Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Before I went on break around mid HFC content I used to queue for random heroics as a healer when i was playing my shadow priests or ele sham. And people used to rage at me incessantly throughout the entire dungeon telling me to "switch specs if I'm going to queue as a healer" even though the whole group has been topped the entire dungeon and I'm 1st or 2nd in dps. I never understood what the problem was or how they could possibly complain. It was almost always a non hybrid dps class such as a hunter, mage, or warlock. I assumed they were just jealous. Anyways my point is this is nothing new and people just love to complain.

You people saying these stories can't/isn't happening are either very lucky or don't do a lot of dungeon groups in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    You people saying these stories can't/isn't happening are either very lucky or don't do a lot of dungeon groups in pugs.
    yes now there's really no use to que for dungeon groups in less mythic dungeons with guildys i don't bother quing for random dungeons + time walking kinda is pointless sure extra token but a norm chest its just not worth it at this point.

I do an insane amount of dungeons in pugs. Easily in the tens of thousands in my time by now, usually going out of my way to perform as well as I can, by e.g. dpsing as much as possible on my healers whenever I can. And I have never had any experience even remotely close to this. Well, I have had people be irredeemable fuckwads, obviously, but not had people attack me for not being a bad player. In fact, I don't think that has ever happened, outside of maybe some cringy, defensive comments that nobody else in the group took seriously.

So I am firmly in the camp that all the people complaining about this are actually morons who play their class so poorly that they get kicked for doing so. But since they're morons they don't understand that what they're doing is stupid, so they blame their group instead of themselves... which means that they don't learn anything, and repeat the exact same mistakes in their following dungeons, only to get more negative responses, only to still learn nothing from their mistakes... and so the circle goes, with these morons lost in the delusion that it's other people who are assholes, not them.

Every time I see a thread complaining about anything like this, I'm reminded of this Justified clip:
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    I had a similar experience the other day at low lvl. I just responded with,

"Has anybody died"
    "No"
    "Have we wiped"
    "No"
    "Then STFU and keep pressing your buttons"

Then I had the clown /w me after the dungeon, saying you I never cast penance on him once> i just told him I have to specc into it to be able to cast it defensively.

What you will find is 1. Not everyone know the changes about every Class. 2. Some people just want to stay at 100% at all times. And if they are below 100% for even more than a few Globals well, expect some questions to be asked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingthrones View Post

Going back to Disc Priest, I've seen a lot of Mythic dungeons lately on live that have had Disc's STRUGGLING to keep people alive, even on trash pulls. Some people just can't grasp the new mechanics, I see Shadow Mend spam constantly, then we all die. I personally haven't kicked a Disc before at least trying to explain things, but most of the time they get frustrated and leave the group anyways.
    Shadow Mend spam is not wrong though, especially not on the tank. Quite often it's just what you have to do. There is no way you will Atonement heal a tank through the damage some of these trash packs deal, the throughput is just not there, and i was in 715 gear, I can't imagine what someone in 660-680 (which is ostensibly what these dungeons were tuned for) would do.

Unfortunately for tank healing Shadow Mend spam is the go-to option while Smiting and Penance is what you do when your tank isn't dying in about 3 seconds.

It doesn't feel good at all right now. When I played as Holy it was a breeze with the large instant heals and the big AoE potential. Another world entirely, it's as if I went one difficulty down. And I didn't play Holy since TBC. Will re-asses at 110 I guess, but right now both Holy and Shadow at least look pretty solid.

I have...a lot...of alts. I have leveled 3 priests over the past few years 2 of 3 being disc, all dpsing while healing. Never once have I been kicked. Not to mention the dps and tanks I have leveled that make up two full servers worth of characters. I have never seen one disc priest in memory ever being kicked for healing while dpsing. So it's hard for me to believe that all of a sudden people are just being kicked. My guess is all of these "kicked for disc for no reason" actually don't know how to play it at higher level and are being kicked for people dying...running to a forum to whine "they kicked me and I didn't do anything!" type posts.

I could be wrong, it just seems off to me since this type of gameplay has been in the game as a weaker form, but it was doable. Now the spec is based around it, you should perform better (if you know what you are doing) and NOW people all of a sudden have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Shadow Mend spam is not wrong though, especially not on the tank. Quite often it's just what you have to do. There is no way you will Atonement heal a tank through the damage some of these trash packs deal, the throughput is just not there, and i was in 715 gear, I can't imagine what someone in 660-680 (which is ostensibly what these dungeons were tuned for) would do.

Unfortunately for tank healing Shadow Mend spam is the go-to option while Smiting and Penance is what you do when your tank isn't dying in about 3 seconds.

It doesn't feel good at all right now. When I played as Holy it was a breeze with the large instant heals and the big AoE potential. Another world entirely, it's as if I went one difficulty down. And I didn't play Holy since TBC. Will re-asses at 110 I guess, but right now both Holy and Shadow at least look pretty solid.
    I understand SM spam to keep a tank alive is what we're having to do right now. I was most talking about group healing solely with SM. You can tell the Discers that dont utilize atonement much at all.

I enjoy the playstyle of Disc a lot, but i feel its just too weak in its current state to keep up. I too swapped Holy and I really enjoy their new style too. My plan was to MS Disc but its not look too good, however Holy is a lot of fun so im not too worried if I MS Holy.

Shadow is great, but im worried about maximizing an efficent group for Mythic+ and i feel Holy will be really strong compared to Shadow.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I que up as a healer and go Shadow for heroics. Only one person has noticed so far and bitched that I wasn't healing, even though he was literally taking no damage and I was doing 5 times more dps than the second best dps.

