Deleted

Brewmaster fake dmg reduction

Hello,

I want to share my feeling about new brewmaster after I watch some mythic+ dungeons on prot paly.

As we know BM main active mitigation is Ironskin Brew what gives ONLY additional stagger%. Overall for me stagger idea was good in MoP and WoD when we could purify ALL stagger but now i feel like we redue nothing because we take all dmg anyways without full purify. When i was watching mythic+ dungeons of Prot Palading and his active mitigation is pure dmg reduction and he was in trouble at m+ 11 then I thought how the hell can I do this as BM when i don't reduce dmg but I will take it just as a DoT, how my healer is goin to keep me alive?

We can take a look for this from damage dealer side. When DD's ability X deal 100k dmg to enemy, enemy can mitigate this by stagger and take 60k dps instant and rest as a dot, so do i lose anything from my dmg? No, I still deal 100k.

Maybe I am wrong but I love dungeons and I am afraid i won't be abble to do this as BM at highest level. Any BM here who done m10+ dungeon? Will Celestial Fortune be enough to hold that stagger DoT eating u when u can purify only half of ur stagger?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still purify the 50%. Just because it isn't 100% doesn't mean it is worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

For comparison, note that Frenzied Regeneration for Druids heals them for 50% of the damage they took over the last 5 seconds. This has a 24-second cooldown. BrM gets the same effect from ISB + Purify, and you recharge charges a hell of a lot faster than 2 every 24 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    You can still purify the 50%. Just because it isn't 100% doesn't mean it is worthless.
    No, it means it's just 50% worthless!

On topic. I've tested my tank warrior, my brewmaster and my dk so far. Right now, without artifact weapon. Brewmaster is plain and simple trash. Brewmaster lost most of it's interesting aspects and what it retained has been gutted. The rework made the specc completely and utterly unfun atop of being very inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    For comparison, note that Frenzied Regeneration for Druids heals them for 50% of the damage they took over the last 5 seconds. This has a 24-second cooldown. BrM gets the same effect from ISB + Purify, and you recharge charges a hell of a lot faster than 2 every 24 seconds.
    Druid has a way larger health pool and a bunch of other abilities. Thus this comparison doesn't hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Druid has a way larger health pool and a bunch of other abilities. Thus this comparison doesn't hold up.
    That is not true, BrM has vastly more EHP than any other tank. You are far less likely to get gibbed by damage before you can use your Purify to reduce it than a Druid is before they can use Frenzied Regeneration.

I do think Druids are stronger tanks than Brewmasters but the difference is not large. The main sticking point is Thick Hide which has no real reason to exist. An important thing to remember about Druids is that while they have a lot more armor, they gain ZERO defensive value from crit, and crit is slathered all over their gear. 5/6 of their tier pieces have crit on them which are just completely wasted stats for Guardians.

Warriors are stupidly overpowered to the point where other tanks are not really viable in comparison. I'm pretty surprised you felt BrM was lacking compared to your DK, however, as BrM is a lot stronger than Blood right now.
    Last edited by Xequecal; 2016-08-01 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    EHP =! HP Pool. Druids do have a larger HP pool yes/no? Do not insert things I've never said to make a fake case for yourself.

EHP =! HP Pool. Druids do have a larger HP pool yes/no? Do not insert things I've never said to make a fake case for yourself.
    Why, exactly, is Druids having a higher HP pool relevant at all? EHP is what matters when you're talking about not dying, the HP number is meaningless without that context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason to mention HP pool is in context of EHP. Btw based on what you write you haven't really given any real thought for BrM. 50% purify isn't worthless by any margin. It is just foreign concept for you that stagger is actually a mechanic to care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

15+ Year Old Account
    You mention health in your argument for tanking viability, and then try to claim EHP isn't relevant to what you're discussing. Do you understand how tanking works?

As Brew in Prisoner of War TW, you can pull first boss and the adjacent trash, go FB+ISB, and jump up to 300% stagger (Afaik means I basically died thrice over). With BoB, the trash is cleaved down by the time you're running out of purifies.

So I ran TW whole evening, and it turns out shieldblock is a dream in those. Brewmasters work well since there's little spikey mob AA surprise damage and DKs can deal with spike damage really well with that DS window. Not really sold on palas/druids atm.
    Last edited by meob; 2016-08-02 at 12:05 AM.

Brewmaster lost most of it's interesting aspects and what it retained has been gutted.
    I lost my giant shield so BrM is trash and uninteresting now!

That is not true, BrM has vastly more EHP than any other tank. You are far less likely to get gibbed by damage before you can use your Purify to reduce it than a Druid is before they can use Frenzied Regeneration.

I do think Druids are stronger tanks than Brewmasters but the difference is not large. The main sticking point is Thick Hide which has no real reason to exist. An important thing to remember about Druids is that while they have a lot more armor, they gain ZERO defensive value from crit, and crit is slathered all over their gear. 5/6 of their tier pieces have crit on them which are just completely wasted stats for Guardians.
    crit gives bears dodge.

Deleted
    Why, exactly, is Druids having a higher HP pool relevant at all? EHP is what matters when you're talking about not dying, the HP number is meaningless without that context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    You mention health in your argument for tanking viability, and then try to claim EHP isn't relevant to what you're discussing. Do you understand how tanking works?
    Because I say so!

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I lost my giant shield so BrM is trash and uninteresting now!
    Brewmaster lost a whole lot more than that, they lost pretty much everything and you know that perfectly fine.