    And been replaced with new developers, some from of their other games. It's not like the WoW development team as a whole is being left high and dry.

14 month expansion wait
    Agreed but it's almost over, move on.

Fewer features maintained (e.g. Brawler's Guild)
    Getting revamped instead of just scaled and having the order swapped around. Or is recycling content okay when it matters to you? This post leads me to believe you're the kind of player who cries bloody murder when something is recycled. Yet here you are criticising them when something is being removed temporarily to return as something that feels new and exciting rather than tired and rehashed.
    Last edited by Swarzey; 2016-08-03 at 06:48 AM.

They said they were putting effort into fixing complaints with MoP when WoD was close. Activision-Blizzard are generally full of shit and you should judge them on what they do not what they claim. Going by the trend of the last few expansions, Legion is likely to be a failure.

"We're putting everything we have into Legion"

I don't think that literally means everything they have come up with, ideas etc. I am pretty sure it means "We put our hearts and souls into this project". Not a literal everything.

Have you never heard someone say "I will give you my all" Pretty much what that is saying.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your problem OP, is that you are concerned over quantity, not quality.

Less zones, sure. When there's tons more content in them, who can complain really? Is it about how many feet you get to walk before you reach the end of the zone?

3 raid tiers is still one up from WoD and nothing less than before, so there's no problem there.

More difficulties = more tailored content for more people = better quality content.

About brawlers guild, it went away the exact same way before WoD, so don't worry.

Nearly anyone who has spent time in beta would agree that the quality of this expansion is leaps and bounds above anything that has come before it.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    They said they were putting effort into fixing complaints with MoP when WoD was close. Activision-Blizzard are generally full of shit and you should judge them on what they do not what they claim. Going by the trend of the last few expansions, Legion is likely to be a failure.
    well, if you analyse it a bit, it goes like this.

BC: blizzard wtf, very hard content, nerf please, we cannot enjoy this.

WOTLK: blizzard wtf, very easy content, buff please, we cannot enjoy zerging.

Cata: blizzard wtf, very hard content, nerf please, we cannot enjoy this.

Mop: blizzard wtf, too much dailies, cut please, we cannot enjoy our life

WoD: blizzard wtf, nothing to do, more content please, we cannot enjoy afk in garrison.

(incoming QQ) Legion: blizzard wtf, TOO MUCH content, cut please, we cannot enjoy our life.

if you see, blizzard had a problem balancing, they either give you hard, or give you way less, they managed to fix the dungeons/raids problem, but i expect them to have problems with content, i would expect legion to be content heavy, and that people would go playing 24/7 and qqing that they cannot take a day break

Deleted
    I'm really wondering, how people like the thread opener can enjoy their lives at all with such kind of attitude ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally played Beta and I can say with absolute certainty that they've most definitely put a lot of greatness back into the game that's not been seen since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Your problem OP, is that you are concerned over quantity, not quality.

Less zones, sure. When there's tons more content in them, who can complain really? Is it about how many feet you get to walk before you reach the end of the zone?

3 raid tiers is still one up from WoD and nothing less than before, so there's no problem there.

More difficulties = more tailored content for more people = better quality content.

About brawlers guild, it went away the exact same way before WoD, so don't worry.
    I'm sorry but I don't want just quantity or quality, I want them both. A stick of regular gum vs. one of those fruity ones whose taste goes away after 1 sec, both are bad. I don't think I have "high / unrealistic expectations", but Blizzard isn't an indie studio either so the point stands. If Blizzard can't produce quality AND quantity, who ever could? (hint: Others SOMETIMES do)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalandia View Post
    I'm really wondering, how people like the thread opener can enjoy their lives at all with such kind of attitude ...
    They just have TOO MUCH free time.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I personally played Beta and I can say with absolute certainty that they've most definitely put a lot of greatness back into the game that's not been seen since Wrath.
    But they haven't sold their children yet and are eating regularly! They obviously haven't put all they have into legion!!!

Deleted
    I believe they mean they put every available resource into Legion (and added some).

Naturally the designers that are working on the next expansion as we speak, is not an available resource.

Looks like photoshop to me. Got a link to where this actually went down?

Oh dear. I've thought WoD was that arrow-in-the-knee for WoW's fanbase, but it seems it didn't leave a scratch on Blizzard devoted lovers. When WoD was fresh&new, it had the same allforgiving aura, new content was promoted (by beta-testers in fact) as "most great ever since WotLK". Less content? Nevermind, it will be Great Content. Less raids? Nah, it "will be fine". Most of PvX content focused in instanced garrisons? We will love them! But nor the scent of ancient WotLK-times-greatness neither tailoring the content for different categories of players did save us from boredom in dull and empty Draenor.

Stop being brainwashed cultists. Blizzard doesn't need your advocating or babysitting on forums. It's huge and wealthy company and they are making it for money; our money, to be accurate, so anyone who pays them have a right to complain or comment the quality of their work. Stop insulting people and drag their personal life issues in game discussions. It's disgusting. Looks like YOU have too much free time to crusify anyone, who dares to say aloud Legion won't be greatest game addon ever.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't want just quantity or quality, I want them both. A stick of regular gum vs. one of those fruity ones whose taste goes away after 1 sec, both are bad. I don't think I have "high / unrealistic expectations", but Blizzard isn't an indie studio either so the point stands. If Blizzard can't produce quality AND quantity, who ever could? (hint: Others SOMETIMES do)
    I get it now, it's an attitude problem. "I want more, I want it all". Well, welcome to the real world.

Hey, psst, it's a marketing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiaransalee View Post
    Oh dear. I've thought WoD was that arrow-in-the-knee for WoW's fanbase, but it seems it didn't leave a scratch on Blizzard devoted lovers. When WoD was fresh&new, it had the same allforgiving aura, new content was promoted (by beta-testers in fact) as "most great ever since WotLK". Less content? Nevermind, it will be Great Content. Less raids? Nah, it "will be fine". Most of PvX content focused in instanced garrisons? We will love them! But nor the scent of ancient WotLK-times-greatness neither tailoring the content for different categories of players did save us from boredom in dull and empty Draenor.

Stop being brainwashed cultists. Blizzard doesn't need your advocating or babysitting on forums. It's huge and wealthy company and they are making it for money; our money, to be accurate, so anyone who pays them have a right to complain or comment the quality of their work. Stop insulting people and drag their personal life issues in game discussions. It's disgusting. Looks like YOU have too much free time to crusify anyone, who dares to say aloud Legion won't be greatest game addon ever.
    Or, you know... People actually just enjoy the game?

The thing is, the people who legitimately just enjoy and play the game spend considerably less time defending it, then those who are trolling or hate the game. People who have issue with the game spend more time of forums, and more effort, in trying to make anyone who likes the game feel like a brainwashed twat.

I like the look of Legion. I didn't like Warlords, I think it wasn't their best work, but I also see that Warlords did have some good features and some bad. The same goes for every iteration of the game. Classic wasn't 100% amazing, it had huge issues and downfalls, as did every expansion. Perhaps though, people just like the game, where it's headed and the designs of Legion?