I was doing a heroic 5 man on beta and one of the melee died to a boss ability. Someone else in the group tried to kick him for not knowing the boss mechanic.. on beta.
    It was also the last boss and he was at like 30% so it's not like it was going to wipe the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    lmao it reminds me of LK when the meters didn't count the absorbs as healing so every dumbass was like "kick the disc priest/don't take disc they do no hps"
    Huh? Skada was available in WOTLK, and it had a plugin that counted absorbs.

Granted, it wasn't 100% accurate, and you had to view a separate tab ("Healing+Absorbs" and "Healing" were two separate tabs) but it still worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post

Yeah, Disc is noticeably worse than Holy, when it comes to 5mans where you're the only healer. Holy can pop back and forth between ST and AoE healing instantly, whereas Disc can't really do both at once, especially with the setup time on Atonement.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-04 at 01:51 PM.

I never drop group during a pull as a tank, because that's a dick move, but I did it the other day in a Timewalker on my Warrior.

These stupid DPS with their heroic gear (irrelevant) were just pulling constantly and not focusing their DPS or doing effective AoE etc. so I was running around like CRAZY trying to pick up threat and taunt off the add they pulled etc. and they were just biiiitching at me the whole time like "lol scrub tank learn to keep aggro k?"

I tried to tell them - A) this is Timewalker, your gear doesn't matter B) this is post-patch, things are different for tanks/healers especially, I'm waiting for healer to be ready to do the next pull, and trying to mitigate incoming damage by pulling smartly and C) you need to focus fire on my target or wait a second before spamming all of your on-demand AoE damage.

Finally, I just said you know what? I can find another group in 3 seconds, you need to learn to play kid and made a huge pull and promptly dropped group.

I hope the healer dropped too and the shitty DPS kids had to spend another 15 minutes waiting for their next tank to abuse.

God I hate people sometimes, morons like that just ruin the damn game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    I never drop group during a pull as a tank, because that's a dick move, but I did it the other day in a Timewalker on my Warrior.

These stupid DPS with their heroic gear (irrelevant) were just pulling constantly and not focusing their DPS or doing effective AoE etc. so I was running around like CRAZY trying to pick up threat and taunt off the add they pulled etc. and they were just biiiitching at me the whole time like "lol scrub tank learn to keep aggro k?"

I tried to tell them - A) this is Timewalker, your gear doesn't matter B) this is post-patch, things are different for tanks/healers especially, I'm waiting for healer to be ready to do the next pull, and trying to mitigate incoming damage by pulling smartly and C) you need to focus fire on my target or wait a second before spamming all of your on-demand AoE damage.

Finally, I just said you know what? I can find another group in 3 seconds, you need to learn to play kid and made a huge pull and promptly dropped group.

I hope the healer dropped too and the shitty DPS kids had to spend another 15 minutes waiting for their next tank to abuse.

God I hate people sometimes, morons like that just ruin the damn game for me.
    The changes they made are more fundamental to core class changes, people that havent played Beta not expecting the change just continue like normal. Then when their DPS is shit or the content isnt complete faceroll they bitch about pre-patch balance and hit the forums blasting blizzard for ruining the game.

Unfortunately this is a norm for pug/randoms. Jumping to conclusions and not putting any effort into understanding the changes and balance meant for 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingthrones View Post
    The changes they made are more fundamental to core class changes, people that havent played Beta not expecting the change just continue like normal. Then when their DPS is shit or the content isnt complete faceroll they bitch about pre-patch balance and hit the forums blasting blizzard for ruining the game.

Unfortunately this is a norm for pug/randoms. Jumping to conclusions and not putting any effort into understanding the changes and balance meant for 110.
    Indeed. The instant gratification kiddies are out in full force atm. I just hope Blizzard don't cave in to them.

So I mained a healer when I raided in ffxiv, I know how the new healing works and I know when and how to heal and dps. Yet in a time walking dungeon last week I got kicked for not spamming heals on the tank and he cried about how he was not full hp 24/7. As a holy priest I have a massive 50%-75% instant heal on a one minute cool down so I usually dps until I need to hit that button and then heal accordingly (depending on how much damage will be taken in the next 15 seconds). Tank continued to boast about his 13/13M achievement (who didn't get 13/13M until it got nerfed, also took him over 9 months to complete) in a WOTLK time walking dungeon where no one died, no one came close to dying, but I still got kicked. What's sad is that the others proceeded to vote kick for absolutely no reason. Ever since him I haven't had problems with dpsing as a healer and utilizing my stuns correctly. Meh, the amount of ignorance in this world truly amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Yeah... Unless the tank is dying I don't buy these stories. I've been running a lot of tw dungeons and yet to face someone who thinks my dps makes me less a healer.
    You find it hard to believe there would be ignorance and toxic behaviour in WoW? You must be trolling, it's everywhere. I myself had an idiot Mage telling me stop DPSing as soon as the instance started.

WoW players are far more likely to be assholes than in the general population imho, thats why a good guild is mandatory - to provide insulation from the seething mass of scumbags out there.

I've never had anyone cry at me or kick me for something like this.

But if someone did complain at me and accuse me of not healing or something, I'd pretty much...yeah, what raiziee said:

"Did anyone die? No? Then shut the fuck up."

I've leveling a new tank by running randoms and truthfully when a Disco priesty penances ME I'm surprised and I do notice when we have a Disc vs some other healers, Holy Pallies seem to bring the pain as well, shit just melts so damn fast with all members doing deeps.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    I was kicked from hellbreach LFR after first boss for doing mostly damage as holy, because we had 2 druids and there was literally nothing to heal. I was 10th on DPS with 1.5 years old gear. Now I only queue as shadow.

Deleted
    Reminds me of time when i was tanking a dungeon and got kicked because "You are supposed to be tank not dps" when i was also topping the dmg meter.